Windows 10: Fn keys not working

Discus and support Fn keys not working in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I recently installed the Win 10 Oct 18 update. I went to project my screen and my fn keys won't work anymore. How can I get the old keyboard drivers... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by KenOliver2, Feb 14, 2019.

1. Fn keys not working

I recently installed the Win 10 Oct 18 update. I went to project my screen and my fn keys won't work anymore. How can I get the old keyboard drivers back so I have my fn keys

:)

KenOliver2, Feb 14, 2019
  2. P4-630 Win User

New laptop FN keys not working [Solved]

Exactly what I was used to do, pressing the FN key with an F key but that didn't work....
    If I press the FN key I get f1 f2 f3 and so on.

It was just the other way around, but I figured it out now.*Smile Fn keys not working :)

P4-630, Feb 14, 2019
  3. P4-630 Win User
    New laptop FN keys not working [Solved]

The FN key seems to be a toggle , I don't need to press it every time I want to adjust the volume or brightness.
    With all my previous laptops I needed to press the FN key WITH the f key I needed to use, so it works slightly different on this laptop than what I'm used to.

P4-630, Feb 14, 2019
  4. Fn keys not working

FN key always on

To clarify, I was saying "Accessibility" features maybe be controlled via the BIOS, not the Fn keys. And one of the Accessibility features makes the keys "sticky". This allows folks with some disabilities to press, for example, the Ctrl key, then the Alt key, and then Del in sequence instead of all at once. Same with the Fn key. The sticky feature would let you first press the Fn key, and then the F9 key (for example) and not Fn + F9 at the same time to enable/disable whatever Fn + F9 does with that notebook (it is the touchpad on my Toshiba).

Bill_Bright, Feb 14, 2019
Thema:

Fn keys not working

1. Fn keys not working - Similar Threads - keys working

2. Changed my CPU and the Bitlocker recovery key is not working...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Changed my CPU and the Bitlocker recovery key is not working...: i just changed my CPU and my bitlocker recovery key is not working. Impossible to get someone from MS support... what could be next? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/changed-my-cpu-and-the-bitlocker-recovery-key-is/a8bec5af-7f77-453b-852f-dceac34ecc30
  3. Changed my CPU and the Bitlocker recovery key is not working...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Changed my CPU and the Bitlocker recovery key is not working...: i just changed my CPU and my bitlocker recovery key is not working. Impossible to get someone from MS support... what could be next? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/changed-my-cpu-and-the-bitlocker-recovery-key-is/a8bec5af-7f77-453b-852f-dceac34ecc30
  4. Windows key not working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows key not working: Hello, my Problem is that my Windows key simply stopped working, I can do Win+c as well as Win+v and other key combinations but if I press the win key alone, this side gets out where you can select a game or any other file this doesn't happen anymore if anyone of you knows...
  5. Windows key not working

Windows key not working: Hello, my Problem is that my Windows key simply stopped working, I can do Win+c as well as Win+v and other key combinations but if I press the win key alone, this side gets out where you can select a game or any other file this doesn't happen anymore if anyone of you knows...
  6. Designer Keyboard 7678 certain keys are not working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Designer Keyboard 7678 certain keys are not working: I have a couple of weird things going on with this keyboard. 1 It won't connect to my personal laptop, a Lenovo. It provides a code to pair with, but after entering it says the code is wrong. I've tried this multiple times.2 It will pair with my work laptop, but a selection...
  7. Designer Keyboard 7678 certain keys are not working

Designer Keyboard 7678 certain keys are not working: I have a couple of weird things going on with this keyboard. 1 It won't connect to my personal laptop, a Lenovo. It provides a code to pair with, but after entering it says the code is wrong. I've tried this multiple times.2 It will pair with my work laptop, but a selection...
  8. Designer Keyboard 7678 certain keys are not working

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  9. Windows Key + Left/Right Arrow not moving windows, Up and down arrow working fine

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Key + Left/Right Arrow not moving windows, Up and down arrow working fine: Hi,Recently I noticed in Windows 11 that the Windows Key Left/Right Arrow keys are not moving the active window left or right like they used to. Windows Key Up/Down Arrows work as they should.== Doesn't work ==Windows Key Left - move active window left, to left most...
  10. Windows Key + Left/Right Arrow not moving windows, Up and down arrow working fine

Windows Key + Left/Right Arrow not moving windows, Up and down arrow working fine: Hi,Recently I noticed in Windows 11 that the Windows Key Left/Right Arrow keys are not moving the active window left or right like they used to. Windows Key Up/Down Arrows work as they should.== Doesn't work ==Windows Key Left - move active window left, to left most...