Windows 10: FN + f1-f12 keycombination not working properly as media keys

Discus and support FN + f1-f12 keycombination not working properly as media keys in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I've had this problem since i updated to the last version of windows. what i expect the keys to do is when i press the combination FN + f7 the music in... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by FlorianBurg, Apr 19, 2019.

1. FN + f1-f12 keycombination not working properly as media keys

I've had this problem since i updated to the last version of windows. what i expect the keys to do is when i press the combination FN + f7 the music in spotify plays or pauses but when i have any form of media on chrome open for example a youtube video, i plays/pauses that video instead of the spotify song.

:)

FlorianBurg, Apr 19, 2019

2. How To Disable Fn key for F1-F12?

Just press the Fn key... when the LED on the key is on, function keys work as F1...F12; when it is off, the keys work as media keys...

when holding Fn key while pressing any function key, the key does the opposite to the action it would do without the Fn key pressed

TomášSouček, Apr 19, 2019
  3. How To Disable Fn key for F1-F12?

Where is the LED key?

OctoberStorm, Apr 19, 2019
  4. FN + f1-f12 keycombination not working properly as media keys

How To Disable Fn key for F1-F12?

Dear Microsoft,

I just brought the Designer Bluetooth Keyboard . And i using Window 10. Is there any way i can disable the FN key for F1-F12? Its very troublesome for me to keep on using the Fn key. Where i use to normal keyboard.

Jeffrey Ng

JeffreyNgChenHow, Apr 19, 2019
Thema:

FN + f1-f12 keycombination not working properly as media keys

1. FN + f1-f12 keycombination not working properly as media keys - Similar Threads - f12 keycombination working

2. F1 to F12 keys are not working

in Windows 10 Customization
    F1 to F12 keys are not working: I have a dell letitude E7450 laptop. I have a minor issue with the laptop that my any F key is not working properly. all keys are properly working no any hardware issue but the issue is that when I press any F4 key my mic turns off but when I press Alt+F4 power menu does not...
  3. Let the funtion keys work as function keys F1~F12

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Let the funtion keys work as function keys F1~F12: Hello guys.I am not sure for asking here becasue it is question for using Keyboard. But I believe that this is the best section.- Accessory : Microsoft Comfort Keyboard 5050- Problem : F-Lock key is released automatically several times in day, without an exact cycle.-...
  4. laptop f1 - f12 keys not working

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    laptop f1 - f12 keys not working: my function keys on my laptop are not working properly. my f5 is for keyboard lighting, but works as refreshing a webpage or windows screen. I've tried updating drivers, restarting multiple times, nothing seems to work. can anyone suggest a solution to this problem please....
  5. Disable FN keys so they work as normal F1-F12 keys

Disable FN keys so they work as normal F1-F12 keys: Hello. I have the new Microsoft Bluetooth Desktop Keyboard and Mouse. I play games and need my F1-F12 keys. Currently I have to press FN then the F1-12 keys to get what I want. This can be a headache as playing a game is time sensetive. I trtied pressing FN key does not...
  6. F1 key to F12 key is not working

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    F1 key to F12 key is not working: Good evening! May I know why is my F1 key to F12 key is not working? Thank you ! https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/f1-key-to-f12-key-is-not-working/e5e086aa-c535-4f10-8cd6-d5fcb21afe50
  7. setting up of the keyboard to use fn f1-f12

in Windows 10 Customization
    setting up of the keyboard to use fn f1-f12: i can't a way to set up the keyboard to fn f1-f12 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/setting-up-of-the-keyboard-to-use-fn-f1-f12/c42364b6-0f28-45a8-bf9b-3b459cd58416
  8. F1-F12 funtion keys are not working.

F1-F12 funtion keys are not working.: Dell Inspirion LT, WIN 10 Home 64bit Ver 1909. Anyone had this issue? HELP please? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/f1-f12-funtion-keys-are-not-working/544ce7be-fcdd-4a59-b24f-f8da6e06ca2b
  9. Fn Key not working properly

Fn Key not working properly: I'd be doing my usual gaming, like Minecraft, and I want to show the FPS thing that also shows the coordinates. However, after a long time of my special function keys (brightness, volume, help) on the F1 - 12 keys not working, the begin working again and the FN key doesn't...
  10. Fn key and F1-F12 keys

Fn key and F1-F12 keys: 1. Previous versions of Win 10 and Office 365 allowed me to make keyboard shortcuts eg F2 = â, F2+Shift = ä, F2+Ctrl = é ... and F3 = ê, F2=Shift = ë etc. Currently the F1 - F12 keys are useless except for the functions showed by symbols (Sleep, Airplane mode on/off, etc)...