Windows 10: fn keys for brightness

Discus and support fn keys for brightness in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; hello guys I have problem with the fn key for brightness. it work before I format my pc but now didn't work.(p.s for sound, fn keys works but for... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by MeritonHodolli, Jul 10, 2019.

1. fn keys for brightness

hello guys

I have problem with the fn key for brightness. it work before I format my pc but now didn't work.(p.s for sound, fn keys works but for brightness did not).

which can be the problem if u can help me, I will be thankful.

:)

MeritonHodolli, Jul 10, 2019

2. Brightness and Fn keys

Greetings,

On a previous computer, if I wanted to decrease brightness, I would press the F7 key. If I wanted to search, I would press Fn+F3. On my present computer, I have to use Fn+F7 to decrease brightness, and F3 alone searches. How do I reverse the Fn key requirement
    to not needing it for changing brightness, sound, etc?

zkidmicrosoft, Jul 10, 2019
  3. Function key will not work correctly when setting up brightness.

Hi Ashique,

Sorry for the delay in response.

• What is the make and model of the computer?
    • Do you face the issue with only brightness?

The special keys like Fn key with the options to change brightness or to reduce sound are provided by the laptop manufacturer.

We would suggest you to update or download the software from the computer manufacturer website.

Ravinath P, Jul 10, 2019
  4. fn keys for brightness

FN key always on

To clarify, I was saying "Accessibility" features maybe be controlled via the BIOS, not the Fn keys. And one of the Accessibility features makes the keys "sticky". This allows folks with some disabilities to press, for example, the Ctrl key, then the Alt key, and then Del in sequence instead of all at once. Same with the Fn key. The sticky feature would let you first press the Fn key, and then the F9 key (for example) and not Fn + F9 at the same time to enable/disable whatever Fn + F9 does with that notebook (it is the touchpad on my Toshiba).

Bill_Bright, Jul 10, 2019
Thema:

fn keys for brightness

1. fn keys for brightness - Similar Threads - keys brightness

2. My brightness function key is not working...all the other keys are work even this also but...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My brightness function key is not working...all the other keys are work even this also but...: My brightness function key is not working...all the other keys are working...even that one is also working but when i press it...the brightness bar would go only one point up or down not more than thatbut the brighntess lvl remains same even on one point up or down please...
  3. My brightness function key is not working...all the other keys are work even this also but...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My brightness function key is not working...all the other keys are work even this also but...: My brightness function key is not working...all the other keys are working...even that one is also working but when i press it...the brightness bar would go only one point up or down not more than thatbut the brighntess lvl remains same even on one point up or down please...
  4. Volume and brightness keys disabled; probably following 'Win. 10 re-set.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Volume and brightness keys disabled; probably following 'Win. 10 re-set.: From recollection; both worked with the Fn key; I uninstalled Keyboard and Display "Microsoft Basic" from "Device Manager"; re-started the laptop - and currently only the volume controls work but only with the Fn key. Brightness control is also now disabled from the...
  5. Volume and brightness keys disabled; probably following 'Win. 10 re-set.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Volume and brightness keys disabled; probably following 'Win. 10 re-set.: From recollection; both worked with the Fn key; I uninstalled Keyboard and Display "Microsoft Basic" from "Device Manager"; re-started the laptop - and currently only the volume controls work but only with the Fn key. Brightness control is also now disabled from the...
  6. Volume and brightness keys disabled; probably following 'Win. 10 re-set.

7. how do you enable the volume and brightness F keys

in Windows 10 Gaming
    how do you enable the volume and brightness F keys: i have a victus gaming laptop and i downgraded it to windows 10 because of somthing that i dont like about windows 1 and the f keys have like small settings like volume and brightness but for some reason its not enabled and i dont know how to enable it....
  8. how do you enable the volume and brightness F keys

how do you enable the volume and brightness F keys: i have a victus gaming laptop and i downgraded it to windows 10 because of somthing that i dont like about windows 1 and the f keys have like small settings like volume and brightness but for some reason its not enabled and i dont know how to enable it....
  9. how do you enable the volume and brightness F keys

in Windows 10 Customization
  10. can' t able to controle brightness with fn keys

in Windows 10 Gaming
    can' t able to controle brightness with fn keys: my laptop's brightness key not working , all other key are working properly but fn +brightness key not working https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/can-t-able-to-controle-brightness-with-fn-keys/8a691e64-90c2-4462-95a5-19639ce08dda

Users found this page by searching for:

1. fn key for brightness