Windows 10: FN Key Issues

Discus and support FN Key Issues in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; For the past few days I have been trying to fix a persistent issue I have been having with my Desktop. The best means I can describe this issue it's as... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Malique Tatum, Aug 10, 2018.

1. FN Key Issues

For the past few days I have been trying to fix a persistent issue I have been having with my Desktop. The best means I can describe this issue it's as if the Fn lock was permanently. rendering the escape key and F1-f12 non functional even across other applications. For example I can't access the menus of any of the games I play on my computer, and if one of those game happened to have a command mapped to F1 it would put my computer to sleep instead of that command. and f4 endlessly spawns calculators. I can't seem to find a fix for this issue and it's affecting my work as the days drag on.

Note: Holding FN and pressing escape to disable the FN Lock does nothing to solve this issue and seems to be the only thing anyone suggests.

:)

Malique Tatum, Aug 10, 2018
  2. LinaJohn Win User

Windows 10 FN Key issues.

Very disappointed that my model is not listed. After spending two days searching online for an answer to the Fn key problem, I really don't want to roll back to 8.1. I have plugged in a spare keyboard as a temporary solution. I will do some more research
    as the Fn key is the only issue I have with Windows 10 so far. I called Toshiba today and their only suggestion was to call Microsoft and gave me their phone #....there is a 1.5 hour wait...

LinaJohn, Aug 10, 2018
  3. FN key always on

To clarify, I was saying "Accessibility" features maybe be controlled via the BIOS, not the Fn keys. And one of the Accessibility features makes the keys "sticky". This allows folks with some disabilities to press, for example, the Ctrl key, then the Alt key, and then Del in sequence instead of all at once. Same with the Fn key. The sticky feature would let you first press the Fn key, and then the F9 key (for example) and not Fn + F9 at the same time to enable/disable whatever Fn + F9 does with that notebook (it is the touchpad on my Toshiba).

Bill_Bright, Aug 10, 2018
  4. FN Key Issues

FN key always on

Are you sure it is not a mechanical issue with the key's switch?

Check also the notebook's "Accessibility" features. These make the Fn key a "sticky" key so folks with disabilities don't have to press the Fn key and another key simultaneously. This may be in the BIOS but it may also be in notebook's own software that loads at boot. And the OS itself will have some "accessibility" functions. On my Toshiba, the default is for the "Sticky Fn" key to automatically unstick after a couple seconds but there is an option in the menu to disable the automatic unstick feature - meaning it stays "pressed" indefinitely.

Last, if this notebook's OS has been updated, you might check the notebook's webpage for driver updates.

Bill_Bright, Aug 10, 2018
Thema:

FN Key Issues

1. FN Key Issues - Similar Threads - Key Issues

2. Shift Key Issue

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Shift Key Issue: Hello, I am facing a problem with my keyboard particularly in Ms Word. My keyboard is producing the wrong symbols whenever I use the shift key. For example when I use Shift + 8 it’s producing * And when I use Shift + 7 it’s producing &. How do I fix this...
  3. Shift Key Issue

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Shift Key Issue: Hello, I am facing a problem with my keyboard particularly in Ms Word. My keyboard is producing the wrong symbols whenever I use the shift key. For example when I use Shift + 8 it’s producing * And when I use Shift + 7 it’s producing &. How do I fix this...
  4. Reverting to Original Windows Key on Laptop: Expired Windows Pro Key Issue

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Reverting to Original Windows Key on Laptop: Expired Windows Pro Key Issue: I have a laptop with built-in Windows. Initially, I applied a different Windows Pro key, but it's now expiring. How can I revert to using the original Windows key that came with the laptop?...
  5. Reverting to Original Windows Key on Laptop: Expired Windows Pro Key Issue

Reverting to Original Windows Key on Laptop: Expired Windows Pro Key Issue: I have a laptop with built-in Windows. Initially, I applied a different Windows Pro key, but it's now expiring. How can I revert to using the original Windows key that came with the laptop?...
  6. Windows hello Security key configuration issue

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows hello Security key configuration issue: Hello I am facing an issue while configuring the security key with Windows Hello on multiple machines. When we go to Windows hello-- Account sign in option-->Security Key--> manage. It keeps spinning. Also, I observed while trying to set PINWindows Hello after entering pin it...
  7. Windows hello Security key configuration issue

Windows hello Security key configuration issue: Hello I am facing an issue while configuring the security key with Windows Hello on multiple machines. When we go to Windows hello-- Account sign in option-->Security Key--> manage. It keeps spinning. Also, I observed while trying to set PINWindows Hello after entering pin it...
  8. key board issue

in Windows 10 Gaming
    key board issue: see what happen is that when i noticed today i was playing mineraft bedwars and i use hotkeys and when i pressed w and 2 at the same time a beep sound came and while pressing both my w and 2 didnt work . Then i tried other combination such as y and o and the same problem...
  9. key board issue

key board issue: see what happen is that when i noticed today i was playing mineraft bedwars and i use hotkeys and when i pressed w and 2 at the same time a beep sound came and while pressing both my w and 2 didnt work . Then i tried other combination such as y and o and the same problem...
  10. key board issue

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware

Users found this page by searching for:

1. shortcut key for spell check in hp paviilion laptop