Windows 10: Fn Locked Brightness and Keyboard Lightening Buttons Not Working

Discus and support Fn Locked Brightness and Keyboard Lightening Buttons Not Working in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I recently got a Windows 10 update for my Notebook 9 Spin, and now the settings, brightness, and keyboard light buttons don't work. I've tested the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Anaxibia, Jan 22, 2020.

1. Anaxibia Win User

Fn Locked Brightness and Keyboard Lightening Buttons Not Working

I recently got a Windows 10 update for my Notebook 9 Spin, and now the settings, brightness, and keyboard light buttons don't work. I've tested the keyboard itself and the F1, F2, F3, F9 buttons work fine on their own, but when I turn on Fn Lock they do not work anymore. My computer is currently all up to date. Are there any options to fix this?

:)

Anaxibia, Jan 22, 2020
  2. MRCL Win User

Notebook keyboard locked?

I FN'ed every key on that keyboard. I think it must be some kind of key combination that locks and unlocks the keyboard. But I found nothing.

3. My brightness buttons won't work

Hi there,

Do you have an FN key on the keyboard?

If so hold that and press the brightness buttons hopefully it should change this

Then if you want to not hold the FN key look for a padlock symbol and press FN + That key it should lock the function keys and you shouldn't have to hold FN

Jordan Langford, Jan 22, 2020
  4. Fn Locked Brightness and Keyboard Lightening Buttons Not Working

Brightness control option using the keys "fn + f9" and "fn + f10 are not working on Windows 10.

Original Title: Windows 10 brightness issue

I have an HP ProBook 445 G2 Notebook PC that came with Windows 8.1 Enterprise. I recently did a clean installation of Windows 10 Home. My keyboard had a brightness control option using the keys "fn + f9" and "fn + f10". These brightness control hotkeys stopped
    working after I installed Windows 10, although other hotkeys like the one for volume control still work. The brightness button in the action center cycles only through steps pf 25%, which is sometimes inconvenient. How can I fix this?

SanatMharolkar, Jan 22, 2020
Thema:

Fn Locked Brightness and Keyboard Lightening Buttons Not Working

1. Fn Locked Brightness and Keyboard Lightening Buttons Not Working - Similar Threads - Locked Brightness Keyboard

2. Brightness FN keys not working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Brightness FN keys not working: Hello, yesterday i reinstalled windows 10 in my Acer Nitro 5 an515-54 laptop, and it was all working except the fn + rignt and left arrow keys. I checked in an "test your input" site, and appearently, it doesn't even register. I already tried fiddling with bios function key...
  3. Brightness FN keys not working

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Brightness FN keys not working: Hello, yesterday i reinstalled windows 10 in my Acer Nitro 5 an515-54 laptop, and it was all working except the fn + rignt and left arrow keys. I checked in an "test your input" site, and appearently, it doesn't even register. I already tried fiddling with bios function key...
  4. Brightness FN keys not working

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. Fn Lock on a Kmart USB keyboard

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Fn Lock on a Kmart USB keyboard: Hello, bit of a weird one. I have a Kmart USB keyboard, and at some point in the last couple of days I've accidentally toggled the Fn-lock and disabled the multimedia keys. I never use the F keys and often use the multimedia keys, so this is a debacle for me. I cannot figure...
  6. Fn Lock on a Kmart USB keyboard

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Fn Lock on a Kmart USB keyboard: Hello, bit of a weird one. I have a Kmart USB keyboard, and at some point in the last couple of days I've accidentally toggled the Fn-lock and disabled the multimedia keys. I never use the F keys and often use the multimedia keys, so this is a debacle for me. I cannot figure...
  7. Fn Lock on a Kmart USB keyboard

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  8. FN Lock at 60% keyboard?

in Windows 10 Customization
    FN Lock at 60% keyboard?: Heyy, I got me a 60% keyboard, a keyboard that doesn't have FN keys. You execute an FN command by pressing a number key and FN. But now I have the problem that I have a FN lock in it and so the top row of my keyboard cannot use the numbers and special characters without...
  9. HOW to make fn button locked?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    HOW to make fn button locked?: fn button problem https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-make-fn-button-locked/62eaad7a-6553-41cf-8098-6d904c672f0b
  10. HOW to make fn button locked?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    HOW to make fn button locked?: fn button problem https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/games_windows_10/how-to-make-fn-button-locked/62eaad7a-6553-41cf-8098-6d904c672f0b

Users found this page by searching for:

1. keyboard top row change from f8 to brightness