Windows 10: Fn key not working on Microsoft Ergonimic 4000 keyboard

Discus and support Fn key not working on Microsoft Ergonimic 4000 keyboard in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hi, I just got the keyborad Microsoft Ergonomic 4000 at work. After installing the last microsoft keyboard and mouse software, and play a little bit... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Davide ZZZ, Nov 13, 2019.

1. Fn key not working on Microsoft Ergonimic 4000 keyboard

Hi, I just got the keyborad Microsoft Ergonomic 4000 at work.

After installing the last microsoft keyboard and mouse software, and play a little bit with it i got this problem:

- all work correctly but the FN key doesn´t. When I use it to get the F1-F12 functions, it simply open a windows, the same if i press I would press the right button of the mouse. this is quite frustrating as need to use F-keys quite often for jobs.

Have you ever heard of this problems? there is a way to reset the keyboard to original setting? maybe when downloaded the software something happened.

Thanks

***Original title: keyborad Microsoft Ergonomic 4000 issue with FN button***

:)

Davide ZZZ, Nov 13, 2019
  2. P4-630 Win User

New laptop FN keys not working [Solved]

Exactly what I was used to do, pressing the FN key with an F key but that didn't work....
    If I press the FN key I get f1 f2 f3 and so on.

It was just the other way around, but I figured it out now.*Smile Fn key not working on Microsoft Ergonimic 4000 keyboard :)

P4-630, Nov 13, 2019
  3. Microsoft Natural "wired" Keyboard 4000 is causing Safe Mode!

Hi Raz,

There may be some factors that cause your computer to go into safe mode if your Microsoft Natural Keyboard 4000 is connected. It could be a driver-related issue, or possible a software conflict. To help us diagnose and address the issue, we would like to ask
    a few information:

• Were there any recent changes made on your computer?
    • Have you performed any updates or installed any apps or programs prior to the issue?
    While waiting for your response, we suggest that you try rolling back the driver for the keyboard. Follow these steps:

• Right-click the Windows key and click Device Manager.
    • Expand the Keyboard category.
    • Right-click on Microsoft Natural Keyboard 4000 and click
      Properties
    • Go to the Driver tab and click Roll Back Driver.
    • Follow the on-screen instructions.

Please observe your computer's behavior after rolling back the driver. Do let us know how it goes so we can further assist you.

Regards.

Vanessa Yar, Nov 13, 2019
  4. Fn key not working on Microsoft Ergonimic 4000 keyboard

Microsoft Ergonomic 4000 Wired Keyboard not working properly - HELP!

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community. We understand the inconvenience caused and will assist you.

Please share the information:

• From when are you facing this issue?
    • Did you make any changes prior to this issue?

I suggest you to run the Hardware and Devices troubleshooter by following the steps provided below and check if it helps.

• Type troubleshooting in the search box and press Enter.
    • Click on View All in the left navigation pane.
    • Click on Hardware and Devices and follow the on-screen prompts for troubleshooting.

If the issue still persists, then download the drivers for the keyboard from the link provided below and install the same and check.

Natural Ergonomic Keyboard 4000 | Device downloads | Microsoft Accessories

Please get back to us with the requested information and we'll be glad to assist you.

Eeshwar Kumar, Nov 13, 2019
Thema:

Fn key not working on Microsoft Ergonimic 4000 keyboard

1. Fn key not working on Microsoft Ergonimic 4000 keyboard - Similar Threads - key working Microsoft

2. windoss 11 keyboard fn key not working ?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    windoss 11 keyboard fn key not working ?: windoss 11 keyboard fn key not working ? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windoss-11-keyboard-fn-key-not-working/ab778433-de2c-4713-8a2a-a4fc8b268416
  3. windoss 11 keyboard fn key not working ?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    windoss 11 keyboard fn key not working ?: windoss 11 keyboard fn key not working ? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windoss-11-keyboard-fn-key-not-working/ab778433-de2c-4713-8a2a-a4fc8b268416
  4. Audio keys on Microsoft 4000 keyboard don't work.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Audio keys on Microsoft 4000 keyboard don't work.: All of a sudden, the volume control keys on my Microsoft 4000 keyboard won't work. I just installed the Audacity audio editing program on my computer, and I wonder if something I did with that disabled the keys. Now I can't figure out how to get the keys working again....
  5. Microsoft Sculpt Keyboard FN KEY

Microsoft Sculpt Keyboard FN KEY: Hi. I am trying to find a key combination to be used as fn key instead the horrible fn swtich in Sculpt Keyboard. It is so annoying and super weird this design decision from Microsoft team to have such trade off like a fn switch. The keyboard is absolutely brilliant though...
  6. Ergonomic keyboard 4000 keys are starting to not work

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Ergonomic keyboard 4000 keys are starting to not work: Ergonomic keyboard 4000 has been working fine but the main "Enter" stopped working a couple of days ago and not the "o" and "i" keys do not work. They feel fine but the computer does not seem to get a signal from the keyboard when they are pressed. Blew air around them,...
  7. MY FAVORITE KEYS MICROSOFT KEYBOARD 4000

MY FAVORITE KEYS MICROSOFT KEYBOARD 4000: Even though I have legitimate websites, my 1 and 3 keys don't go to the programmed website and instead a dialogue box comes up blank. I have the latest software. This started just after I discovered SANTIVIRUS which has been thoroughly removed and hasn't come back. I...
  8. keyborad Microsoft Ergonomic 4000 issue with FN button

keyborad Microsoft Ergonomic 4000 issue with FN button: Hi, I just got the keyborad Microsoft Ergonomic 4000 at work. After installing the last microsoft keyboard and mouse software, and play a little bit with it i got this problem: - all work correctly but the FN key doesn´t. When I use it to get the F1-F12 functions, it...
  9. Microsoft Bluetooth keyboard FN key

Microsoft Bluetooth keyboard FN key: Hello, I bought this new keyboard, that MS released recently in October. I like it, but which I was afraid of, happens. Combination Ctrl + FN + Win key + Fkeys do not work. For example Ctrl + Win + F4 should close virtual desktop, but on this keyboard Fkeys are...
  10. CTRL, FN, and On Keyboard volume keyes not working.

in Windows 10 Customization
    CTRL, FN, and On Keyboard volume keyes not working.: My on keyboard volume keys are F1-F3. Generally to activate F1-F3 I need to press Fn, and otherwise, it works as volume. How did these get switched and how do I fix and prevent this in the future. Another thing is, the CTRL button isn't working. I can use it to copy and...