Windows 10: Fn Key functions are not all working

Discus and support Fn Key functions are not all working in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; hello i have VAIO E VPCEH3AEA Fn + F1 = lock touchpad =>not working Fn + F2 = mute volume => working Fn + F3 = decrease volume => working Fn + F4... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by syrioust, Aug 5, 2015.

1. syrioust Win User

Fn Key functions are not all working

hello
    i have VAIO E VPCEH3AEA
    Fn + F1 = lock touchpad =>not working
    Fn + F2 = mute volume => working
    Fn + F3 = decrease volume => working
    Fn + F4 = increase volume => working
    Fn + F5 = decrease brightness => not working
    Fn + F6 = increase brightness => not working
    Fn + F7 = idk whats this it says LCD =>not working (maybe it does but idk what is the function )
    i searched for sony shared library but i couldnt find my product

any help is appreciated

:)

syrioust, Aug 5, 2015

2. Toshiba Satellite C670-19F - Windows 10 - Fn key (almost reverse funtioning

Today I upgraded to Windows 10. Everything seems to be working ok except my keyboard's strange behaviour.

When the Fn Key is NOT pressed:

(1) The keys 1,2 are not working at all

(2) The keys 3,4 adjust the volume

(3) Space key not working at all

(4) Function Keys behave normally (F1, F2 etc)

When the Fn Key is pressed:

(1) Keys 1,2,3,4 work as nymbers

(2) Space key works as space

(3) Function keys are doing nothing

I tried uninstalling everything related to toshiba as well as pressing Fn for 10 seconds, Fn+Ctrl, Fn-Scroll lock and any other combination I could think of.

In the BIOS there is no option to disable the function keys.

In the HWSETUP there is no option as well

I would really welcome any suggestions. Thanx for your time.

DionyssiosZ., Aug 5, 2015
  3. How To Disable Fn key for F1-F12?

Just press the Fn key... when the LED on the key is on, function keys work as F1...F12; when it is off, the keys work as media keys...

when holding Fn key while pressing any function key, the key does the opposite to the action it would do without the Fn key pressed

TomášSouček, Aug 5, 2015
  4. Joergi Win User

This might be a driver issue. According to Sony Asia Pacific, Sony does not offer newer keyboard/mouse drivers for your model...

Joergi, Aug 6, 2015
  5. syrioust Win User
    thats bad
    thank you sir

syrioust, Aug 9, 2015
  6. Rudy Mas Win User
    Try to use the drivers/software that worked with Windows 8.x or even 7. My old laptop has only Windows 7 drivers from the manufacturer, and those still work with Windows 10. *Smile

Rudy Mas, Aug 9, 2015
  7. Joergi Win User
    Yes, that is an idea.

Did I mention that I got a scanner from 1997(!) to run under Windows 10? It is working - and that with a 64 bit driver.

Joergi, Aug 9, 2015
  8. Joergi Win User

Also Sony might use the same keyboard modell in newer laptops. Maybe you do find a Windows 10 driver, if you look for drivers of newer laptop modells...

Joergi, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Fn Key functions are not all working - Similar Threads - Key functions are

2. Whenever I press the FN key, the function keys don't work

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Whenever I press the FN key, the function keys don't work: My function keys on my USB keyboard don't work whenever I press "fn". e.g I can press F2 to change a file's name and it works just fine, but if I press fn + F2 to lower the volume, it doesn't work, and it's the same for the rest of the function keys, they work all just fine...
  3. Fn key to brightness not functioning properly

Fn key to brightness not functioning properly: Hello,Briefly: Fn key combination with the brightness adjuster keys in my case, F4 and 5 is malfunctioning. I can see the bar pop up when I use the buttons, but the slider only increases and decreases once, no matter how many times I press the buttons. The brightness remains...
  4. What are these mysterious Fn+[key] functions?

What are these mysterious Fn+[key] functions?: While trying to solve another issue I found these weird key combinations with uncertain functions. BTW, my PC is DELL XPS 13 9310, Windows 10 Pro Build 19044.What are these keys? And is it documented somewhere? Are there more such functions?Key combinationScan codeTested...
  5. Fn + Windows Key + Other functions?

in Windows 10 Customization
    Fn + Windows Key + Other functions?: Hey, I've gotten an update of windows August 2020 today and after reboot, I pressed the windows key but no window bar has open. Luckily I figured out soon after to need to press Fn + Windows key + another function key to uses the default windows function such as open window's...
  6. FN key multimedia functions not working Win 10

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    FN key multimedia functions not working Win 10: I don't understand why my FN key is not registering like i tried everything to fix it: -troubleshoot hardware -press f11 f12 -held FN then banged the keyboard with my head -esc lock -caps lock None of them worked out and i know that the key was working before because i could...
  7. Windows and Fn keys Swapped in functioning

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Windows and Fn keys Swapped in functioning: I have MSI GL63 laptop and my windows version is 2004. today i noticed that my Fn key and Windows keys swapped functioning . Is this windows issue or any other? How can I solve it?...
  8. Function key (Fn) is not working!

in Windows 10 Customization
    Function key (Fn) is not working!: When i press Fn + F1 or any other combination nothing happens. I have troubleshooted, restarted and tried many fixes. Please help! It's a Toshiba laptop. The issue has been occuring for a long time....
  9. Toshiba - Function or FN keys not working? Try this...

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Toshiba - Function or FN keys not working? Try this...: Recently I had to completely start over on my laptop. Full delete, format and reinstall of windows twas the only was to defeat the 'endless reboot loop'. Yes, I tried everything I could find... but after a fortnight of trying, retrying and working through countless errors...
  10. Fn key not working on all Function keys after Update; way to assign?

in Windows 10 Support
    Fn key not working on all Function keys after Update; way to assign?: Following the latest 10 update today my Samsung laptop has lost 'Fn + Function key' control of brightness, screen switching, and wifi on/off. It still has all the volumes and print screen working. The update deleted Samsung Easy Settings, which won't re-install because of the...