Windows 10: Fn+F9 hotkey to enable/disable the touchpad no longer works

Discus and support Fn+F9 hotkey to enable/disable the touchpad no longer works in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I have an ASUS 541U laptop 64-bit OS, x64-based processor- after the latest update of Windows 10 the Fn + F9 hotkey to enable/disable the touchpad no... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by NirmalMairh, Dec 15, 2020.

1. Fn+F9 hotkey to enable/disable the touchpad no longer works

I have an ASUS 541U laptop 64-bit OS, x64-based processor- after the latest update of Windows 10 the Fn + F9 hotkey to enable/disable the touchpad no longer works. It just can't be disabled or enabled. All other Fn-hotkeys work normally. I can Enable or Disable Touchpad through settings only.

:)

NirmalMairh, Dec 15, 2020

2. ASUS Fn + F9 not working

I have a ASUS U46E laptop (64-bit OS, x64-based processor)- after upgrading to Windows 10 Pro the Fn + F9 hotkey to disable the touchpad no longer works. **To be clear, the touchpad itself does work, it just can't be disabled. All other Fn hotkeys work
    normally.

Please advise on to fix this- thanks

DanielTweedall, Dec 15, 2020
  3. ASUS Fn + F9 not working

I'm having the same problem, only Fn + F9 no longer disables the touchpad. The other hotkey functions continue to work as expected. My search results have suggested several "fixes" that do not fix the problem. It appears good old Microsoft has broken
    this feature with Win 10 so that the touchpad and Smart Gesture feature does not operate as it used to, as well as the hotkey combo. I have found no fixes on my searches for info. It traces back to MS and their Win 10 updates. Once again breaking stuff that
    worked fine prior to an "update". :-(

DennisCaldwell, Dec 15, 2020
  4. Fn+F9 hotkey to enable/disable the touchpad no longer works

ASUS Fn + F9 not working

Kiran-

Thanks for your reply. I'd already checked the Device Settings with the touchpad (everything works).

To answer your questions:

1) Have you made any changes to the keyboard settings prior to the issue?
    No

2) Have you updated the keyboard drivers? No

The issue is specifically with the hotkey command Fn + F9 to quickly enable/disable the touchpad as necessary. The other Fn hotkey commands seem to work as usual.

Please advise on solutions for both scenarios- I have seen throughout the internet this is a broader issue, would be happy to post which solution works or continue troubleshooting.

Thanks

DanielTweedall, Dec 15, 2020
Thema:

Fn+F9 hotkey to enable/disable the touchpad no longer works

1. Fn+F9 hotkey to enable/disable the touchpad no longer works - Similar Threads - Fn+F9 hotkey enable

2. My 'a' key only works when combining 'fn + f9'

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My 'a' key only works when combining 'fn + f9': My 'a' key only works when combining 'fn + f9'It works, there's nothing physically wrong with it, its just my pc. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-a-key-only-works-when-combining-fn-f9/01ec7794-d713-4316-98b9-468569e04fa7
  3. My 'a' key only works when combining 'fn + f9'

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My 'a' key only works when combining 'fn + f9': My 'a' key only works when combining 'fn + f9'It works, there's nothing physically wrong with it, its just my pc. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-a-key-only-works-when-combining-fn-f9/01ec7794-d713-4316-98b9-468569e04fa7
  4. My 'a' key only works when combining 'fn + f9'

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. fn+F7 and F9 not working

in Windows 10 Customization
    fn+F7 and F9 not working: I had not used these keys for a long time! Today, when I tried to disable the laptop touchpad, I realized that this key does not work! On the other hand, when I tried to turn off the screen, I realized that even that one key did not work! Of course, the other keys work well...
  6. Some fn hotkeys not working

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Some fn hotkeys not working: So I recently changed the hard drive on my laptop to an ssd, but since I did that some of my fn hotkeys don't work anymore, but some other do. For example the volume/brightness up and down work just fine, but pause/play, next, prev and stop don't work Is there any way to fix...
  7. Touchpad keeps saying disabled even when I tried enabling with Fn + F9.

Touchpad keeps saying disabled even when I tried enabling with Fn + F9.: I have an Asus Vivobook Flip 14 and the touchpad keeps saying disabled even when I tried enabling with Fn + F9. Tried restarting and updating pc but nothing seems to work. Please help!...
  8. Restore Fn+F9 functionality

Restore Fn+F9 functionality: Lately I've been having issues while typing, where the palm of my hand is doing things with the mousepad. It used to be that I coudl hit Fn+F9 and it would disable the mousepad, but that no longer works. How can I get it to work again? I want to be able to toggle the mouspad...
  9. FN+F9 does not disable ASUS touchpad

FN+F9 does not disable ASUS touchpad: Hi, I'm looking for a solution to fix the function combination to disable/enable the touchpad for my ASUS laptop (fn+f9). Here is a list of troubleshooting that I have already conducted myself: Downloaded ASUS Smart Gesture. Browsed to "Program Files (x86) /Asus Smart...
  10. The Fn key (hotkey) not working

The Fn key (hotkey) not working: The type of the notebook: Acer Aspire E5-572G I installed all driver and application which was provided by the notebook's manufacturer, except one, the Launch Manager. I tried install it, but I could not, because always get an error - This operation system is not supported...