Windows 10: Focus rectangle so thick (border-dotted) around selected thing

Discus and support Focus rectangle so thick (border-dotted) around selected thing in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; [img] [img] how to make it thin, so annoying Thank in advance 120363 Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by axyz987, Oct 24, 2018.

1. axyz987 Win User

Focus rectangle so thick (border-dotted) around selected thing

Focus rectangle so thick (border-dotted) around selected thing [​IMG]

how to make it thin, so annoying

Thank in advance

:)

axyz987, Oct 24, 2018
  2. johneric Win User

Translucent focus rectangle when hovering over selections

Whenever I point the mouse over something, be it desktop icons, mozilla buttons etc, I get this translucent focus. How do I get rid of it?

johneric, Oct 24, 2018
  3. Edwin Win User
    Dotted Border Around Desktop Icon

You can try this:

How to Remove Annoying Focus Rectangle Around Buttons and Other Items in Windows

Caveat!: Do so at your own risk! Read all instructions carefully, read all comments at the bottom carefully!

Works for me, with the exception of pressing the WinKey for Start Menu and Shift/Selecting something.

Edwin, Oct 24, 2018
  4. CraigM70 Win User

How do I remove field/area focus rectangle in Win 10

I have recently upgraded from Win7 and finding some settings in Win 10 a challenge. Specifically the OS selects a field or screen area that it applies focus for keyboard entry. I'd like to remove that function. It does not help usability for me and there is a delay before the focus rectangle is displayed which is distracting. The cursor location should be sufficient to highlight where the focus is. There is no need to show both the cursor and focus rectangle.

Anyone able to give guidance on how to remove the focus rectangle? I've looked through the Ease of Use features and Advanced Settings, but might have missed something.

Lenovo X1 Tablet/Laptop
    Win 10 enterprise(2016)
    Win 64 bit with tablet pen and touch

CraigM70, Oct 24, 2018
Thema:

1. Focus rectangle so thick (border-dotted) around selected thing - Similar Threads - Focus rectangle thick

2. Black border around monitor

in Windows 10 Customization
    Black border around monitor: I'm running Intel HD graphics on a Acer inspire 15.6", upon restart my monitor, 1366x768 aspect ratio, has two inch black bars on each side of the display and 1 inch black bars on the bottom and top. My drivers are updated and I know this is called a shrinked monitor but I...
  3. How To Adjust The Window Border Thickness

How To Adjust The Window Border Thickness: Hello, so previously I was able to use the WindowMetrics in the Registry to adjust the border thickness for windows (refer to the image), yet that no longer works. There are two settings at: Computer\HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Control Panel\Desktop\WindowMetrics Named:...
  4. border around items in the taskbar

border around items in the taskbar: I have Windows 10 and I have Classic Shell installed. I like my taskbar items to be Uncombined, Showing labels. But no matter what settings I try, my taskbar no longer displays items with a border. If you see my screenshot, you'll see the items on my taskbar are...
  5. Is it possible to change window border thickness?

Is it possible to change window border thickness?: I am not liking the very thin black window borders, when I open a lot of windows it can be hard to tell where one ends and another begins. Is there any way that you can increase the thickness of the window outline? 10206
  6. How Do I Get Rid of This Dotted Border Around a Table in Word 2016?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How Do I Get Rid of This Dotted Border Around a Table in Word 2016?: Hi All. I've tried all of the border/shading tweaks, table tweaks, playing with some advanced options, etc., but the dreaded dotted border persists. Easiest thing to do is show you an image of what I mean. This is a resume, and I don't want anyone opening up to find the ugly...
  7. Translucent focus rectangle when hovering over selections

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Translucent focus rectangle when hovering over selections: Whenever I point the mouse over something, be it desktop icons, mozilla buttons etc, I get this translucent focus. How do I get rid of it? [img] 44252
  8. New border around Universal Apps..

in Windows 10 Support
    New border around Universal Apps..: I notice there's a new 1 pixel white border around Universal apps like Mail and OneNote. This makes it easier to see the edge of the window when it overlaps similarly colored areas. This seems to be new since the update yesterday. 13655
  9. Dotted Border Around Desktop Icon

in Windows 10 Support
    Dotted Border Around Desktop Icon: Every now and then I notice a dotted box around an icon on my desktop. When I reboot it goes away. It's not all that important, but my curiosity gets the better of me. Does anyone know what causes this and can it be prevented from happening again? [img] 99371
  10. Border around window screenshot

in Windows 10 Support
    Border around window screenshot: After the Windows 10 Anniversary upgrade, the Alt+PrtScn combo captures a border of some size around a window, as in the screenshot below. Is it possible to have only the active window captured? [img] 65499