Windows 10: Fn Brightness not working after Windows Update (Dell)

Discus and support Fn Brightness not working after Windows Update (Dell) in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hello. Fn brightness function was working correctly, until a windows update about 3 weeks ago. Then I tried to fix it by going to the device manager... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by lolville, Jan 2, 2021.

1. lolville Win User

Fn Brightness not working after Windows Update (Dell)

Hello.

Fn brightness function was working correctly, until a windows update about 3 weeks ago.

Then I tried to fix it by going to the device manager and then updating the drivers. (Monitors- Generic Pnp Monitor - Update - Browse my computer for drivers - Let me pick from a list of availabe drivers on my computer- Generic Pnp Monitor)
    HwId SEC544B

The fix was temporary and I couldn't use the Fn brightness keys after a laptop restart.

Now I tried unistalling the driver and restarting my laptop. Now the brightness dosen't change at all even after using Mobility Center.

Is there any fix for this?

Dell Latitude E6520
    Intel hd3000
    Version 2004 ( OS build 19041.685)

Thank you!

:)

lolville, Jan 2, 2021
  2. sammy Win User

Brightness not working on Windows10.

Hi ,

On my Dell 5559 Windows 10 , brightness not working.

Have tried few steps from youtube videos but did not work.

Please guide.

Thanks.

sammy, Jan 2, 2021
  3. KittenW Win User
    Dell e6220 fn keys can't adjust brightness on windows 10

My dell e6220 can't adjust brightness on windows 10 via fn+arrow up/down combination. However it is possible to adjust brightness using power management window, or notification panel. Also, after intel hd 3000 updating driver in device management window,
    it's possible to change brightness via fn+arrow up/down combination, until I restart pc.

p.s. sorry for my english.

KittenW, Jan 2, 2021
  4. Fn Brightness not working after Windows Update (Dell)

Brightness buttons not working (but the rest of the fn keys do)

I have a Dell XPS 13 (2016 version) and the brightness Fn keys suddenly stopped working. I updated my display driver, but the buttons still don't work. When I press one of them, my brightness indicator shows up in the top left corner of my screen, but it doesn't move. The rest of my Fn keys work fine, only the brightness keys don't work. Windows updated recently and I'm on the Slow channel of the Windows Insider Program, so I'm thinking there's a bug in that update that broke my brightness keys. Is there a way I can fix them?

Parker Piedmont, Jan 2, 2021
Thema:

Fn Brightness not working after Windows Update (Dell)

1. Fn Brightness not working after Windows Update (Dell) - Similar Threads - Brightness working Update

2. Brightness FN keys not working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Brightness FN keys not working: Hello, yesterday i reinstalled windows 10 in my Acer Nitro 5 an515-54 laptop, and it was all working except the fn + rignt and left arrow keys. I checked in an "test your input" site, and appearently, it doesn't even register. I already tried fiddling with bios function key...
  3. Brightness FN keys not working

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Brightness FN keys not working: Hello, yesterday i reinstalled windows 10 in my Acer Nitro 5 an515-54 laptop, and it was all working except the fn + rignt and left arrow keys. I checked in an "test your input" site, and appearently, it doesn't even register. I already tried fiddling with bios function key...
  4. Brightness FN keys not working

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. Problems after Windows 10 update:- Fn +brightness & Lid Close

in Windows 10 Support
    Problems after Windows 10 update:- Fn +brightness & Lid Close: After updating Windows 10 Home (to build 21313) on my laptop, I have the following two problems :- 1. Fn + Brightness keys (F9 and F10) no longer work. Fn + sound keys and other such functions working correctly. I can, however, still use brightness slide bar in Settings to...
  6. Fn brightness keyboard shortcuts not working after Microsoft Windows 10, version 20H2 update

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Fn brightness keyboard shortcuts not working after Microsoft Windows 10, version 20H2 update: after Windows 10, version 20H2 update i am unable to use Fn brightness keyboard shortcuts,however i can still use other Fn shortcuts. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/fn-brightness-keyboard-shortcuts-not-working-after/6e98fddf-dc12-404c-8041-7b1becffe574
  7. Fn Locked Brightness and Keyboard Lightening Buttons Not Working

in Windows 10 Customization
    Fn Locked Brightness and Keyboard Lightening Buttons Not Working: I recently got a Windows 10 update for my Notebook 9 Spin, and now the settings, brightness, and keyboard light buttons don't work. I've tested the keyboard itself and the F1, F2, F3, F9 buttons work fine on their own, but when I turn on Fn Lock they do not work anymore. My...
  8. fn keys for brightness

in Windows 10 Customization
    fn keys for brightness: hello guys I have problem with the fn key for brightness. it work before I format my pc but now didn't work.(p.s for sound, fn keys works but for brightness did not). which can be the problem if u can help me, I will be thankful....
  9. Unable to change brightness via fn + brightness keys after windows 10 update

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Unable to change brightness via fn + brightness keys after windows 10 update: Same problem with muting and unmuting via fn+(un)mute. Other fn combinations seem to work. It is possible to change the brightness via settings but I really want the hotkeys to work. I have tried updating drivers for keyboards and display adapters but that didn't work. I...
  10. Brightness Fn Controller Non-Functional after windows 10 Update

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Brightness Fn Controller Non-Functional after windows 10 Update: I have just recently updated to the latest version of Windows 10 and after it finished installing, i now cannot change the brightness using the function keys in my keyboard. I have tried updating the controllers for the display, but they are already updated. This is not the...