Windows 10: Focus rectangle so thick (border-dotted) around selected thing

Discus and support Focus rectangle so thick (border-dotted) around selected thing in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; [img] [img] how to make it thin, so annoying Thank in advance 120363 Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by axyz987, Oct 24, 2018.

1. axyz987 Win User

Focus rectangle so thick (border-dotted) around selected thing

Focus rectangle so thick (border-dotted) around selected thing [​IMG]

how to make it thin, so annoying

Thank in advance

:)

axyz987, Oct 24, 2018
  2. johneric Win User

Translucent focus rectangle when hovering over selections

Whenever I point the mouse over something, be it desktop icons, mozilla buttons etc, I get this translucent focus. How do I get rid of it?

johneric, Oct 24, 2018
  3. Edwin Win User
    Dotted Border Around Desktop Icon

You can try this:

How to Remove Annoying Focus Rectangle Around Buttons and Other Items in Windows

Caveat!: Do so at your own risk! Read all instructions carefully, read all comments at the bottom carefully!

Works for me, with the exception of pressing the WinKey for Start Menu and Shift/Selecting something.

Edwin, Oct 24, 2018
  4. CraigM70 Win User

How do I remove field/area focus rectangle in Win 10

I have recently upgraded from Win7 and finding some settings in Win 10 a challenge. Specifically the OS selects a field or screen area that it applies focus for keyboard entry. I'd like to remove that function. It does not help usability for me and there is a delay before the focus rectangle is displayed which is distracting. The cursor location should be sufficient to highlight where the focus is. There is no need to show both the cursor and focus rectangle.

Anyone able to give guidance on how to remove the focus rectangle? I've looked through the Ease of Use features and Advanced Settings, but might have missed something.

Lenovo X1 Tablet/Laptop
    Win 10 enterprise(2016)
    Win 64 bit with tablet pen and touch

CraigM70, Oct 24, 2018
Thema:

1. Focus rectangle so thick (border-dotted) around selected thing - Similar Threads - Focus rectangle thick

2. Border around selected / focus area

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Border around selected / focus area: Hi,Is there a way to disable the border around it? I tired to disable "Underline keyboard shortcuts and access keys" in Control Panel but it still doesn't work.Any solutions?...
  3. Border around selected / focus area

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Border around selected / focus area: Hi,Is there a way to disable the border around it? I tired to disable "Underline keyboard shortcuts and access keys" in Control Panel but it still doesn't work.Any solutions?...
  4. Black border Around Focus/Selected Items

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Black border Around Focus/Selected Items: Hi,Is there a way to remove or disable the black border? I tried disabling the narrator but it doesn't work. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/black-border-around-focusselected-items/8330daa6-d36f-4c4b-a182-d877b616adbd
  5. Black border Around Focus/Selected Items

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Black border Around Focus/Selected Items: Hi,Is there a way to remove or disable the black border? I tried disabling the narrator but it doesn't work. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/black-border-around-focusselected-items/8330daa6-d36f-4c4b-a182-d877b616adbd
  6. 1 pixel border around menus and thick borders

in Windows 10 Customization
    1 pixel border around menus and thick borders: Hey,I recently got a problem where my taskbar menus got a 1 pixel border, and the Windows Settings menu has a very thick border. Control Panel menus are even weirder than the Settings menu. I've fixed this temporarily repeatedly by switching to another preset Windows theme...
  7. Extra Lines and Dots Around Window Borders

in Windows 10 Support
    Extra Lines and Dots Around Window Borders: My Windows Version is 1909 (OS Build 18363.752). I recently noticed some strange lines and dots around some windows as shown in the attached. It only appeared on some windows (file explorer, Chrome), but not on others (Microsoft Word, Excel). It only happened on the second...
  8. Thick, white focus rectangle appearing around controls

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Thick, white focus rectangle appearing around controls: Hi, I don't know when it started, but it's most visible when I'm activating jump lists from the task bar: A thick, white focus rectangle appears around the left-most icon (Windows explorer for me). It's basically the issue described here:...
  9. Increase Border thickness

in Windows 10 Customization
    Increase Border thickness: Hi How do I increase the border thickness of windows? And I did try with settings Computer\HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Control Panel\Desktop\WindowMetrics\BorderWidth and \PaddedBorderWidth but that only changed the window Title thickness....
  10. Dotted Border Around Desktop Icon

in Windows 10 Support
    Dotted Border Around Desktop Icon: Every now and then I notice a dotted box around an icon on my desktop. When I reboot it goes away. It's not all that important, but my curiosity gets the better of me. Does anyone know what causes this and can it be prevented from happening again? [img] 99371

Users found this page by searching for:

1. rectangle box around desktop icons windows 10 when mouse hovering

2. focus box is to thick

3. make the focus rectangle thicker

4. focus rectangle windows 10 1809,
  5. thick box around selections excel