Windows 10: FN keys

Discus and support FN keys in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; CAN ANYONE SUPPLY ME WITH A LIST OF THE FN KEYS IE. F1,-F12 ALONG WITH WHAT THEY DO OR HOW THEY FUNCTION. IM LOOKING FOR THE KEY THAT WHEN U TURN ON... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by leslielplumb, Mar 8, 2019.

1. FN keys

CAN ANYONE SUPPLY ME WITH A LIST OF THE FN KEYS IE. F1,-F12 ALONG WITH WHAT THEY DO OR HOW THEY FUNCTION. IM LOOKING FOR THE KEY THAT WHEN U TURN ON THE COMPUTER YOU ARE GIVEN THE START UP OPTIONS LIKE FROM A USB

AND DOES ANYBODY KNOW HOW THE ERASE THE ADMINISTRATIVE PASSWORD ON A DELL W/WINDOWS 10. BOUGHT A COMPUTER USED AND ITS LOCKED CANT DO ANYTHING IN THE BIOS SYSTEM.

:)

leslielplumb, Mar 8, 2019

2. FN key always on

To clarify, I was saying "Accessibility" features maybe be controlled via the BIOS, not the Fn keys. And one of the Accessibility features makes the keys "sticky". This allows folks with some disabilities to press, for example, the Ctrl key, then the Alt key, and then Del in sequence instead of all at once. Same with the Fn key. The sticky feature would let you first press the Fn key, and then the F9 key (for example) and not Fn + F9 at the same time to enable/disable whatever Fn + F9 does with that notebook (it is the touchpad on my Toshiba).

Bill_Bright, Mar 8, 2019
  3. Drone Win User
    FN key always on

Fn key got absolutely nothing to do with BIOS.

It just requires some bizarre combination. One of this should do the trick:

fn + scrl
    fn+ num
    fn + F11
    fn + F8

Drone, Mar 8, 2019
  4. 5DVX0130 Win User

FN keys

FN key always on

If you press “Num Lock" (might also be labeled "Num Lk”) (I’ve also seen it labeled “Pad Lock” for numeric Pad) it turns on the blue keys, and inverts the meaning of the “Fn” key – it’s a way to use that embedded numeric keypad without having to hold down the “Fn” key the entire time. To fix it, just find and press the “Num Lock” or “Pad Lock” key again. (Note, sometimes these keys are themselves “Fn” keys, so you may, or may not, need to also hold down the “Fn” key to get the right function.) Often there is an indicator light associated with the setting.

5DVX0130, Mar 8, 2019
Thema:

FN keys

1. FN keys - Similar Threads - keys

2. WINDOWS 11 ENTERPRISE PRODUCT KEY LIFETIME VALIDITY

in Windows 10 Gaming
    WINDOWS 11 ENTERPRISE PRODUCT KEY LIFETIME VALIDITY: WINDOWS 11 ENTERPRISE PRODUCT KEY LIFETIME VALIDITY https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-11-enterprise-product-key-lifetime/51ff64f0-474c-4e38-9fde-2cacd241c141
  3. WINDOWS 11 ENTERPRISE PRODUCT KEY LIFETIME VALIDITY

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    WINDOWS 11 ENTERPRISE PRODUCT KEY LIFETIME VALIDITY: WINDOWS 11 ENTERPRISE PRODUCT KEY LIFETIME VALIDITY https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-11-enterprise-product-key-lifetime/51ff64f0-474c-4e38-9fde-2cacd241c141
  4. Shift Key Issue

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Shift Key Issue: Hello, I am facing a problem with my keyboard particularly in Ms Word. My keyboard is producing the wrong symbols whenever I use the shift key. For example when I use Shift + 8 it’s producing * And when I use Shift + 7 it’s producing &. How do I fix this...
  5. Shift Key Issue

Shift Key Issue: Hello, I am facing a problem with my keyboard particularly in Ms Word. My keyboard is producing the wrong symbols whenever I use the shift key. For example when I use Shift + 8 it’s producing * And when I use Shift + 7 it’s producing &. How do I fix this...
  6. Caps lock/num lock key visual notification not turning off

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Caps lock/num lock key visual notification not turning off: This started when i was typing someting so maybe it's a key combination. I've tried pretty much everything to turn it off except go into the registry because i'm not comfortable with messing with that, I'm on a windows 11 desktop with an HP motherboard, a rtx 3060 and a intel...
  7. Caps lock/num lock key visual notification not turning off

Caps lock/num lock key visual notification not turning off: This started when i was typing someting so maybe it's a key combination. I've tried pretty much everything to turn it off except go into the registry because i'm not comfortable with messing with that, I'm on a windows 11 desktop with an HP motherboard, a rtx 3060 and a intel...
  8. Transferring Product Key

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Transferring Product Key: Hi there,I got a Microsoft product key in 2019 when I got new laptop starting university. I have now finished university and I have just gotten a new laptop and wish to tranfer this product key across. However, I cannot login to see the product key as I initially used my...
  9. Transferring Product Key

Transferring Product Key: Hi there,I got a Microsoft product key in 2019 when I got new laptop starting university. I have now finished university and I have just gotten a new laptop and wish to tranfer this product key across. However, I cannot login to see the product key as I initially used my...
  10. Windows 10 pro activation key does not work.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 pro activation key does not work.: When i put the code in, it says that the key doesn’t work and at the end it says 0xc0000022.What should i do? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-10-pro-activation-key-does-not-work/d474ee44-666d-4a71-80c6-6ec2e490e2b2