Windows 10: focus assist

Discus and support focus assist in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; focus assist isn't turning off in my windows 10 pc and is set to alarms only. the settings app is also not responding when i am trying to turn it off... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by AryaveerDahiya, Jan 24, 2021.

1. focus assist

focus assist isn't turning off in my windows 10 pc and is set to alarms only. the settings app is also not responding when i am trying to turn it off from there. i have encountered this problem earlier also. after restarting my computer the problem was solved for a few days, but now it has started again.

kindly help resolve

:)

AryaveerDahiya, Jan 24, 2021
  2. Brink Win User

Windows focus assist

Hello Mike, *Smile

Focus Assist used to be called "Quiet Hours".

It's a feature that basically allows you to pause or stop showing notifications when they would be inconvenient.

Here's some tutorials below to give you more details:

Turn On or Off Focus Assist in Windows 10 | Windows 10 Tutorials

Change Focus Assist Automatic Rules in Windows 10 | Windows 10 Tutorials

Customize Focus Assist Priority List in Windows 10 | Windows 10 Tutorials

Brink, Jan 24, 2021
  3. Brink Win User
    Brink, Jan 24, 2021
  4. sbh7600 Win User

focus assist

Focus assist

Hello @Melflormelissa,

I think there is a way *Smile

Try the following

1. Press "Start" and search for "focus" then there should pop something up like on the picture.

focus assist [​IMG]

2. Then press "Customize your priority list"

focus assist [​IMG]

3. From there you can add programs:

focus assist [​IMG]

sbh7600, Jan 24, 2021
Thema:

focus assist

1. focus assist - Similar Threads - focus assist

2. Focus Assist Full Screen Mode and Mail App Conflict

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Focus Assist Full Screen Mode and Mail App Conflict: I like using the focus assist for gaming, watching full screen videos and work hours but I noticed it stayed on even when no parameters were being met. After some digging, I've narrowed it down that the problem is the default windows 10 mail app, which I use. If I have the...
  3. Focus Assist enables itself when I minimize apps

in Windows 10 Customization
    Focus Assist enables itself when I minimize apps: This is the weirdest bug I encountered so far. Here's the demonstration video how Focus Assist is being enabled itself when I minimize something: https://youtu.be/1YhuqUSOl0s Any way to solve this problem?...
  4. Focus assist does not automatically turn itself off

Focus assist does not automatically turn itself off: Hey everyone, I've been using focus assist for quite some time now and I quite like it, but lately it has been showing a weird behavior. When I start playing a game it turns itself on, as it should, but it does not turn itself off once I stop playing games. This did not...
  5. Is there a way to set focus assist to turn on automatically when I'm using a video chat app?

Is there a way to set focus assist to turn on automatically when I'm using a video chat app?: It's quite annoying to be in a zoom meeting and have to remember to enable it so no one can hear my calendar or email notifications go off. It looks like focus assist turns on when an app is in full screen, but that's not an option as I need to have other apps open at the...
  6. Notifications persist with Focus Assist on Alarms Only

in Windows 10 Customization
    Notifications persist with Focus Assist on Alarms Only: Why when turning Focus Assist to Alarms Only, notifications continue to appear? It does this on my laptop. on my desktop is working fine. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/notifications-persist-with-focus-assist-on-alarms/ab054459-1de7-4b91-a782-2c576fb1557a
  7. Focus Assist on Windows 10 Turning on by itself

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Focus Assist on Windows 10 Turning on by itself: Hi Microsoft Community! I am Hardik. I recently purchased MSI Modern 14 and it is operating on Windows 10 and every time I start my laptop, I see that focus assist is turned on by itself. I have tried restarting it several times but that is not helping me out with the...
  8. Network & Internet and Focus Assist settings crashing on launch

Network & Internet and Focus Assist settings crashing on launch: For about a month now, I've been unable to open a few menus within my settings page. Everything on the main screen works except for Network & Internet, and within the System menu, focus assist crashes the application as well. I'm on build 19041.746 - two Windows updates have...
  9. How to hide or silence notifications (like Focus Assist) only while using specific Virtual...

How to hide or silence notifications (like Focus Assist) only while using specific Virtual...: Hi! I have 2 virtual desktops on Windows 10, one for Work and another for Play. Is there a way to enable Focus Assist or just hide notifications while using the Work virtual desktop and disable it automatically while using the Play virtual desktop? Some app maybe? Thanks...
  10. Focus Assist - how can I uninstall it

in Windows 10 Support
    Focus Assist - how can I uninstall it: Configuration: Windows 10 x64 bit latest version, 64 Gig Ram, ATI 8 Gig Video I lost my Windows boot sector installing an old version of Malwarebytes. Manually copied the data - formatted the hard drive and reinstalled everything - yes it took two days with all the updates....