Windows 10: Focus Assist and Game bar are not possible to select in settings.

Discus and support Focus Assist and Game bar are not possible to select in settings. in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; When I try to access the Settings page of Focus assist or the Gamebar and maybe others which I haven't found out yet, just the "Windows Settings"... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by GerhardOG, Jul 1, 2020.

1. GerhardOG Win User

Focus Assist and Game bar are not possible to select in settings.

When I try to access the Settings page of Focus assist or the Gamebar and maybe others which I haven't found out yet, just the "Windows Settings" Window opens.
    I can search for the settings I want, and they are in the suggestions, but if I click on them I always just get to the "Windows Settings" Page.
    The other settings I can access just fine.
    I already tried sfc scan, DISM, powershell getapx packageetc

:)

GerhardOG, Jul 1, 2020

2. Focus assist settings while playing games

Hi Jem,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

We understand how difficult it could be. You can follow steps below to prevent few applications from interrupting your gaming experience. However, for other third party applications, you will need to check with the settings within the applications
    to prevent it from interrupting you when it is not in use.

1. Go to Settings > Gaming.
    2. On the left pane, click on Game mode.
    3. On the right pane, toggle on the switch under
      Game mode
    4. Again go to Settings > System.
    5. On the left pane click on Focus assist.
    6. On the right pane, toggle on the switch across
      When I’m playing a game

The priority list can be selected by clicking on the
    Customize your priority list.

Hope it helps.

Manjunath_H, Jul 1, 2020
  3. Remove browser from focus assist trigger list

I once tried to see if I could use the game recording capability of the Windows 10 Xbox Game Bar to record a screencast. To do that I told Windows that my Chrome is a game. (It didn't really work that way, because it only recorded chrome and I needed other programs as well in the screencast)

Ever since I did that, every time I focus Chrome Windows turns on focus assist:

Focus Assist and Game bar are not possible to select in settings. nFh4Q.png

I turn it off, click back on chrome, and it is on again. Of course, I could just turn off When I'm playing a game in Settings -> System -> Focus assist, but I want to keep the feature for actual games.

How can I remove Chrome from that "this is a game" list?

I don't see anything about that in:

• Settings -> System -> Focus assist
    • Settings -> Gaming -> *
    • Win+G -> Preferences

Installed version of Windows 10: Enterprise 1903 (18362.239)

Gerald Schneider, Jul 1, 2020
  4. Focus Assist and Game bar are not possible to select in settings.

Windows focus assist

Ah, i just realized you can turn it off for gaming mode. Its might be help while i am working on my essay. Thanks.

mikelferdinan, Jul 1, 2020
Thema:

Focus Assist and Game bar are not possible to select in settings.

1. Focus Assist and Game bar are not possible to select in settings. - Similar Threads - Focus Assist Game

2. Windows Focus Assist Settings

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Focus Assist Settings: I have an issue where I cannot get into the Windows Focus Assist settings in Windows 10I clicked the option and nothing happens.I have checked all my settings I am thinking it is a group policy setting but I checked everything and Quiet Hours is enabled.If anyone has any...
  3. Windows Focus Assist Settings

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows Focus Assist Settings: I have an issue where I cannot get into the Windows Focus Assist settings in Windows 10I clicked the option and nothing happens.I have checked all my settings I am thinking it is a group policy setting but I checked everything and Quiet Hours is enabled.If anyone has any...
  4. Windows Focus Assist Settings

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. Focus Assist thinks YouTube is a game

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Focus Assist thinks YouTube is a game: Over the last couple of days I've seen strange behaviour from Focus Assist. Whenever I watch a YouTube video in fullscreen it will enable Focus Assist in priority only mode. Sometimes it will turn off after exiting fullscreen and sometimes it'll just stay on indefinitely. I'm...
  6. Task Bar And Focus Assist

Task Bar And Focus Assist: I Am Trying To Respond To An Answer I Received Regarding Taskbar and Focus Assist But Can't Find My Original Question https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/task-bar-and-focus-assist/5d623564-9875-41ae-bc43-3686afe2fcac
  7. Focus Assist settings have no effect

Focus Assist settings have no effect: I want the monitor to turn off overnight so I set Automatic rules>During these times to 11:00 pm to 6:00 am, but the monitor stays on all night. TheDuring these hours are Start time and Stop time. Does that mean to turn OFF the display at the Start time and ON at the end...
  8. Focus assist does not appear in Settings

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Focus assist does not appear in Settings: I am looking for the Focus assist settings tab in Windows Settings System but it is no where to be found. Can someone please let me know why this might be happening or how I can find these settings? [ATTACH]...
  9. Focus Assistant settings does not react

Focus Assistant settings does not react: So i noticed i do not recieve any Notifications anymore, a quick look into my Quick Settings i realize Focus Assitant is set toAlarms Only a click on it to deactivate it did nothing. Accessing Focus Assistant Settings yielded the same result none of the settings in the...
  10. THERE IS NO FOCUS ASSIST IN ANY OF MY SETTINGS

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    THERE IS NO FOCUS ASSIST IN ANY OF MY SETTINGS: Hi. I almost gave up on cortana when I couldn't find it anywhere, but then after I changed something in settings, language stuff I believe, I got cortana back. But I still don't see focus assist anywhere in settings or the cortana banner, and not in the notification thing on...