Windows 10: Focus Assist Full Screen Mode and Mail App Conflict

Discus and support Focus Assist Full Screen Mode and Mail App Conflict in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; I like using the focus assist for gaming, watching full screen videos and work hours but I noticed it stayed on even when no parameters were being met.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/EMA-5, Mar 3, 2021.

1. /u/EMA-5 Win User

Focus Assist Full Screen Mode and Mail App Conflict

I like using the focus assist for gaming, watching full screen videos and work hours but I noticed it stayed on even when no parameters were being met. After some digging, I've narrowed it down that the problem is the default windows 10 mail app, which I use.

If I have the app window open, be it full screen or windowed, focus assist knows no parameters are met and is off. BUT once I close the window, focus assist turns on as if treating that it is in full screen mode.

Things I tried to no avail: Turning off the automatic sync and notification settings in the mail app. (I want these but checked just in case to see if they were the culprit.

Anyone have any solution ideas?

submitted by /u/EMA-5
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/EMA-5, Mar 3, 2021
  2. Faith Win User

Focus Assistant on 1903

Greetings.

Can anyone help me figure out how the Focus assistant in Windows 10 build 1903 works exactly? Because right now I have it to"off" in the Setting menu, but everytime I do stuff it turns itself "on" by its own and keeps reminding me that "notifications will remain silent in the action center while you're in fullscreen mode". Here's how it behaves to me at the moment:

• Desktop only - Alarm Mode On (sleep symbol)
    • Opening Edge - Focus Assistant Off
    • Opening Settings - Focus Assistant Off
    • Opening Mail - Focus Asistant Off

Everytime I close and open edge, system menu, mail, calender etc the notification center pops up this message. The way it worked before (on 1809) was that when I played games in fullscreen mode the sleep symbol on the action center became active, but everywhere else it was turned off. Now it seems to think that my desktop is in fullscreen mode? I don't understand how this works exactly. I can open and minimize Edge constantly and the sleep symbol in the bottom right corner will appear and disappear everytime.

Faith, Mar 3, 2021
  3. Brink Win User
    Brink, Mar 3, 2021
  4. Focus Assist Full Screen Mode and Mail App Conflict

Windows focus assist

Ah, i just realized you can turn it off for gaming mode. Its might be help while i am working on my essay. Thanks.

mikelferdinan, Mar 3, 2021
Thema:

Focus Assist Full Screen Mode and Mail App Conflict

1. Focus Assist Full Screen Mode and Mail App Conflict - Similar Threads - Focus Assist Full

2. Focus Assist

in Cortana
    Focus Assist: Even if I turn off focus assist through settings or the action center, I still do not get notifications when in a game or a fullscreen video and get the focus assist popup saying what I missed at the end. Does anyone have any possible solutions?...
  3. Focus Assist

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Focus Assist: Hey Jackasses, let me turn off Focus assist. Why would you lock my setting to "Alarms only" without allowing me to change the setting. Come on. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/focus-assist/5599cdd6-7a92-4aa1-84f4-ef069c960042
  4. Deactivate Notification-Assistant in full screen mode

in Windows 10 Customization
    Deactivate Notification-Assistant in full screen mode: Hi all, Is it possible to deactive the regularly notifications from the notification-assistant? Tried many variations in the settings, but it comes regularly. Honestly I don't understand what this messages is telling me and what the purpose is. [ATTACH] my settings did...
  5. Focus assist

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Focus assist: I want focus assist removed from my computer. Period. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/focus-assist/ce21b639-2f25-4bbd-9f07-93deeebd3952
  6. Focus Assist

Focus Assist: Hi, I would like to ask you how can I enable the Focus Assist by script, by GPO, by Registry Key or by Scheduled task. I would like to enable it with Windows Server 2012. The GPO with quiet hours and the registry keys EntryTime and ExitTime don't run. Thanks...
  7. Focus assist

in Windows 10 Support
    Focus assist: I mostly play PC games on virtual machines and i don't want any notification sounds while i'm using a VM. Can i set up Focus Assist on specific programs or should i need to keep it on at all times? 140978
  8. Focus Assist

Focus Assist: Every time my computer starts up, the Focus Assist Settings Window pops up. All my settings are turned to Off, but the Focus Assist Settings window keep popping up. How do I prevent it from popping up every time?...
  9. Automatic Focus Assist on ALL full screen apps?

Automatic Focus Assist on ALL full screen apps?: Right now, I can enable automatic focus assist on games, but I want to be able to enable it on all full screen apps (especially media players). A quick Google search led me to believe that was possible, as some screenshots had a setting for full screen apps on the automatic...
  10. Focus Assist

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Focus Assist: Is Focus Assist a Windows thing? It just started popping up. I've never seen it before. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-update/focus-assist/5393202c-2261-48cf-8c13-b80aeaf8092c