Windows 10: FN keys do not work anymore, what to do?

Discus and support FN keys do not work anymore, what to do? in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hello, For some time now, the FN keys on my Samsung laptop no longer work! Louder and quieter still works, but screen dimming now only works via the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Pxxxx930kk, Jun 13, 2020.

1. FN keys do not work anymore, what to do?

Hello,

For some time now, the FN keys on my Samsung laptop no longer work! Louder and quieter still works, but screen dimming now only works via the system settings. All the other FN keys like project, Wlan on/off, settings, etc... everything works only via the settings. How can I make my FN buttons work again?

(My laptop had Windows 8 and I upgraded it to Windows 10!)

:)

Pxxxx930kk, Jun 13, 2020
  2. P4-630 Win User

New laptop FN keys not working [Solved]

Exactly what I was used to do, pressing the FN key with an F key but that didn't work....
    If I press the FN key I get f1 f2 f3 and so on.

It was just the other way around, but I figured it out now.*Smile FN keys do not work anymore, what to do? :)

P4-630, Jun 13, 2020
  3. P4-630 Win User
    New laptop FN keys not working [Solved]

The FN key seems to be a toggle , I don't need to press it every time I want to adjust the volume or brightness.
    With all my previous laptops I needed to press the FN key WITH the f key I needed to use, so it works slightly different on this laptop than what I'm used to.

P4-630, Jun 13, 2020
  4. FN keys do not work anymore, what to do?

FN key always on

To clarify, I was saying "Accessibility" features maybe be controlled via the BIOS, not the Fn keys. And one of the Accessibility features makes the keys "sticky". This allows folks with some disabilities to press, for example, the Ctrl key, then the Alt key, and then Del in sequence instead of all at once. Same with the Fn key. The sticky feature would let you first press the Fn key, and then the F9 key (for example) and not Fn + F9 at the same time to enable/disable whatever Fn + F9 does with that notebook (it is the touchpad on my Toshiba).

Bill_Bright, Jun 13, 2020
Thema:

FN keys do not work anymore, what to do?

1. FN keys do not work anymore, what to do? - Similar Threads - keys anymore

2. I cannot find the BitLocker recovery key for my desktop in my Microsoft account anymore.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I cannot find the BitLocker recovery key for my desktop in my Microsoft account anymore.: I replaced the processor in my desktop with a new one and wanted to look up the recovery keys at https://account.microsoft.com/devices/recoverykey. However, I can only find the recovery key for my laptop there, not for my desktop. Even though I had set during the activation...
  3. I cannot find the BitLocker recovery key for my desktop in my Microsoft account anymore.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I cannot find the BitLocker recovery key for my desktop in my Microsoft account anymore.: I replaced the processor in my desktop with a new one and wanted to look up the recovery keys at https://account.microsoft.com/devices/recoverykey. However, I can only find the recovery key for my laptop there, not for my desktop. Even though I had set during the activation...
  4. How do I find my digitally bought Windows product key if I don't have the email anymore?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I find my digitally bought Windows product key if I don't have the email anymore?: My Windows 11 won't activate because I changed motherboards and it thinks I'm on a new system now. I need my product key to reactivate Windows. Trouble is, I bought Windows SIX YEARS ago and I 100% do not still have the email I was sent when I bought Windows. How do I find my...
  5. How do I find my digitally bought Windows product key if I don't have the email anymore?

How do I find my digitally bought Windows product key if I don't have the email anymore?: My Windows 11 won't activate because I changed motherboards and it thinks I'm on a new system now. I need my product key to reactivate Windows. Trouble is, I bought Windows SIX YEARS ago and I 100% do not still have the email I was sent when I bought Windows. How do I find my...
  6. Cannot find the bitlocker key anymore, Please help

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cannot find the bitlocker key anymore, Please help: I recently had an issue with Dell XPS and hence I had to provide bit locker key which was associated with my collage account. Once I entered it logged me in. After that I was worries since I graduated this account will be lost anytime, I changed the windows account . it was...
  7. Cannot find the bitlocker key anymore, Please help

Cannot find the bitlocker key anymore, Please help: I recently had an issue with Dell XPS and hence I had to provide bit locker key which was associated with my collage account. Once I entered it logged me in. After that I was worries since I graduated this account will be lost anytime, I changed the windows account . it was...
  8. I can't tape anymore. My keys are locked. No letters or numbers appear.

I can't tape anymore. My keys are locked. No letters or numbers appear.: I can't tape anymore. My keys are locked. No letters or numbers appear. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-cant-tape-anymore-my-keys-are-locked-no-letters/cc31cccc-b4dd-4d8c-b29a-6bc75ad6cde1
  9. I can't tape anymore. My keys are locked. No letters or numbers appear.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I can't tape anymore. My keys are locked. No letters or numbers appear.: I can't tape anymore. My keys are locked. No letters or numbers appear. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-cant-tape-anymore-my-keys-are-locked-no-letters/cc31cccc-b4dd-4d8c-b29a-6bc75ad6cde1
  10. Windows 10 home key not working anymore.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 home key not working anymore.: I had issues with my PC turning off and powering back on randomly so I decided to disconnect everything and put it it back together to make sure everything was plugged in all the way and reseated my CPU. After doing this I noticed that I had the Windows watermark on my screen...