Windows 10: focus assist crashes when opened and action center shows no new notifications

Discus and support focus assist crashes when opened and action center shows no new notifications in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; It happened after yesterday windows update , both focus assist and quick action center crashes when opened. A white screen appear whenever quick action... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Binit Kumar Gorai, Dec 15, 2019.

1. focus assist crashes when opened and action center shows no new notifications

It happened after yesterday windows update , both focus assist and quick action center crashes when opened. A white screen appear whenever quick action center is opened. Please look into this.

:)

Binit Kumar Gorai, Dec 15, 2019
  2. Nim.121 Win User

Issues with Focus Assist and Notifications on Windows 10

Recently the notification bubble on the lower right of my taskbar sometimes displays a number, yet no new notifications would show in the action center. Whenever this happens:

• The Focus Assist quick action icon in the action center will not work even when I try to click on it (similar to whenever the quick action button for brightness adjust does not work)
    • Trying to open the Focus Assist settings will force-close Settings altogether

Sometimes it fixes itself, meaning I can finally open the focus assist settings, enable focus assist via the icon in the action center if I want to, and see the notification(s) list in the action center that was/were hiding before. Though the problem comes
    back again later on.

Other times if it bothers me that my notifications are not popping up in my action center for too long, I restart my Surface Pro 3 and the problem goes away temporarily. This happens randomly as if focus assist is turning itself on and off.

I believe focus assist and/or the notification settings may be the problem.

Is there a way to troubleshoot or fix this completely?

[Moved from : Windows 10 / Windows settings]

Nim.121, Dec 15, 2019
  3. Faith Win User
    Focus Assistant on 1903

Greetings.

Can anyone help me figure out how the Focus assistant in Windows 10 build 1903 works exactly? Because right now I have it to"off" in the Setting menu, but everytime I do stuff it turns itself "on" by its own and keeps reminding me that "notifications will remain silent in the action center while you're in fullscreen mode". Here's how it behaves to me at the moment:

• Desktop only - Alarm Mode On (sleep symbol)
    • Opening Edge - Focus Assistant Off
    • Opening Settings - Focus Assistant Off
    • Opening Mail - Focus Asistant Off

Everytime I close and open edge, system menu, mail, calender etc the notification center pops up this message. The way it worked before (on 1809) was that when I played games in fullscreen mode the sleep symbol on the action center became active, but everywhere else it was turned off. Now it seems to think that my desktop is in fullscreen mode? I don't understand how this works exactly. I can open and minimize Edge constantly and the sleep symbol in the bottom right corner will appear and disappear everytime.

Faith, Dec 15, 2019
  4. rokabard Win User

focus assist crashes when opened and action center shows no new notifications

Action Center is not showing past notifications

Hello,

I have recently made a clean install of Windows 10 Pro and I don't think the Action Center is working as intended.

In short, the Action Center does not show past notifications.

Notification toasts from various apps do appear on the desktop, and the icon for a new notification does lights up, but when I open Action Center either there is no notification there or the one notification is there, but is then automatically cleared once
    I close the Action Center (even if I did not click on it). The Action Center is therefore always empty.

It was my impression that the Action Center should show a list of past notifications, so that if I am away from the computer I can check the notifications I've missed. Am I missing something or is the Action Center bugged?

thanks.

rokabard, Dec 15, 2019
Thema:

focus assist crashes when opened and action center shows no new notifications

1. focus assist crashes when opened and action center shows no new notifications - Similar Threads - focus assist crashes

2. Windows 11... There's no "focus assist" in my action center.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 11... There's no "focus assist" in my action center.: Windows 11... There's no "focus assist" in my action center. I get no sound from the Alarm/Clock app when it goes off. I have lots of important alarms set. Each one "goes off" but without sound. All other apps and web browsers and video play sound perfectly fine. I notice my...
  3. Windows 11... There's no "focus assist" in my action center.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11... There's no "focus assist" in my action center.: Windows 11... There's no "focus assist" in my action center. I get no sound from the Alarm/Clock app when it goes off. I have lots of important alarms set. Each one "goes off" but without sound. All other apps and web browsers and video play sound perfectly fine. I notice my...
  4. Notification center won't open Action center

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Notification center won't open Action center: Hi there, I've encountered this rare bug while trying to personalize the Notification and Action center not sure of the exact terminology, Microsoft was never good with it. I wanted to check if I had the relevant shortcuts in there I don't care much about notifications. I...
  5. Notification center won't open Action center

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Notification center won't open Action center: Hi there, I've encountered this rare bug while trying to personalize the Notification and Action center not sure of the exact terminology, Microsoft was never good with it. I wanted to check if I had the relevant shortcuts in there I don't care much about notifications. I...
  6. Notifications not showing in Action Center

in Windows 10 Customization
    Notifications not showing in Action Center: I have applications that are showing notification banners but never show up in the Action Center even though I have it enabled. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/notifications-not-showing-in-action-center/8532d504-e5ee-45c4-ae25-6a6b80f04f17
  7. Action center not showing notifications

Action center not showing notifications: Basically I get notification bubbles but when I open action center, there are no notifications. For example, if I turn off Windows defender, I get notification popup like in first picture. But when I open it, there is nothing. The popup icon clears after wards as if I...
  8. Notifications not showing in action center

Notifications not showing in action center: Notifications not showing in action center, it shows the number of notifications I have and they show pop ups. But when I click the notification button its empty. Doing a reboot makes them all show up for a while but it's really annoying that I have to do this so often. Any...
  9. New notifications not showing in action center.

New notifications not showing in action center.: [IMG] [ATTACH] As you can see, the action center badge suggests new notifications but remains empty on opening. I have tried sfc and DISM tool, tried restarting file explorer, disabled and enabled action center from group policy but nothing has worked so far. Need a fix for...
  10. Action Center not showing notifications

Action Center not showing notifications: Action Center shows that I have notifications. However, when I open the Action Center there are no notifications; notifications not showing. This problem started after the Feature update to Windows 10, version 1809 which was installed on 10/2. I tried these suggestions...