Windows 10: fn keys for brightness

Discus and support fn keys for brightness in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; hello guys I have problem with the fn key for brightness. it work before I format my pc but now didn't work.(p.s for sound, fn keys works but for... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by MeritonHodolli, Jul 10, 2019.

1. fn keys for brightness

hello guys

I have problem with the fn key for brightness. it work before I format my pc but now didn't work.(p.s for sound, fn keys works but for brightness did not).

which can be the problem if u can help me, I will be thankful.

:)

MeritonHodolli, Jul 10, 2019

2. Brightness and Fn keys

Greetings,

On a previous computer, if I wanted to decrease brightness, I would press the F7 key. If I wanted to search, I would press Fn+F3. On my present computer, I have to use Fn+F7 to decrease brightness, and F3 alone searches. How do I reverse the Fn key requirement
    to not needing it for changing brightness, sound, etc?

zkidmicrosoft, Jul 10, 2019
  3. Function key will not work correctly when setting up brightness.

Hi Ashique,

Sorry for the delay in response.

• What is the make and model of the computer?
    • Do you face the issue with only brightness?

The special keys like Fn key with the options to change brightness or to reduce sound are provided by the laptop manufacturer.

We would suggest you to update or download the software from the computer manufacturer website.

Ravinath P, Jul 10, 2019
  4. fn keys for brightness

FN key always on

To clarify, I was saying "Accessibility" features maybe be controlled via the BIOS, not the Fn keys. And one of the Accessibility features makes the keys "sticky". This allows folks with some disabilities to press, for example, the Ctrl key, then the Alt key, and then Del in sequence instead of all at once. Same with the Fn key. The sticky feature would let you first press the Fn key, and then the F9 key (for example) and not Fn + F9 at the same time to enable/disable whatever Fn + F9 does with that notebook (it is the touchpad on my Toshiba).

Bill_Bright, Jul 10, 2019
Thema:

fn keys for brightness

1. fn keys for brightness - Similar Threads - keys brightness

2. Windows 10 brightness and volume keys on keyboard

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows 10 brightness and volume keys on keyboard: I have Windows 10 on my computer, and I would like to use my keyboard to adjust the brightness and the volume. I am unable to find a way to make them work on my keyboard. Is there anyway to turn it on?...
  3. Brightness Function Keys Not Working

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Brightness Function Keys Not Working: After updating my laptop to the April 2018 update, I lost several functions to my funtion keys, which includes Ambient light, Battery settings, Project settings, Muting microphone, and most importantly the Brightness settings. How do I fix this so I can use my function keys...
  4. Unable to change brightness via fn + brightness keys after windows 10 update

Unable to change brightness via fn + brightness keys after windows 10 update: Same problem with muting and unmuting via fn+(un)mute. Other fn combinations seem to work. It is possible to change the brightness via settings but I really want the hotkeys to work. I have tried updating drivers for keyboards and display adapters but that didn't work. I...
  5. display brightness keys not working

display brightness keys not working: after updating system(window 10), changing brightness fn keys are not working. i have already gone through the following two methods but none seems to be working: 1. updating display adapter(which is the most recent one, according to microsoft) 2. changing monitor...
  6. Microsoft Surface Laptop function keys for brightness and volume won't work - FIXED

Microsoft Surface Laptop function keys for brightness and volume won't work - FIXED: Hi all, New to the forums but wanted to share this fix as it has frustrated me for many many months that there was no a solution available. My functions keys, for brightness and volume would not work, they would just do random functions like restart the video I was...
  7. when try to lower the brightness through functional keys my laptop goes to sleep mode.

when try to lower the brightness through functional keys my laptop goes to sleep mode.: when try to lower or increase the brightness through functional keys my laptop goes to sleep mode mostly when the laptop is plugged in. it has increased overtime and is more frequent now. my laptop is dell 5558 running on windows 10 and yeah everything is updated....
  8. brightness is not chaning in action center aand functions keys are not working after update

brightness is not chaning in action center aand functions keys are not working after update: I cant change my laptop brightness and resolution after the latest update and also cant turn on night light settings https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-start-win_desk/brightness-is-not-chaning-in-action-center-aand/a15d6bcc-32f0-46e2-804d-fba99656a8b6
  9. Brightness Keys Not Working

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Brightness Keys Not Working: My Hp laptop's brightness keys aren't working, when I click them, it will go down by 1 and go up by 1 but it wont go down more than this. It doesn't even go to 100% brightness when I increase the brightness. I have reinstalled all the display drivers but it's not working....
  10. Changing brightness with Fn key costs delay

Changing brightness with Fn key costs delay: When I hold down Fn key and try to change the brightness, it changes step by step, instead of going directly to 0 or 100%. I have the issue since buying my Acer laptop. My previous laptop (Asus) doesn't have this issue. My friends who have Acer also don't have the issue. The...