Windows 10: Fn + W used to swap WASD and arrow keys not working

Discus and support Fn + W used to swap WASD and arrow keys not working in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; I need to swap my WASD with arrow keys for one of my games. After looking online, I found that using "Fn + W" would swap them. Simple as that.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Jahgoda, Feb 20, 2021.

1. Jahgoda Win User

Fn + W used to swap WASD and arrow keys not working

I need to swap my WASD with arrow keys for one of my games. After looking online, I found that using "Fn + W" would swap them. Simple as that. Unfortunately, it is not working. It simply types "w" instead.

Is there a way to fix this and/or a working alternative I could use?

:)

Jahgoda, Feb 20, 2021

2. My arrow keys are wasd

Hi, so I can not use arrows keys because they are typing wasd instead, I tried some things with FN and different keys but it does not work. I also tried updating the drivers. It is kinda annoying and I can not do anything about it, any help pls?

David Irimia, Feb 20, 2021
  3. My arrow keys are wasd

Hi David,

Thanks for reaching out! I'm an Independent Advisor and a Microsoft user like you.

Try the steps indicated in this link to troubleshoot the issue.

https://appuals.com/fix-wasd-and-arrow-keys-are...

Hope it helps.

Standard Disclaimer: This is a non-Microsoft website. The page appears to be providing accurate, safe information. Watch out for ads on the site that may advertise products frequently classified as a PUP (Potentially Unwanted Products). Thoroughly research
    any product advertised on the site before you decide to download and install it.

Abram Pinto, Feb 20, 2021
  4. DaveM121 Win User

my wasd keys swiched to my arrow keys

Hi catalinpopa, try this keyboard shortcut:

Fn + Left Arrow Key

or

Fn + W key

DaveM121, Feb 20, 2021
Thema:

1. Fn + W used to swap WASD and arrow keys not working - Similar Threads - used swap WASD

2. Problems with fn+wasd keys

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Problems with fn+wasd keys: I have a separate keyboard from my laptop. It is a 60% mechanical keyboard which does not have the arrows keys. Normally when I want to use arrows I just hold fn+wasd and wasd will swap to arrows temporarily. I didn't manually any install driver for the keyboard. But I just...
  3. Problems with fn+wasd keys

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Problems with fn+wasd keys: I have a separate keyboard from my laptop. It is a 60% mechanical keyboard which does not have the arrows keys. Normally when I want to use arrows I just hold fn+wasd and wasd will swap to arrows temporarily. I didn't manually any install driver for the keyboard. But I just...
  4. Help with switching arrows and wasd.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Help with switching arrows and wasd.: I am on a laptop, a dell to be more specific and i sometimes need to change mye arrows to the wasd because i lost the left arrow button. But fn+w doesnt work and neither does any of the other options......
  5. Help with switching arrows and wasd.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Help with switching arrows and wasd.: I am on a laptop, a dell to be more specific and i sometimes need to change mye arrows to the wasd because i lost the left arrow button. But fn+w doesnt work and neither does any of the other options......
  6. WASD and arrow keys cause "drift" only in games

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    WASD and arrow keys cause "drift" only in games: I have had this issue for a week now with no solution working. For whatever reason, both my arrow keys and WASD keys continue inputting for several seconds after releasing the key. For example, I hold down "A" to walk left. Once I let go of "A", my character keeps walking...
  7. My wasd arrow and doesnt work correctly

in Windows 10 Customization
    My wasd arrow and doesnt work correctly: So when im playing a game on my pc if i want to go forward i would sometimes have to press s and then press w same with arrows https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-wasd-arrow-and-doesnt-work-correctly/c5236a88-b4af-453d-9a7e-4ec2404d8bd9
  8. My arrow keys are wasd

in Windows 10 Customization
    My arrow keys are wasd: Hi, so I can not use arrows keys because they are typing wasd instead, I tried some things with FN and different keys but it does not work. I also tried updating the drivers. It is kinda annoying and I can not do anything about it, any help pls?...
  9. FN Key + W

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    FN Key + W: So I listen to music while playing games and instead of tabbing out of the game to pause then wait ten year to tab back in I just used the fn key + w, but today when I did it it tabbed me out of my game and opens windows pen or something. It was working yesterday. Is there...
  10. Windows and Fn keys Swapped in functioning

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Windows and Fn keys Swapped in functioning: I have MSI GL63 laptop and my windows version is 2004. today i noticed that my Fn key and Windows keys swapped functioning . Is this windows issue or any other? How can I solve it?...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. cant swap wasd with key arrowa

2. fn w doesnt work changed