Windows 10: Focus stealing

Discus and support Focus stealing in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; I have an application that has drop down menus for work. (like a status change from started to completed) And if I have the work application open, and... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/your_mamma57, Apr 20, 2020.

1. Focus stealing

I have an application that has drop down menus for work. (like a status change from started to completed) And if I have the work application open, and I open any other application, Skype, Internet explorer, Chrome anything, AFTER the work app is running, I can no longer use the drop down menus.

I click on menu and focus changes to whatever apps were opened after the work application. Its very frustrating and a big time eater especially if there is lots of incomplete work in the other app. (such as open office) Windows 10
    Is there anyone with experience with this ?

Please advise

submitted by /u/your_mamma57
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/your_mamma57, Apr 20, 2020
  2. IrvS Win User

Random explorer.exe stealing focus

This was an upgrade over W8.1.

Only basically happens once, shortly after booting. Only time Thunderbird came to the front was when I was doing a reply. Otherwise I can't tell where the focus went.

I have WinPatrol running and it has the Startup list and other uses. There is nothing I can see that would even suggest that would be happening. McAfee Live Safe is my Security Suite and its scans find nothing. I've also run Hijack Hunter too.

I hope the FOCUS program will shed some light on this. The other program I needed to set the time limit for it to run but it never caught it.

3. stealing focus while typing

Hi Valerie,

Losing focus on an app can happen if your touchpad is on high sensitivity. There are instances that we are engrossed in our writing to the point that we don't notice that our hands are near the touchpad and if it's set to high sensitivity, it can click on
    another app. To isolate the issue, we suggest that you try to change the sensitivity settings of your laptop to medium or low sensitivity and see if this issue still persists. To do so, please follow these steps:

• In Cortana search, type Settings.
    • Click on Devices.
    • Click Touchpad.
    • Change the sensitivity level.

Feel free to post back should you need further assistance.

Katrina Men, Apr 20, 2020
  4. rluks Win User

Focus stealing

Preventing applications from stealing focus in Windows 10

There is a dated question asking for a solution for windows 7. I have recently grew tired of newly launched applications to steal focus from my currently opened window. Is there a way how to prevent programs from stealing focus in Windows 10?

Thank you

rluks, Apr 20, 2020
Thema:

Focus stealing

1. Focus stealing - Similar Threads - Focus stealing

2. random pop up stealing focus in fullscreen games

in Windows 10 Gaming
    random pop up stealing focus in fullscreen games: this issue started happening randomly about a week ago. when im playing games in fullscreen a random pop up will steal focus for a split second and then disappear and i have no idea what it is. i have turned off notifications in windows settings, turned off xbox game bar,...
  3. random pop up stealing focus in fullscreen games

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    random pop up stealing focus in fullscreen games: this issue started happening randomly about a week ago. when im playing games in fullscreen a random pop up will steal focus for a split second and then disappear and i have no idea what it is. i have turned off notifications in windows settings, turned off xbox game bar,...
  4. Large program is stealing focus while opening in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Large program is stealing focus while opening in Windows 10: This problem is recurring in several Windows 10 updates, and so far no one has been able to solve it. When I open large apps e.g. Adobe Photoshop, Roblox Studio, etc., I have to wait for the app to load completely before I can switch focus to another app. In the example...
  5. Large program is stealing focus while opening in Windows 10

Large program is stealing focus while opening in Windows 10: This problem is recurring in several Windows 10 updates, and so far no one has been able to solve it. When I open large apps e.g. Adobe Photoshop, Roblox Studio, etc., I have to wait for the app to load completely before I can switch focus to another app. In the example...
  6. Large program is stealing focus while opening in Windows 10

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  7. Process called "MSCTFIME UI" stealing focus

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Process called "MSCTFIME UI" stealing focus: I was playing video games on my computer when suddenly it paused for no reason. Thinking this was a random one-time occurance, I kept playing. However, the game paused again, and again after that. I thought that the game was losing focus, so I went to settings and turned off...
  8. Process called "MSCTFIME UI" stealing focus

Process called "MSCTFIME UI" stealing focus: I was playing video games on my computer when suddenly it paused for no reason. Thinking this was a random one-time occurance, I kept playing. However, the game paused again, and again after that. I thought that the game was losing focus, so I went to settings and turned off...
  9. Windows 11 start menu pops up and steals focus randomly

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 start menu pops up and steals focus randomly: Hello. Ever since i built my pc 6 months ago I've been plagued with this annoying problem with the start menu that steals focus randomly when i play games im not sure if it ever happened outside gaming and it is extremely annoying because it minimizes everything and takes...
  10. Windows 11 start menu pops up and steals focus randomly

Windows 11 start menu pops up and steals focus randomly: Hello. Ever since i built my pc 6 months ago I've been plagued with this annoying problem with the start menu that steals focus randomly when i play games im not sure if it ever happened outside gaming and it is extremely annoying because it minimizes everything and takes...