Windows 10: Focus Square Around Tiles

Discus and support Focus Square Around Tiles in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Does anyone know how to hide the focus square around the Start Menu tiles when moused over. If they cannot be removed can they be recoloured? Thanks... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by AlanWade, Jun 26, 2019.

1. AlanWade Win User

Focus Square Around Tiles

Does anyone know how to hide the focus square around the Start Menu tiles when moused over. If they cannot be removed can they be recoloured?

Thanks for any help with this.

Focus Square Around Tiles [​IMG]

:)

AlanWade, Jun 26, 2019

2. Maxwell and Pascal "secretly" use tile based rasterization

I suspect this is still not full tile based rendering the way ARM Mali does, keeping lists of geometry primitives per tile in each hierarchy level. This seems only tiling of a rasterization step.
    In pipeline after geometry is done, gpu seems to run full pixel shader with full gpu on each first level tile serially from left to right, top to bottom. Second level could be as well done in immediate rasterization mode but coverage pattern using tiny tiles helps with cache hits - remember, maxwell and pascal have multiple levels of cache in their gpu. Tiles must be appropriately sized by driver to ensure best usage of gpu cache.

BiggieShady, Jun 26, 2019
  3. abdu Win User
    How to make the calendar tile a single square tile?

How to make the calendar tile, or any double tiled tile, a single square tile? I am not sure why it's a rectangle tile when it doesn't need all that space.

4. Focus Square Around Tiles

XBOX Live tile now shows an empty translucent square instead of avatar's picture

My xbox live tile now shows an empty translucent square instead of my avatar's picture. Inside the app, there's a big dark gray rectangle instead of my avatars, and my latests achivements are listed but without an icon on the left. I have no error, my
    xbox live account works well on other devices. Do I have to hard reset? Samsung Focus with pre-nodo update was alredy installed for a couple of days before this problem happened.

Louis-Philippe Alain (LPNET), Jun 26, 2019
Thema:

Focus Square Around Tiles

1. Focus Square Around Tiles - Similar Threads - Focus Square Around

2. Is there a shortcut to switch focus between the tiled windows on the screen?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Is there a shortcut to switch focus between the tiled windows on the screen?: For example, if I have 2 windows each snapped to 50% of my screen real estate, is there a keyboard shortcut where I can just easily switch between or navigate focus, only for the windows that are tiled? Alt/win+tab opens up a whole menu and cycles everything. I mean more just...
  3. Border around selected / focus area

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Border around selected / focus area: Hi,Is there a way to disable the border around it? I tired to disable "Underline keyboard shortcuts and access keys" in Control Panel but it still doesn't work.Any solutions?...
  4. Border around selected / focus area

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Border around selected / focus area: Hi,Is there a way to disable the border around it? I tired to disable "Underline keyboard shortcuts and access keys" in Control Panel but it still doesn't work.Any solutions?...
  5. Black border Around Focus/Selected Items

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Black border Around Focus/Selected Items: Hi,Is there a way to remove or disable the black border? I tried disabling the narrator but it doesn't work. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/black-border-around-focusselected-items/8330daa6-d36f-4c4b-a182-d877b616adbd
  6. Black border Around Focus/Selected Items

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Black border Around Focus/Selected Items: Hi,Is there a way to remove or disable the black border? I tried disabling the narrator but it doesn't work. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/black-border-around-focusselected-items/8330daa6-d36f-4c4b-a182-d877b616adbd
  7. No Square boxes around apps on start list

in Cortana
    No Square boxes around apps on start list: Till a week before i had square boxes on all icons but it has vanished and am not liking it.. Please help me [Attaching a Picture if it helps] [ATTACH]...
  8. Square around wifi symbol

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Square around wifi symbol: This seems odd, but I suddenly notice I have squares around the wifi symbols when I open the network tray in the bottom right corner. See attached. ? 165959
  9. Thick, white focus rectangle appearing around controls

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Thick, white focus rectangle appearing around controls: Hi, I don't know when it started, but it's most visible when I'm activating jump lists from the task bar: A thick, white focus rectangle appears around the left-most icon (Windows explorer for me). It's basically the issue described here:...
  10. Tiles in Start System move around and are scattered.

in Windows 10 Support
    Tiles in Start System move around and are scattered.: The tiles are inconsistent in placement and trying to order them with the mouse moves other tiles in all directions. I have not tried to do a clean install of 10074 because I have quite a few third party programs installed to make sure they work with Windows 10. I am...