Windows 10: Flush DNS Cache

Discus and support Flush DNS Cache in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; The other day I tried to flush my DNS cache (no particular reason). command run as admin: ipconfig/flushdns result: Successfully flushed the DNS... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by aliskander, Jun 6, 2020.

1. Flush DNS Cache

The other day I tried to flush my DNS cache (no particular reason).
    command run as admin: ipconfig/flushdns
    result: Successfully flushed the DNS Resolver Cache.
    but with the command ipconfg/displaydns I still see 139 entries
    the service "DNS Client" is running (set to automatic)
    tried several times with the same result.
    my OS is Windows 10 Home Edition version 1909
    has anyone an idea why and how to remedy this?

:)

aliskander, Jun 6, 2020
  2. Callender Win User

Flush DNS Cache

Personally I disable the service using Autoruns before rebooting and flushing then re-enable the service.

Flush DNS Cache [​IMG]

Or else I use Hostsman:

Flush DNS Cache [​IMG]

Callender, Jun 8, 2020
  3. Flush DNS Cache

The other day I tried to flush my DNS cache (no particular reason).
    command run as admin: ipconfig/flushdns
    result: Successfully flushed the DNS Resolver Cache.
    but with the command ipconfg/displaydns I still see 139 entries
    the service "DNS Client" is running (set to automatic)
    tried several times with the same result.
    my OS is Windows 10 Home Edition version 1909
    has anyone an idea why and how to remedy this?

aliskander, Jun 8, 2020
  4. Flush DNS Cache

Flush DNS Cache

yes, I do have quite a number of entrie is my hosts file; all pointing at my computer : 127.0.0.1
    and I see these entries reappear in the DNS cache but alse other entries NOT in the hosts file with
    entries pointing to existing websites.
    these are not flushed by the command ipconfig /flushdns
    Should I delete all entries in the hosts file, flush dns and then rewrite the hosts file?

aliskander, Jun 8, 2020
Thema:

Flush DNS Cache

1. Flush DNS Cache - Similar Threads - Flush DNS Cache

2. Flush DNS Cache Problem

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Flush DNS Cache Problem: Netflix won't open, so I searched the web, which told me to flush the DNS cache, I did flush the DNS cache, but the problem was not solved. I tried reinstalling Netflix, but the Microsoft Store takes a long time to load. Also, can't open the Windows update. It says that I...
  3. Flush DNS Cache Problem

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Flush DNS Cache Problem: Netflix won't open, so I searched the web, which told me to flush the DNS cache, I did flush the DNS cache, but the problem was not solved. I tried reinstalling Netflix, but the Microsoft Store takes a long time to load. Also, can't open the Windows update. It says that I...
  4. How do I flush dns cache windows 10 microsoft edge ?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    How do I flush dns cache windows 10 microsoft edge ?: How do I flush dns cache windows 10 microsoft edge ? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-flush-dns-cache-windows-10-microsoft-edge/a4daef52-2e55-4e5d-b279-1c5624a01f42
  5. Shortcut to flush DNS Cache

Shortcut to flush DNS Cache: I am trying to create a shortcut to flush my DNS cache to avoid having to open the command prompt and enter the ipconfig command each time. I have seen two methods to supposedly do this. In the first method, I create a batch file with the ipconfig.exe /flushdns command, save...
  6. Flush DNS Cache

Flush DNS Cache: The other day I tried to flush my DNS cache (no particular reason). command run as admin: ipconfig/flushdns result: Successfully flushed the DNS Resolver Cache. but with the command ipconfg/displaydns I still see 139 entries the service "DNS Client" is running (set to...
  7. Can't connect to any network; can't flush DNS cache

Can't connect to any network; can't flush DNS cache: I'm using windows 10 64 bit ad an administrator. I can't connect to the internet. I just keep getting "Dns_probe_finished_nxdomain" on Chrome. I've tried running windows troubleshooter and it says "Troubleshooting can't identify the problem." I've set my ipv4 DNS addresses...
  8. DNS Cache

DNS Cache: I have a site that was pointed to shopify, and then closed the store. Now when I try to load the new site, it always directs to the closed shopify site. If I do a dns reset using ipconfig /flushdns it will work for a while, but then always reverts back. So I have to reset...
  9. Manually Flush memory cache ?

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Manually Flush memory cache ?: Anyone familiar on how to manually flush memory cache and buffers as mentioned here but this method does not work on Windows10 ? 54064
  10. Flush DNS Resolver Cache in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Flush DNS Resolver Cache in Windows 10: How to: Flush DNS Resolver Cache in Windows 10 How to Flush DNS Resolver Cache in Windows 10 [img] Information A DNS (Domain Name System) resolver cache is a temporary database, maintained by Windows, that contains records of all your recent visits and attempted...