Windows 10: Fn keys not working

Discus and support Fn keys not working in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Im using sony vaio pc I had upgraded it from win7 to win10 and now my fn keys are not working except those volume functions none of them are working. I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by saijangili, Sep 30, 2018.

1. Fn keys not working

Im using sony vaio pc I had upgraded it from win7 to win10 and now my fn keys are not working except those volume functions none of them are working. I NEED HELP VERY BADLY

:)

saijangili, Sep 30, 2018
  2. P4-630 Win User

New laptop FN keys not working [Solved]

Exactly what I was used to do, pressing the FN key with an F key but that didn't work....
    If I press the FN key I get f1 f2 f3 and so on.

It was just the other way around, but I figured it out now.*Smile Fn keys not working :)

P4-630, Sep 30, 2018
  3. P4-630 Win User
    New laptop FN keys not working [Solved]

The FN key seems to be a toggle , I don't need to press it every time I want to adjust the volume or brightness.
    With all my previous laptops I needed to press the FN key WITH the f key I needed to use, so it works slightly different on this laptop than what I'm used to.

P4-630, Sep 30, 2018
  4. Fn keys not working

FN key always on

To clarify, I was saying "Accessibility" features maybe be controlled via the BIOS, not the Fn keys. And one of the Accessibility features makes the keys "sticky". This allows folks with some disabilities to press, for example, the Ctrl key, then the Alt key, and then Del in sequence instead of all at once. Same with the Fn key. The sticky feature would let you first press the Fn key, and then the F9 key (for example) and not Fn + F9 at the same time to enable/disable whatever Fn + F9 does with that notebook (it is the touchpad on my Toshiba).

Bill_Bright, Sep 30, 2018
Thema:

Fn keys not working

1. Fn keys not working - Similar Threads - keys working

2. Keyboard: keys d e c and number 3 only work sometimes on my laptop keyboard.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Keyboard: keys d e c and number 3 only work sometimes on my laptop keyboard.: keys d e c and number 3 only work sometimes on my laptop keyboard. * Moved from IE10/other * Original title: keyboard https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/keyboard-keys-d-e-c-and-number-3-only-work/910e05f2-3516-401c-abb4-34a0d361aa90
  3. My C key on my laptop doesn't work ASUS TUF Gaming FX505DD

My C key on my laptop doesn't work ASUS TUF Gaming FX505DD: Hello there. Just last night, my C key on my laptop doesn't work. It just happened so suddenly when it was working perfectly fine before. I am right now using the On-Screen Keyboard I tried using a few tutorials online that involves taking the key off my keyboard etc. but...
  4. The letters on my key board do not work but the numbers do. How can I fix this?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    The letters on my key board do not work but the numbers do. How can I fix this?: After an upgrade, and having to reset my computer now i can not login to my computer because the letters on my keyboard does not work. The numbers will eork but no letters are working....
  5. keyboard f keys not working in windows 10

in Windows 10 Customization
    keyboard f keys not working in windows 10: Hello, the f keys are not doing what they are supposed to on my Lenovo Ideapad 330s. If I push one of them they either do not work at all or send me to a page that I do not won't. All of my soft wear is up to date and I do not have any other problems that I am aware of....
  6. Windows Activation Troubles: Troubleshoot and Change Product Key not working

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Windows Activation Troubles: Troubleshoot and Change Product Key not working: I purchased an Acer Aspire E 14 E5-473-555Y a couple years ago with windows 10. However, it's been saying that windows is not activated for a while now. At first the activation error code displayed was 0xC004F074 but it recently changed to 0x8007007B. Troubleshooting says...
  7. random keys stop working on keyboard windows 10

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    random keys stop working on keyboard windows 10: Im playing a game and randomly my keys will stop working, specifically M, 0, Enter, and all the F keys. But i test it on some other applications and it doesnt work there either. So i unplugged my keyboard and plug it back in some time later and now the keys work.... for a...
  8. Numpad #2 key not working

Numpad #2 key not working: Ok so there's probably a million and one reasons as to why my numpad number 2 key does not work, lemme rephrase, the key actually works because I input a 4 digit pin when I sign in BUT it does NOT work while I'm just idly browsing. Its so weird. It also works as a arrow down...
  9. I have a windows 10 activation key but it doesn’t work even though it’s brand new

I have a windows 10 activation key but it doesn’t work even though it’s brand new: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/HopGames [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/kvxufd/i_have_a_windows_10_activation_key_but_it_doesnt/
  10. Caps lock key input not working & making a weird noise.

Caps lock key input not working & making a weird noise.: caps lock is not working, does not switch the light in my keyboard and does not activate upper characters. Instead it is making a weird noise like a "beebop" and it is not the sound from the "toggle keys" options. Here is a list of things I tried: - unplugin/plugin the...