Windows 10: focus assist notfications and actions banner sound are on despite i got focus asistant...

Discus and support focus assist notfications and actions banner sound are on despite i got focus asistant... in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; i was on windows feature update 2004 from 1909 back on 13th th but was messing up my windows defender task scheduler so yesterday i decided to do... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by JasonSummey, Jul 31, 2020.

1. focus assist notfications and actions banner sound are on despite i got focus asistant...

i was on windows feature update 2004 from 1909 back on 13th th but was messing up my windows defender task scheduler

so yesterday i decided to do media creation tool 2004 despite already in 2004 in hopes they get fixed property

i notice ater i did media creation tool despite that i have focus assistant off and i can verify its turn off action center and if i go into settings click on moon icon/ focus assist

however i notice something very odd i don't know if it was there when i did windows feature update 2004 or not but under most recent in notifcations and actions i see focus assist on banners sounds<-i don't know why i'm seeing that

basically trying to figure out is that normal should i ignore that i would still get notify other stuff within action center like windows defender summary scan time to time scan

or despite that i have have focus assist turn off i still have to turn off it in notifications and actions aka the banner and sound

folks who did verision 2004 either windows feature update or media creation tool can you please go into your windows settings click on notifications and actions and tell me if you see focus assist most recent banner and sounds tell me if this is normal i'll be ok still get notify by other things within action center

:)

JasonSummey, Jul 31, 2020
  2. Faith Win User

Focus Assistant on 1903

Greetings.

Can anyone help me figure out how the Focus assistant in Windows 10 build 1903 works exactly? Because right now I have it to"off" in the Setting menu, but everytime I do stuff it turns itself "on" by its own and keeps reminding me that "notifications will remain silent in the action center while you're in fullscreen mode". Here's how it behaves to me at the moment:

• Desktop only - Alarm Mode On (sleep symbol)
    • Opening Edge - Focus Assistant Off
    • Opening Settings - Focus Assistant Off
    • Opening Mail - Focus Asistant Off

Everytime I close and open edge, system menu, mail, calender etc the notification center pops up this message. The way it worked before (on 1809) was that when I played games in fullscreen mode the sleep symbol on the action center became active, but everywhere else it was turned off. Now it seems to think that my desktop is in fullscreen mode? I don't understand how this works exactly. I can open and minimize Edge constantly and the sleep symbol in the bottom right corner will appear and disappear everytime.

Faith, Jul 31, 2020
  3. Hearing notification sounds while Windows 10 focus assist is enabled

I love the Windows 10 focus assist feature, it really does filter out most notifications and helps me focus.

I am having one issue with it though, some applications still play a notification sound even though focus assist does disable the notification banner. I have noticed this issue mainly with Slack. I am not sure if this is an issue in Slack implementation or an issue with focus assist.

The notification sounds are still distracting even though banners are not shown. I am aware that I can mute certain applications or even the entire PC, but I would really like to be able to just enable/disable focus assist and that's it.

Does anyone have a solution to this?

user3477889, Jul 31, 2020
  4. focus assist notfications and actions banner sound are on despite i got focus asistant...

Windows focus assist

Ah, i just realized you can turn it off for gaming mode. Its might be help while i am working on my essay. Thanks.

mikelferdinan, Jul 31, 2020
Thema:

focus assist notfications and actions banner sound are on despite i got focus asistant...

1. focus assist notfications and actions banner sound are on despite i got focus asistant... - Similar Threads - focus assist notfications

2. Focus assist

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Focus assist: Should I have Focus Assist on? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/focus-assist/dd06efc4-d2a9-4419-beb1-6dc8add48915
  3. Focus Assist

Focus Assist: Every once in awhile my focus assist stops working. I have checked everything I can, I have shut down and restarted, and still nothing. Is the whole program not working, or is it just for me?Thank you for providing me with any assistance you can give me....
  4. Focus Assist

Focus Assist: My focus assist only works for some notifications. I have checked the settings and every e-mail that I have assigned to be notified about is listed. Does anyone have any ideas as to how I can fix it, or if the issue is with Microsoft itself. Thank you, MJ...
  5. focus assist

in Windows 10 Customization
    focus assist: How do I totally disable Focus Assist?Thanks https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/focus-assist/bbb0578a-592e-4c74-946d-a43086ec78a3
  6. 2004 focus assist notfications & actions but focus assiant is turn off

in Windows 10 Support
    2004 focus assist notfications & actions but focus assiant is turn off: windows 2004 so since I was having issues with window defender scheduler scan task not working right in windows 2004 I decided to do media creation tool 2004 fresh windows update now I do can say that in action center I do have focus assist off and if I click on moon...
  7. Focus assist

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Focus assist: I want focus assist removed from my computer. Period. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/focus-assist/ce21b639-2f25-4bbd-9f07-93deeebd3952
  8. old messages from focus asist

old messages from focus asist: my computer is downloading an update, so is very slow, and a notification came up in Focus Assist, but disappeared. is there a way to retrieve old/past messages/notifications from Focus Assist??...
  9. Focus Assist

in Windows 10 Customization
    Focus Assist: Hi, I would like to ask you how can I enable the Focus Assist by script, by GPO, by Registry Key or by Scheduled task. I would like to enable it with Windows Server 2012. The GPO with quiet hours and the registry keys EntryTime and ExitTime don't run. Thanks...
  10. Focus assist

in Windows 10 Support
    Focus assist: I mostly play PC games on virtual machines and i don't want any notification sounds while i'm using a VM. Can i set up Focus Assist on specific programs or should i need to keep it on at all times? 140978