Windows 10: FN lock ONLY 1 FN key

Discus and support FN lock ONLY 1 FN key in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; My F1-F12 keys also serve as system shortcuts (e.g. volume up/down) but I also use F4 a lot with Excel. I'd like to default to the system controls but... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Chandler Shipley, Mar 7, 2019.

1. FN lock ONLY 1 FN key

My F1-F12 keys also serve as system shortcuts (e.g. volume up/down) but I also use F4 a lot with Excel. I'd like to default to the system controls but not have to hit FN + F4 to use that functionality.

Is there any way FN lock F4 only? Maybe the registry or some kind of macro?

Note: The system control associated with F4 is one I will never use.

Thanks for the help.

Chandler Shipley, Mar 7, 2019
  2. 5DVX0130 Win User

FN key always on

If you press “Num Lock" (might also be labeled "Num Lk”) (I’ve also seen it labeled “Pad Lock” for numeric Pad) it turns on the blue keys, and inverts the meaning of the “Fn” key – it’s a way to use that embedded numeric keypad without having to hold down the “Fn” key the entire time. To fix it, just find and press the “Num Lock” or “Pad Lock” key again. (Note, sometimes these keys are themselves “Fn” keys, so you may, or may not, need to also hold down the “Fn” key to get the right function.) Often there is an indicator light associated with the setting.

5DVX0130, Mar 7, 2019
  3. Drone Win User
    FN key always on

Fn key got absolutely nothing to do with BIOS.

It just requires some bizarre combination. One of this should do the trick:

fn + scrl
    fn+ num
    fn + F11
    fn + F8

Drone, Mar 7, 2019
  4. FN lock ONLY 1 FN key

FN key always on

To clarify, I was saying "Accessibility" features maybe be controlled via the BIOS, not the Fn keys. And one of the Accessibility features makes the keys "sticky". This allows folks with some disabilities to press, for example, the Ctrl key, then the Alt key, and then Del in sequence instead of all at once. Same with the Fn key. The sticky feature would let you first press the Fn key, and then the F9 key (for example) and not Fn + F9 at the same time to enable/disable whatever Fn + F9 does with that notebook (it is the touchpad on my Toshiba).

Bill_Bright, Mar 7, 2019
Thema:

FN lock ONLY 1 FN key

1. FN lock ONLY 1 FN key - Similar Threads - lock key

2. My hdd being locked by bitlocker and I didn't have my recovery key

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My hdd being locked by bitlocker and I didn't have my recovery key: My hdd being locked by bitlocker and I didn't have my recovery key anywhere either it being register to another email that install my windows or another email that I can't access it anymore...
  3. My hdd being locked by bitlocker and I didn't have my recovery key

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My hdd being locked by bitlocker and I didn't have my recovery key: My hdd being locked by bitlocker and I didn't have my recovery key anywhere either it being register to another email that install my windows or another email that I can't access it anymore...
  4. My hdd being locked by bitlocker and I didn't have my recovery key

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
  5. My computer has been randomly locked out by the BitLocker Key. I never enabled BitLocker...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My computer has been randomly locked out by the BitLocker Key. I never enabled BitLocker...: Hello,My computer was locked out by BitLocker but it was never enabled and never had an issue for years. I would like to have my computer unlocked. Would someone please assist. Thank you....
  6. My computer has been randomly locked out by the BitLocker Key. I never enabled BitLocker...

My computer has been randomly locked out by the BitLocker Key. I never enabled BitLocker...: Hello,My computer was locked out by BitLocker but it was never enabled and never had an issue for years. I would like to have my computer unlocked. Would someone please assist. Thank you....
  7. My computer has been randomly locked out by the BitLocker Key. I never enabled BitLocker...

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
  8. laptop locked. manage recover key page not working

laptop locked. manage recover key page not working: The recovery key page showing this error "Something happened. Wait a bit, then try again. If this issue persists,". I already subscribed for home basic account...
  9. laptop locked. manage recover key page not working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    laptop locked. manage recover key page not working: The recovery key page showing this error "Something happened. Wait a bit, then try again. If this issue persists," https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/laptop-locked-manage-recover-key-page-not-working/7f6d41b6-ce04-441e-8154-f0244c00140a
  10. I hear the "System Notification" sound whenever I press Caps Lock, but Toggle Keys is OFF

I hear the "System Notification" sound whenever I press Caps Lock, but Toggle Keys is OFF: I'm looking for help regarding this irritating issue with my Windows laptop.I have a Lenovo Thinkbook 13s G2 ITL with Windows 11 installed.Just today I got a new Logitech K580 keyboard brand new, but I have been having this issue before this with my Logitech K400.Whenever I...