Windows 10: Focus being stolen from main window after exactly 1 minute. Virus?

Discus and support Focus being stolen from main window after exactly 1 minute. Virus? in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Hello,So recently while browsing the internet or playing video games, I have been encountering an issue where the focus is being taken away from my... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Louis W MTG, Jan 29, 2023.

1. Focus being stolen from main window after exactly 1 minute. Virus?

Hello,So recently while browsing the internet or playing video games, I have been encountering an issue where the focus is being taken away from my main window. This happened after I visited a malicious website, posing as the official GIMP2.0 website.I have performed multiple troubleshooting exercises to fix this issue. First, I performed a completely full scan using Windows Security, and it found no issues. I then performed Step 1 of the Security Tango: https://securitytango.com/windows.php. I did not perform other steps because those links in the page did not work. After that, I made su

:)

Louis W MTG, Jan 29, 2023
  2. dawei Win User

Windows 7 freezes for 1 minute

My custom built rig has lately, in the past 2 months or so, been having these spits of freezing. It will freeze for exactly 1 minute: always 1 minute, every time. I can time it down to the second.

The weird thing is that when it freezes, some programs seem to be immune to it. When playing a full screen game, video and audio will freeze (though not always at the same time, sometimes one or the other will lag). Playing a 3D game in windowed mode seems to be immune to it however. Windows explorer and Firefox always seems to freeze, but Windows Messenger (including video call) will work as normal even while everything else is frozen. After a minute has passed, everything is back to normal. It happens at irregular intervals: sometimes it will happen then happen again 30 seconds later, and sometimes I can go hours without the problem.

It's a bit bizarre and I'm not sure what is causing it. The fact that it is always exactly 1 minute makes me think it's some dumb program checking for an update or something, but I can't pin it down.

Any ideas appreciated.

dawei, Jan 29, 2023
  3. e.Blue Win User
    Remote desktop causing "Your PC will automatically restart in 1 minute"

I am experiencing this problem as well and it is a MAJOR ISSUE which I don't feel is being given the proper level of response. As best I can tell it has a series of easy reproducible steps.

• Configure a Windows 10 PC so that it has a blank password and boots directly to the desktop on bootup.
    • Attempt to RDP to the Windows 10 PC with the blank password from another requesting Windows PC.
    • Immediately receive a 1-minute shutdown message on the requesting PC.
    • Observe the requesting PC automatically restart within 1 minute, losing any work that wasn't able to be saved within the 1 minute.
    This alarming behavior is almost virus-like and puts any computer at risk of being unexpectedly shutdown by simply requesting a RDP session with a Windows 10 PC using a blank password.

e.Blue, Jan 29, 2023
  4. SimonS Win User

Focus being stolen from main window after exactly 1 minute. Virus?

How to catch a process that steals window focus

One of my co-workers loses focus on his current window each like 5 minutes or so. Now I'm wondering which process steals the focus

I found this cool application focus.exe which will list the current foreground window - the window which has the focus.

Whenever the focus was stolen, the program printed this information:

As you can see the focus gets stolen by a process that could not been opened, so this information doesn't help me that much. What helps me, is that it still logs the processes PID.

So i wrote a little PowerShell Oneliner which should catch every new process that get's created and should output the process information:

But this didn't catch any of the PID's focus.exe pointed out.

How can I catch processes that couldn't been started, but still got a PID?

SimonS, Jan 29, 2023
Thema:

Focus being stolen from main window after exactly 1 minute. Virus?

1. Focus being stolen from main window after exactly 1 minute. Virus? - Similar Threads - Focus being stolen

2. My PC shutdowns after EXACTLY 30 minutes

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My PC shutdowns after EXACTLY 30 minutes: Hi, so recently I have been having problems with my PC. Last week I had it repaired, and I turned it on, updating drivers and stuff. At first, it was working perfectly fine, but yesterday I forgot to update my GPU drivers so I upgraded and after 30 minutes or so it shut down...
  3. My PC shutdowns after EXACTLY 30 minutes

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My PC shutdowns after EXACTLY 30 minutes: Hi, so recently I have been having problems with my PC. Last week I had it repaired, and I turned it on, updating drivers and stuff. At first, it was working perfectly fine, but yesterday I forgot to update my GPU drivers so I upgraded and after 30 minutes or so it shut down...
  4. Laptop's touchpad and keyboard freezes after being idle for around 1 minutes.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Laptop's touchpad and keyboard freezes after being idle for around 1 minutes.: I bought a new Microsoft Laptop Surface Go 2, and ever since I booted up even while setting up the laptop the touchpad and keyboard freezes after not touching for around 1 minutes. I am sure that the laptop is properly working as the touchscreen works normally even while the...
  5. Laptop's touchpad and keyboard freezes after being idle for around 1 minutes.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Laptop's touchpad and keyboard freezes after being idle for around 1 minutes.: I bought a new Microsoft Laptop Surface Go 2, and ever since I booted up even while setting up the laptop the touchpad and keyboard freezes after not touching for around 1 minutes. I am sure that the laptop is properly working as the touchscreen works normally even while the...
  6. Focus being stolen from main window after exactly 1 minute. Virus?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Focus being stolen from main window after exactly 1 minute. Virus?: Hello,So recently while browsing the internet or playing video games, I have been encountering an issue where the focus is being taken away from my main window. This happened after I visited a malicious website, posing as the official GIMP2.0 website.I have performed multiple...
  7. Screen Turns Off After Exactly 30 minutes

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Screen Turns Off After Exactly 30 minutes: Hello, My screen on my Dell XPS 9570 turns off after 30 minutes exactly, to the second! even while I am actively using it. Upon using the keyboard or touchpad I re-enter the lock screen, where I can log in using fingerprint per usual. I checked the event viewer logs, and...
  8. My settings window closes down after 1 minute of being open

My settings window closes down after 1 minute of being open: After I open the settings, sometimes the window stays open for a minute or two and then closes down. I have recently reset my laptop to factory settings but this did not happen before the reset...
  9. Preventing Stolen Laptop From Being Used

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Preventing Stolen Laptop From Being Used: If someone steals a Windows laptop (in my case a Surface Pro 6 for example), is there any way to prevent that person from formatting the drive and installing a fresh copy of Windows 10 to bypass my login password? I started thinking about how easy it seems to bypass the...
  10. 1 second image freeze exactly every minute

1 second image freeze exactly every minute: Hi everyone *Smile I have a problem with Windows 10 on my laptop. At the start of every new minute (e.g. 21:40:00) the image freezes for a second or two (the audio still runs fine). It doesn't matter how busy my laptop currently is, whether I'm playing a game, watching a...