Windows 10: Fn + F5 Refresh not working

Discus and support Fn + F5 Refresh not working in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Fn + f5 refresh is not working instead i have to Win + f5 for refreshing. please help!!!! Also i have to click Fn + f11 / f12 for... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by YASH SUMARIYA, Jan 22, 2021.

1. Fn + F5 Refresh not working

Fn + f5 refresh is not working instead i have to Win + f5 for refreshing. please help!!!!

Also i have to click Fn + f11 / f12 for increseing/decreasing brightness.

previously i used to Fn + f5 for refresh i never needed to win + any function keys.

:)

YASH SUMARIYA, Jan 22, 2021

2. F5 key behaving as FN + F5

All of my laptop—a Samsung Expert running Windows 10—f[number] keys are behaving now as if I press Fn+f[number] shortcut.

For example, Fn+f5 normally disables touchpad. Then, when I press f5 key to refresh a page, my touchpad is disabled.

This started happening with a few days ago. How to revert this behavior to the normal (f1 working as f1, f2 working as f2 etc…)?

Alexandre Thebaldi, Jan 22, 2021
  3. New laptop FN keys not working [Solved]

Ummm, that is normal - depending on the function you are doing (assuming I understand what you are saying).

On a notebook, the Fn key is like a shift key that switches in a different set of functions for the F-Keys.

For example, in Windows pressing the F5 key typically refreshes the display. In File Explorer, it will refresh the displayed files. In a browser, it will refresh (reload) the webpage. But pressing Fn + F5 does something different, depending on your notebook. On my Toshiba notebook, if I hold down the Fn key and press F5, it switches the video output of my notebook between the notebook monitor, a connected external monitor, or both.

Bill_Bright, Jan 22, 2021
  4. Fn + F5 Refresh not working

Shortcut Key FN+F5 Not working

Shortcut Key FN+F5 Not working

RITESH KUMARPATHAK, Jan 22, 2021
Thema:

Fn + F5 Refresh not working

1. Fn + F5 Refresh not working - Similar Threads - Refresh working

2. file explorer not refreshing, notepad print not working, windows not shutting down, apple...

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    file explorer not refreshing, notepad print not working, windows not shutting down, apple...: Hi, This is a really dramatic and surprising result so I wanted to tell people about it. A few months back I started to have a lot of problems with my Windows 10 Pro machine and they all happened at the same time. File explorer wouldn't refresh automatically...
  3. Mouse Stops working randomly, Only Device Manager refreshing fixes it.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Mouse Stops working randomly, Only Device Manager refreshing fixes it.: Good day I have a problem with my laptop and the mouse. The mouse stops working randomly during the day. The pointer stays and I have to use the touchpad to fix it. The only way to fix it is to go into Device manager and to Select the Discover new Devices button. I used a...
  4. Windows 10 Refresh ProblemLooks like old system and new system works at the same time

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 Refresh ProblemLooks like old system and new system works at the same time: I refresh my laptop for perhaps 5th time. The last time was a month ago and since then, my laptop became gravely slow and keeps on freezing. I don't have much on my laptop. I used to play an online fps game on it and downloaded streaming apps before but all of them I have...
  5. Audio suddenly not working. Even after refreshing PC

Audio suddenly not working. Even after refreshing PC: Today I woke up to find that my computer's audio isn't working at all. It's not the speakers (tested them on another computer). I have tried all the basic trouble shooting (updated drivers, restarted audio service, changed audio properties, sfc in cmd). I have even refreshed...
  6. Device manager refreshing and Bluetooth not working

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Device manager refreshing and Bluetooth not working: I have tried everything I could find and no luck. Even a fresh install of windows. All hardware is brand new. Mobo- MSI X570 MPG Gaming edge WiFi submitted by /u/7imi [link] [comments]...
  7. Microphone not Working after Windows 10 Refresh

Microphone not Working after Windows 10 Refresh: All, I did a Windows 10 refresh, my computer is not picking up any input devices when you go into settings. All of my settings are turned on. What could be the problem? what do I do to fix this?...
  8. how do i turn off the setting which continually "refreshes" my screen when i'm working in...

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    how do i turn off the setting which continually "refreshes" my screen when i'm working in...: how do i turn off the setting which continually "refreshes" my screen when I'm working in files? It interrupts my work and causes errors. I will be moving a pdf into a file and the screen refreshes which causes it to freeze like a glitch then it deposits the pdf in whatever...
  9. Hello sign in not working after Refresh. "Message shows compatible camera not recognised."

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Hello sign in not working after Refresh. "Message shows compatible camera not recognised.": Hi. My PC is a year old and was suddenly working very slowly so I did a fresh installation of Windows with the Refresh feature. Since then, the hello sign in which has always worked no longer works. I've tried two suggestions from within the community but neither of them...
  10. windows refresh tool not working/ reset and format not working

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    windows refresh tool not working/ reset and format not working: Hi everyone I am unable to format or reset my lenovo laptop as it does not have enough space. I can not even access my 'settings' tab and anything much including the windows icon on my bottom left corner. I downloaded the windows reset tool and it is not working. How can...