Windows 10: FN key multimedia functions not working Win 10

Discus and support FN key multimedia functions not working Win 10 in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; I don't understand why my FN key is not registering like i tried everything to fix it: -troubleshoot hardware -press f11 f12 -held FN then banged the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/dannywx, Apr 14, 2020.

1. FN key multimedia functions not working Win 10

I don't understand why my FN key is not registering like i tried everything to fix it: -troubleshoot hardware -press f11 f12 -held FN then banged the keyboard with my head -esc lock -caps lock

None of them worked out and i know that the key was working before because i could change the music open settings etc.

What could've caused it to not work anymore windows updates? maybe idk the key got fried or something do u guys have any ideas? I'm on PC using a Trust gxt 830 keyboard and no this keyboard does not have a software.

submitted by /u/dannywx
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/dannywx, Apr 14, 2020
  2. Try3 Win User

My fn keys are not working?

Harry,

You seem to have switched your function keys from "multimedia" mode to "function key" mode.

You can normally switch them back using instructions in your computer manual or
    Start menu
    Windows system
    Control panel
    View by - Small icons, just so you can see everything
    Windows mobility centre
    'Function key row' - change it from Function key to Multimedia key [note that computer makers put in this item so they might choose different words here]

Some PC makers also allow you to switch by other means such as using the BIOS or by pressing the Fn key & the Esc key at the same time [in which case I'd expect the Esc key to have a symbol on it indicating Fn lock].

Denis

3. P4-630 Win User
    New laptop FN keys not working [Solved]

Exactly what I was used to do, pressing the FN key with an F key but that didn't work....
    If I press the FN key I get f1 f2 f3 and so on.

It was just the other way around, but I figured it out now.*Smile FN key multimedia functions not working Win 10 :)

P4-630, Apr 14, 2020
  4. Rocks Win User

FN key multimedia functions not working Win 10

Function keys won't work w/o hitting Fn key also

So how do I get to BIOS + what do I do when I get there? The keyboard came with the new computer. Not impressed with any of it + especially Windows 10. The function keys clearly have their use listed on the key, but they won't work w/o the Fn key. That's definitely not right.

Rocks, Apr 14, 2020
Thema:

FN key multimedia functions not working Win 10

1. FN key multimedia functions not working Win 10 - Similar Threads - key multimedia functions

2. Function keys stuck as multimedia keys

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Function keys stuck as multimedia keys: I’m having trouble with my function keys : I was playing valorant and got a bit angry so I half smacked half angrily typed on the keyboard resulting in a gibberish sentence to be thrown up. Now the consequences to my actions resulted in a few issues but i unplugged my...
  3. Function keys stuck as multimedia keys

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Function keys stuck as multimedia keys: I’m having trouble with my function keys : I was playing valorant and got a bit angry so I half smacked half angrily typed on the keyboard resulting in a gibberish sentence to be thrown up. Now the consequences to my actions resulted in a few issues but i unplugged my...
  4. Fn Lock and external keyboard function keys F-keys acting as multimedia keys

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Fn Lock and external keyboard function keys F-keys acting as multimedia keys: Hi there,So I seem to have this problem with my external keyboard.The 'Fn lock' is enabled on my laptop, but still the F-keys on my external keyboard act as if it were off act as multimedia keys. When I turn off 'Fn lock' on my laptop, the F-keys on my external keyboard still...
  5. Fn Lock and external keyboard function keys F-keys acting as multimedia keys

Fn Lock and external keyboard function keys F-keys acting as multimedia keys: Hi there,So I seem to have this problem with my external keyboard.The 'Fn lock' is enabled on my laptop, but still the F-keys on my external keyboard act as if it were off act as multimedia keys. When I turn off 'Fn lock' on my laptop, the F-keys on my external keyboard still...
  6. Fn Lock and external keyboard function keys F-keys acting as multimedia keys

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  7. Function key (Fn) is not working!

in Windows 10 Customization
    Function key (Fn) is not working!: When i press Fn + F1 or any other combination nothing happens. I have troubleshooted, restarted and tried many fixes. Please help! It's a Toshiba laptop. The issue has been occuring for a long time....
  8. Microsoft Surface Go Function and Multimedia Keys

in Windows 10 Customization
    Microsoft Surface Go Function and Multimedia Keys: Is there a way to enable the use of the F1 - F12 keys be default without having to press the Fn Key to swap from the multimedia keys, is changing a setting in Regedit?...
  9. Toshiba - Function or FN keys not working? Try this...

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Toshiba - Function or FN keys not working? Try this...: Recently I had to completely start over on my laptop. Full delete, format and reinstall of windows twas the only was to defeat the 'endless reboot loop'. Yes, I tried everything I could find... but after a fortnight of trying, retrying and working through countless errors...
  10. Fn Key functions are not all working

Fn Key functions are not all working: hello i have VAIO E VPCEH3AEA Fn + F1 = lock touchpad =>not working Fn + F2 = mute volume => working Fn + F3 = decrease volume => working Fn + F4 = increase volume => working Fn + F5 = decrease brightness => not working Fn + F6 = increase brightness => not working Fn...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. fn keys not working