Windows 10: Fn+Esc combination not working.

Discus and support Fn+Esc combination not working. in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; I bought a new laptop and it's running fine. But after the latest Windows Update, I got a problem that I need to pressFn every time I need to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Heroic.God, Dec 21, 2020.

1. Fn+Esc combination not working.

I bought a new laptop and it's running fine. But after the latest Windows Update, I got a problem that I need to pressFn every time I need to increase/decrease volume. That's annoying. And it ran fine before the update. The problem isFn+Esc is not working. I can't lock function keys. When i usually press a function key, the screen shows feedback. But now it won't. Other allfn+ combinations work.

Laptop - Asus Vivobook 14

Windows 10 Home 1909

A solution would be helpful :

:)

Heroic.God, Dec 21, 2020
  2. SharmaVts Win User

"fn+esc" stopped working

Hi,

I have a dell inspiron 3542 laptop

Before to change the behavior of function keys I used to simply press 'fn+esc' which used to the change the purpose/behavior of fn keys,

but now fn+esc does nothing. I have to go to bios everytime always to change the behavior

the 'fn+esc' was very useful as i use function keys for both function and multimedia. It is problem to turn off a laptop always to change the behavior

How do I get the setting back - 'Using Fn+esc to change the behavior of fn keys?'

SharmaVts, Dec 21, 2020
  3. Function key (Fn) is not working!

Tried what was on that page didnt resolve the issue. Fn + Esc does still not mute, and Fn + F1 or any other combination doesnt work Fn+Esc combination not working. :(

LachlanWynn, Dec 21, 2020
  4. Fn+Esc combination not working.

Fn+F5 combination suddenly stopped working.

I have a Fujitsu Lifebook A555 with Windows 10 latest version installed in it. The combination Fn+F5 used to turn on/off Airplane mode on my laptop.

Today, suddenly it stopped working. I tried checking for driver updates but found none. Also, no Windows updates were found. Other combinations such as Fn+F6 or individually F5 key is working but not Fn+F5.

Please help me figure this out as it is causing inconvenience for me.

Thanks,

Jyotirmay Kumar Jha, Dec 21, 2020
Thema:

Fn+Esc combination not working.

1. Fn+Esc combination not working. - Similar Threads - Fn+Esc combination working

2. Fn+Esc not working on HP Victus after clean install

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Fn+Esc not working on HP Victus after clean install: I have an HP Victus Fb-0119AX laptop, and I just did a clean windows 11 install.If I press Fn+Esc key, the HP System Info doesn't come up. Also, before clean installing, pressing fn+f11 would disable touchpad. and while disabling the touchpad by pressing those 2 buttons, and...
  3. Fn+Esc not working on HP Victus after clean install

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Fn+Esc not working on HP Victus after clean install: I have an HP Victus Fb-0119AX laptop, and I just did a clean windows 11 install.If I press Fn+Esc key, the HP System Info doesn't come up. Also, before clean installing, pressing fn+f11 would disable touchpad. and while disabling the touchpad by pressing those 2 buttons, and...
  4. My 'a' key only works when combining 'fn + f9'

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My 'a' key only works when combining 'fn + f9': My 'a' key only works when combining 'fn + f9'It works, there's nothing physically wrong with it, its just my pc. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-a-key-only-works-when-combining-fn-f9/01ec7794-d713-4316-98b9-468569e04fa7
  5. My 'a' key only works when combining 'fn + f9'

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My 'a' key only works when combining 'fn + f9': My 'a' key only works when combining 'fn + f9'It works, there's nothing physically wrong with it, its just my pc. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-a-key-only-works-when-combining-fn-f9/01ec7794-d713-4316-98b9-468569e04fa7
  6. My 'a' key only works when combining 'fn + f9'

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  7. Fn+Esc keys

in Windows 10 Customization
    Fn+Esc keys: F1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,10,11,12 keys are not working I think this is because , I pressed Fn and Esc keys together in my windows 10 pc. how to fix this issue https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/fnesc-keys/9c8c33b6-b287-4051-9788-df2839a26611
  8. fn+esc key combination doesn't work

fn+esc key combination doesn't work: I have a dell Inspiron 15 3567 and it has this combination which switches between the primary and secondary it worked when I first got the laptop but then it stopped working for some reason the only way I can change this is by going into bios mode or something but I want...
  9. Fn+F5 combination suddenly stopped working.

Fn+F5 combination suddenly stopped working.: I have a Fujitsu Lifebook A555 with Windows 10 latest version installed in it. The combination Fn+F5 used to turn on/off Airplane mode on my laptop. Today, suddenly it stopped working. I tried checking for driver updates but found none. Also, no Windows updates were found....
  10. CTRL SHIFT ALT fn esc keys don't work

in Windows 10 Customization
    CTRL SHIFT ALT fn esc keys don't work: So for a while now my CTRL SHIFT ALT fn esc keys have not been working and i have no idea why. I've looked for solutions on a lot of different forums but all the suggestions are the same. I don't have sticky keys, the keyboard drivers are up to date and I only have one...