Windows 10: Fn Key not working properly

Discus and support Fn Key not working properly in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I'd be doing my usual gaming, like Minecraft, and I want to show the FPS thing that also shows the coordinates. However, after a long time of my... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Windows&Macos, Oct 12, 2019.

1. Fn Key not working properly

I'd be doing my usual gaming, like Minecraft, and I want to show the FPS thing that also shows the coordinates. However, after a long time of my special function keys (brightness, volume, help) on the F1 - 12 keys not working, the begin working again and the FN key doesn't bypass this. So, when I press FN + F3 while playing, it increases the brightness instead. I have already checked settings and cannot find a way to turn it off. I also do not have any drivers for the keyboard.

:)

Windows&Macos, Oct 12, 2019
  2. P4-630 Win User

New laptop FN keys not working [Solved]

Exactly what I was used to do, pressing the FN key with an F key but that didn't work....
    If I press the FN key I get f1 f2 f3 and so on.

It was just the other way around, but I figured it out now.*Smile Fn Key not working properly :)

P4-630, Oct 12, 2019
  3. P4-630 Win User
    New laptop FN keys not working [Solved]

The FN key seems to be a toggle , I don't need to press it every time I want to adjust the volume or brightness.
    With all my previous laptops I needed to press the FN key WITH the f key I needed to use, so it works slightly different on this laptop than what I'm used to.

P4-630, Oct 12, 2019
  4. Fn Key not working properly

FN key always on

To clarify, I was saying "Accessibility" features maybe be controlled via the BIOS, not the Fn keys. And one of the Accessibility features makes the keys "sticky". This allows folks with some disabilities to press, for example, the Ctrl key, then the Alt key, and then Del in sequence instead of all at once. Same with the Fn key. The sticky feature would let you first press the Fn key, and then the F9 key (for example) and not Fn + F9 at the same time to enable/disable whatever Fn + F9 does with that notebook (it is the touchpad on my Toshiba).

Bill_Bright, Oct 12, 2019
Thema:

Fn Key not working properly

1. Fn Key not working properly - Similar Threads - Key working properly

2. Fn key to brightness not functioning properly

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Fn key to brightness not functioning properly: Hello,Briefly: Fn key combination with the brightness adjuster keys in my case, F4 and 5 is malfunctioning. I can see the bar pop up when I use the buttons, but the slider only increases and decreases once, no matter how many times I press the buttons. The brightness remains...
  3. Fn key to brightness not functioning properly

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Fn key to brightness not functioning properly: Hello,Briefly: Fn key combination with the brightness adjuster keys in my case, F4 and 5 is malfunctioning. I can see the bar pop up when I use the buttons, but the slider only increases and decreases once, no matter how many times I press the buttons. The brightness remains...
  4. Fn Key not working

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Fn Key not working: When I try Fn key + F3 Or any other key it is not working https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/fn-key-not-working/d6e865b1-781d-4b82-944e-7e418c79ba2a
  5. FN Keys not work properly after clean W10 Install

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    FN Keys not work properly after clean W10 Install: So months ago I bought a Lenovo ideapad 330, now it became ultra slow so I decided to make a clean Windows 10 install... I was about to finish but I couldn't get the fn keys work properly and trackpad gestures to work, Lenovo bridge tool didnt work, I tried to update the...
  6. Fn key not working

Fn key not working: Hi, My Fn key randomly stops working, sometimes it doesn't work on start-up. I have a dell g5 5590. Tried fixes: - Reinstalling HID keyboard drivers. - trying Windows mobility center, the option is absent. - Activating, reactivating through bios. - reinstalling...
  7. FN + f1-f12 keycombination not working properly as media keys

in Windows 10 Customization
    FN + f1-f12 keycombination not working properly as media keys: I've had this problem since i updated to the last version of windows. what i expect the keys to do is when i press the combination FN + f7 the music in spotify plays or pauses but when i have any form of media on chrome open for example a youtube video, i plays/pauses that...
  8. Fn keys not working

Fn keys not working: I recently installed the Win 10 Oct 18 update. I went to project my screen and my fn keys won't work anymore. How can I get the old keyboard drivers back so I have my fn keys...
  9. Fn keys not working

Fn keys not working: Im using sony vaio pc I had upgraded it from win7 to win10 and now my fn keys are not working except those volume functions none of them are working. I NEED HELP VERY BADLY...
  10. FN key not working

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    FN key not working: Hello, I have a Lenovo Thinkpad Edge E531, With Windows 10 Pro,and when i click my wireless connection switch keys,Fn and f8,instead of turning my wireless connection on it makes this menu pop up on the side of my screen with airplane mode,bluetooth etc. it is very...