Windows 10: Focus assist turns on at desktop

Discus and support Focus assist turns on at desktop in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; When I have the setting "When I'm using an app in full screen mode" on, focus assist decides to turn off notifications. when this setting is off, it... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by VissenOfficial, Jun 4, 2020.

1. Focus assist turns on at desktop

When I have the setting "When I'm using an app in full screen mode" on, focus assist decides to turn off notifications. when this setting is off, it doesn't activate. Is that how it's supposed to work? Why is the desktop considered an app in full screen? Can I do something about it?

:)

VissenOfficial, Jun 4, 2020
  2. Brink Win User
    Brink, Jun 4, 2020
  3. Brink Win User
    Brink, Jun 4, 2020
  4. Focus assist turns on at desktop

Questions about Focus Assist

Thank you. Could you give me examples of Windows system notifications and can all of them be disabled? So, if I turn off the "get notifications from apps and other senders" setting I don't even have to disable other notifications' settings which remain turned on?

What if I turn off notifications and Focus Assist, may I still have any notifications?

Random guy, Jun 4, 2020
Thema:

Focus assist turns on at desktop

1. Focus assist turns on at desktop - Similar Threads - Focus assist turns

2. Why Focus Assist turns on automatically?

in Windows 10 Customization
    Why Focus Assist turns on automatically?: Every time I turn on my laptop running Windows 10, after login I see that Focus Assist is turned on and I have to turn it off manually. Is it something I should worry about? Will it cause any damage?...
  3. Focus assist - unable to turn off

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Focus assist - unable to turn off: Focus assist turns on automatically - and the settings for focus assist cannot be accessed via the 'Settings' app.So how can I disable focus assist?Eg. clicking the link here does nothing at all:Nor can the settings for focus be accessed by searching or right-clicking in the...
  4. Focus assist - unable to turn off

Focus assist - unable to turn off: Focus assist turns on automatically - and the settings for focus assist cannot be accessed via the 'Settings' app.So how can I disable focus assist?Eg. clicking the link here does nothing at all:Nor can the settings for focus be accessed by searching or right-clicking in the...
  5. Focus Assist Not Turning Off

Focus Assist Not Turning Off: Hi in settings there is a Focus Assist setting. It's currently set on "Only Alarms" but now I have been trying to click the button that says "Off" but it never responds. You might say that maybe it's because settings doesn't respond for me but NO it's responding with every...
  6. Focus Assist Won't Automatically Turn On

Focus Assist Won't Automatically Turn On: I enabled the settings for Focus Assist to turn on automatically both when I'm playing a game and when I am running an app full screen. However, Focus Assist remains off and my games continue to be interrupted by notifications that I am thankful for any other time. This is...
  7. Focus assist on on desktop??

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Focus assist on on desktop??: So the last couple of days when I log into Windows where there is nothing but the desktop Focus assist is in alarms only mode. Why would the desktop be triggering alarms only mode? 181224
  8. Focus assist won't turn off

Focus assist won't turn off: Hello, Focus assist will not turn off - I have a Surface Pro 4 that recently updated. I have tried turning Focus assist off using the Quick Action button, I have also tried going to Setting > Focus Assist. But when I click "Off" the page just freezes. When I try to click...
  9. [Bug] Focus assist is turned on automatically when the desktop is shown.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    [Bug] Focus assist is turned on automatically when the desktop is shown.: [ATTACH] Basically Focus assist turns on by itself if the desktop is the foremost window (if i can call it like this) Note that I had some customization apps open: Rainmeter, TranslucentTB, FalconX but I closed all of them and it didn't help at all. I also closed all the...
  10. Turn off Focus Assist

in Windows 10 Support
    Turn off Focus Assist: I'm confused but that is normal.....lol I am easily confused. I just go the update notice for the May 2019 update in August?? Does the tutorial that Brink made create a bootable USB drive with the latest version of windows 10 1903?? To make things more confusing when I did...