Windows 10: Focus a minimized application using cmd

Discus and support Focus a minimized application using cmd in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; As the title suggests, I want to focus or bring back a minimized application via the command prompt. For example, if I minimize chrome is there a way... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/brosiedon169, Apr 11, 2020.

1. Focus a minimized application using cmd

As the title suggests, I want to focus or bring back a minimized application via the command prompt. For example, if I minimize chrome is there a way for me to write something in the command prompt to do the same thing as me clicking the chrome icon in my taskbar?

Any help is much appreciated!

submitted by /u/brosiedon169
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/brosiedon169, Apr 11, 2020

2. Minimize applications

Hi Osman,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community, we appreciate your interest in Windows 10.

As the above description is not clear do let us know the following to assist you better:

• Which applications are you referring to?
    • Are you referring to the minimized applications in the Task bar?
    • If so, what is the exact issue you are facing with it?

Your query is little unclear, I suggest you to follow the below article to help us understand your query.

Microsoft Community

Reply to the post with the required information and brief description about this issue, we will be happy to help you accordingly.

Deepika Gowda, Apr 11, 2020
  3. Window in focus doesn't minimize when I click on its icon in the taskbar (Windows 10)

After applying the anniversary update, Windows 10 decided it was okay to change various settings for me. I've reversed some of the changes but one persists and I can't seem to find where to fix it.

Let's say I have a number of applications running, with icons in the taskbar. I click on the icon for a minimized window. It restores itself to its previous size/position and takes focus, as expected and as wanted.

I now click the icon for the same window, still in focus. Nothing happens. What I want is for the window to minimize, as it did before the update.

Some things I have looked at:

• Right clicked taskbar -> check "Personalization" -> "Taskbar". Found no option that would remedy the situation.
    • "System settings" -> "Multitasking" -> Looked through options for window behaviour; found nothing relevant.
    • Googled various combinations of "taskbar" "window" "minimize" "focus" and some other keywords. Mainly found articles and questions about hiding icons in focus and one question about wanting to STOP the behavior I'm looking to get back, but the solution suggested third-party software. The behaviour I want should obviously already exist natively, so I'm looking to change a setting, not install new software, although that could be a last resort should no other fix be found.

So, to clarify the question:

How do I change my settings so that a window in focus minimizes when I click its icon in the taskbar?

Jakob Pamp Bengtsson, Apr 11, 2020
  4. Cerawy Win User

Focus a minimized application using cmd

Some issues with minimizing and maximizing games

Im trying the focus assist option right now, i will get back with the results.

Alright, so turning focus assist off seems to have reduced the time it takes for my games to minimize and maximize, but i still get the annoying messagebox in the top left corner of the screen. I would also like if all my games would minimize and maximize instantly, but its a step in the right direction.

Also, my games are running in exclusive fullscreen mode.

Cerawy, Apr 11, 2020
Thema:

Focus a minimized application using cmd

1. Focus a minimized application using cmd - Similar Threads - Focus minimized application

2. Windows CMD opened application using START - application closes when CMD window closes.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows CMD opened application using START - application closes when CMD window closes.: In my environment I cannot do anything until I'm connected to my company's VPN. So, there are several apps that I don't want to start until I'm connected: Outlook, OneDrive and Teams. I created a simple BAT file that I execute after I am connected. I've been using this for...
  3. Windows CMD opened application using START - application closes when CMD window closes.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Windows CMD opened application using START - application closes when CMD window closes.: In my environment I cannot do anything until I'm connected to my company's VPN. So, there are several apps that I don't want to start until I'm connected: Outlook, OneDrive and Teams. I created a simple BAT file that I execute after I am connected. I've been using this for...
  4. Windows CMD opened application using START - application closes when CMD window closes.

in Windows 10 Gaming
  5. Application minimization problem

in Windows 10 Customization
    Application minimization problem: I was using two desktops and doing my work on desktop 2, playing games and doing everything else on desktop 1. An automatic action I do on the 2nd desktop causes the google chrome tabs to open and close, and suddenly it throws me to the 2nd desktop every time. How can I...
  6. A cmd keeps opening time to time, minimizing any application I am using

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    A cmd keeps opening time to time, minimizing any application I am using: The cmd opens for a split second and goes way, I was capturing my screen when I caught the given pictures. Hope that will help. Its is troubling me. Please provide help....
  7. Is it possible to prevent full screen applications from minimizing when they lose focus?

Is it possible to prevent full screen applications from minimizing when they lose focus?: I use a dual monitor setup, and would like to dedicate one monitor to display applications in full screen mode, while using the other to manage other applications I'm using. I would expect that an application being used in full screen mode should should take priority of...
  8. Applications minimizing

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Applications minimizing: When I open any application on my lenovo computer, it comes up and automatically minimizes. When I try to save my work, it saves the work them minimizes. The most annoying is using TruboTax, it minimizes after each entry. I ran a full system virus scan and there were no...
  9. Minimizing application to tray.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Minimizing application to tray.: Is there any way I can make an application minimize to tray on close? I want to set this up for messages for web, so that I can close it and still get notifications. submitted by /u/mitchellhall400 [link] [comments]...
  10. Switch Window Focus using a Batch File/CMD

Switch Window Focus using a Batch File/CMD: I have a Windows application that when launched with the Task Scheduler on start up does not have focus (i.e. I cannot execute keyboard commands in the application until I click the application into focus). Focus is on the Desktop. The application is started through Task...