Windows 10: fn+esc key combination doesn't work

Discus and support fn+esc key combination doesn't work in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I have a dell Inspiron 15 3567 and it has this combination which switches between the primary and secondary it worked when I first got the laptop but... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by zed211, Dec 6, 2020.

1. zed211 Win User

fn+esc key combination doesn't work

I have a dell Inspiron 15 3567 and it has this combination which switches between the primary and secondary

it worked when I first got the laptop but then it stopped working for some reason

the only way I can change this is by going into bios mode or something but I want to quickly switch cuz sometimes I want it to lower the volume and sometimes I want it to do the shortcuts in some games without pressing fn you know?

:)

zed211, Dec 6, 2020
  2. SharmaVts Win User

"fn+esc" stopped working

Hi,

I have a dell inspiron 3542 laptop

Before to change the behavior of function keys I used to simply press 'fn+esc' which used to the change the purpose/behavior of fn keys,

but now fn+esc does nothing. I have to go to bios everytime always to change the behavior

the 'fn+esc' was very useful as i use function keys for both function and multimedia. It is problem to turn off a laptop always to change the behavior

How do I get the setting back - 'Using Fn+esc to change the behavior of fn keys?'

SharmaVts, Dec 6, 2020
  3. Esc key not working without pressing Fn

On my HP Probook 650 G1 some of the F1 - F12 keys have special functions like changing the volume/brightness, etc. I changed my BIOS settings so that I don't need to press the fn key to use those options, but now the esc key also only works when I press fn + esc. Is it possible to leave the F1 - F12 keys like this but still use the esc key without pressing fn?

user1028188, Dec 6, 2020
  4. Drone Win User

FN key always on

Fn key got absolutely nothing to do with BIOS.

It just requires some bizarre combination. One of this should do the trick:

fn + scrl
    fn+ num
    fn + F11
    fn + F8

Drone, Dec 6, 2020
Thema:

1. fn+esc key combination doesn't work - Similar Threads - fn+esc key combination

2. fn key combinations to manipulate mic input

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    fn key combinations to manipulate mic input: Hello,I have Lenovo IdeaPad Gaming 3 and I want to bind fn + Up/Down arrow to Microphone input increase/decrease respectively.Is there any way to do it? On my main PC, I have a separate sound interface connected to it and I can increase/decrease input gain with a knob....
  3. fn key combinations to manipulate mic input

in Windows 10 Gaming
    fn key combinations to manipulate mic input: Hello,I have Lenovo IdeaPad Gaming 3 and I want to bind fn + Up/Down arrow to Microphone input increase/decrease respectively.Is there any way to do it? On my main PC, I have a separate sound interface connected to it and I can increase/decrease input gain with a knob....
  4. My 'a' key only works when combining 'fn + f9'

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My 'a' key only works when combining 'fn + f9': My 'a' key only works when combining 'fn + f9'It works, there's nothing physically wrong with it, its just my pc. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-a-key-only-works-when-combining-fn-f9/01ec7794-d713-4316-98b9-468569e04fa7
  5. My 'a' key only works when combining 'fn + f9'

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My 'a' key only works when combining 'fn + f9': My 'a' key only works when combining 'fn + f9'It works, there's nothing physically wrong with it, its just my pc. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-a-key-only-works-when-combining-fn-f9/01ec7794-d713-4316-98b9-468569e04fa7
  6. My 'a' key only works when combining 'fn + f9'

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  7. Fn+Esc keys

in Windows 10 Customization
    Fn+Esc keys: F1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,10,11,12 keys are not working I think this is because , I pressed Fn and Esc keys together in my windows 10 pc. how to fix this issue https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/fnesc-keys/9c8c33b6-b287-4051-9788-df2839a26611
  8. Fn+Esc combination not working.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Fn+Esc combination not working.: I bought a new laptop and it's running fine. But after the latest Windows Update, I got a problem that I need to pressFn every time I need to increase/decrease volume. That's annoying. And it ran fine before the update. The problem isFn+Esc is not working. I can't lock...
  9. Some keys only work when pressed in combination with Fn key

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Some keys only work when pressed in combination with Fn key: Hello everyone, I have a strange issue with my keyboard and I can't seem to find other posts about it. When I press specific keys (L, down arrow, 9 on numpad), they sometimes are not recognized. For minutes at a time, I cannot press them on their own (issue is present in...
  10. CTRL SHIFT ALT fn esc keys don't work

in Windows 10 Customization
    CTRL SHIFT ALT fn esc keys don't work: So for a while now my CTRL SHIFT ALT fn esc keys have not been working and i have no idea why. I've looked for solutions on a lot of different forums but all the suggestions are the same. I don't have sticky keys, the keyboard drivers are up to date and I only have one...