Windows 10: Focus box above search task bar

Discus and support Focus box above search task bar in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; Hi, I have this opaque box at the bottom of my desktop above my task bar. This is notepad opened so I could add arrows as the box is hard to see... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by MikeMezz1, Jan 4, 2022.

1. MikeMezz1 Win User

Focus box above search task bar

Hi, I have this opaque box at the bottom of my desktop above my task bar. This is notepad opened so I could add arrows as the box is hard to see against any other color than white. When I hover a mouse over that area my session wheel spins. I cannot override the focus of the box so that part of my screen is now useless. Does anyone know what it is and how I can disable it?thank you Mike

:)

MikeMezz1, Jan 4, 2022

2. search box

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

I appreciate your interest in Windows 10.We sincerely regret for the inconvenience caused.

I suggest you to follow the below steps and check if are able to find search box.

• Right click on the task bar.

• Go to Cortana.

• Click on show search box.
    Now check if you are able to find search box.

Please let us know if you need further assistance.

Thank you.

Divya Murugan, Jan 4, 2022
  3. search box missing in task bar

Hi,

Thank you for your reply.

- Are you using desktop mode or tablet mode?

If you are using desktop mode and facing this issue I suggest you to follow the below steps and check if it helps:

1. Right on the task bar and select
    Cortana.

2. Click on Show search bar.

Check if this helps.

If you are on tablet mode, the search bar will not appear.

Hope the information helps, if you have any further queries, feel free to post. We are here to assist you.

Regards,

Guru Kiran

Guru Kiran G, Jan 4, 2022
  4. CliffSore Win User

search box missing in task bar

I have cortana (whatever that is) in my list of apps but how do I get it to the task bar to make this work?

1. Right on the task bar and select
    Cortana.

2. Click on Show search bar.

Check if this helps.

If you are on tablet mode, the search bar will not appear.

CliffSore, Jan 4, 2022
Thema:

1. Focus box above search task bar - Similar Threads - Focus box above

2. Search box gone from the task bar?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Search box gone from the task bar?: The search box on the left side of the taskbar is gone since I upgraded to Windows 11. Can I put that search box back on the task bar? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/search-box-gone-from-the-task-bar/e33f10e2-4375-4b18-a5f4-6f126d449d35
  3. Search Box in Task bar not working.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Search Box in Task bar not working.: The Search box in my Task Bar suddenly stopped working. It won't let me type anything. does not even show the curser. I tried restarting and it still does not work. I am running Windows 10. Any help or suggestions will be appreciated....
  4. Search Box in Task bar not working.

Search Box in Task bar not working.: The Search box in my Task Bar suddenly stopped working. It won't let me type anything. does not even show the curser. I tried restarting and it still does not work. I am running Windows 10. Any help or suggestions will be appreciated....
  5. Search Box in Task bar not working.

in Windows 10 Customization
  6. Problems with task bar and bar above

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Problems with task bar and bar above: While playing the task bar is shwoing up and this bar above with closeing button and minimalising button. I play on Windows 11 and I don't know how to fix it :...
  7. Problems with task bar and bar above

Problems with task bar and bar above: While playing the task bar is shwoing up and this bar above with closeing button and minimalising button. I play on Windows 11 and I don't know how to fix it :...
  8. Focus box above search task bar

Focus box above search task bar: Hi, I have this opaque box at the bottom of my desktop above my task bar. This is notepad opened so I could add arrows as the box is hard to see against any other color than white. When I hover a mouse over that area my session wheel spins. I cannot override the focus of the...
  9. Search box lost from task bar.

in Cortana
    Search box lost from task bar.: How to add a search box to the task bar when right clicking the taskbar does not offer search box. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/search-box-lost-from-task-bar/d7dbf3c1-ff70-44e4-bec5-26ab7db38bbb
  10. search box on task bar

in Windows 10 Customization
    search box on task bar: i have no search box on my taskbar and no "show hidden taskbar button" when i right click on the taskbar. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/search-box-on-task-bar/25f599a6-b4b1-4f2c-b981-a63516008d53