Windows 10: Focus Switch

Discus and support Focus Switch in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; When the cursor hovers over an open window focus is automatically shifted to that window, What I want is when the cursor hovers over an open window it... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by BrianAingworth, Aug 24, 2018.

1. Focus Switch

When the cursor hovers over an open window focus is automatically shifted to that window, What I want is when the cursor hovers over an open window it must be clicked on to gain focus. How do I do this??

:)

BrianAingworth, Aug 24, 2018

2. Airplane mode switch not working

Since the troubleshooting steps that were provided did not resolve the issue, we suggest switching on the Radio Management Service. To do that, please follow the steps below:

• Press Windows key + R.
    • Type services.msc, then hit Enter.
    • Search for Radio Management Service.
    • Right-click, then choose Start.

Note: Never ever set this service to "Disabled".

Get back to us if the steps won't work.

Marilou Ser, Aug 24, 2018
  3. IrvS Win User
    Random explorer.exe stealing focus

This was an upgrade over W8.1.

Only basically happens once, shortly after booting. Only time Thunderbird came to the front was when I was doing a reply. Otherwise I can't tell where the focus went.

I have WinPatrol running and it has the Startup list and other uses. There is nothing I can see that would even suggest that would be happening. McAfee Live Safe is my Security Suite and its scans find nothing. I've also run Hijack Hunter too.

I hope the FOCUS program will shed some light on this. The other program I needed to set the time limit for it to run but it never caught it.

4. Focus Switch

Most desktop app icons missing from the Start screen

Yeah, that's just a reference - instead of making an All Users user (like public or default), the just point to Program Data as the root folder (tip: launch command prompt and enter
    set

You can see the associations in the list of environment variables.

Don't let me distract you from the issue though - keep focus on the Start list. I'll keep throwing out tidbits *Wink

After rebuilding the index, try the toggle Start switches suggestion ... one suggestion at a time - let me know if /when the list is 'healed'
    One of these will be a workaround even if it's "wait for 10.0.136" *Eek

Slartybart, Aug 24, 2018
Thema:

Focus Switch

1. Focus Switch - Similar Threads - Focus Switch

2. Cursor won't switch focus on left click and hover, only right click

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cursor won't switch focus on left click and hover, only right click: My laptop is an Acer Aspire 5 A514-54-52UP running i5-1135G7 and Windows 10 22H2.For a view weeks, my laptop won't change focus to another window or to the taskbar-and-desktop if I left click or hover my cursor over the window, taskbar, or desktop.I have tried multiple...
  3. Cursor won't switch focus on left click and hover, only right click

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Cursor won't switch focus on left click and hover, only right click: My laptop is an Acer Aspire 5 A514-54-52UP running i5-1135G7 and Windows 10 22H2.For a view weeks, my laptop won't change focus to another window or to the taskbar-and-desktop if I left click or hover my cursor over the window, taskbar, or desktop.I have tried multiple...
  4. Cursor won't switch focus on left click and hover, only right click

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. Failed to switch tab by Shortcut command in file explorer when Start back up get auto focused

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Failed to switch tab by Shortcut command in file explorer when Start back up get auto focused: Failed to switch tab by Shortcut command in file explorer when Start back up gets auto focused.The problem faced after the latest Windows update.Steps to Reproduce:Press F4 key to select address bar in the file explorerPress ESC key. Now "Start back up" button will be...
  6. Failed to switch tab by Shortcut command in file explorer when Start back up get auto focused

Failed to switch tab by Shortcut command in file explorer when Start back up get auto focused: Failed to switch tab by Shortcut command in file explorer when Start back up gets auto focused.The problem faced after the latest Windows update.Steps to Reproduce:Press F4 key to select address bar in the file explorerPress ESC key. Now "Start back up" button will be...
  7. Windows 11 file explorer jumps to top whenever the window focus is switched from File...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 file explorer jumps to top whenever the window focus is switched from File...: Hello, I've encountered a very annoying behavior involving Excel and Windows 11 file explorer.Occasionally I need to find some files info and write it in an Excel spreadsheet.I scroll through the files in file explorer to find the correct file and then switch to excel to...
  8. Windows 11 file explorer jumps to top whenever the window focus is switched from File...

Windows 11 file explorer jumps to top whenever the window focus is switched from File...: Hello, I've encountered a very annoying behavior involving Excel and Windows 11 file explorer.Occasionally I need to find some files info and write it in an Excel spreadsheet.I scroll through the files in file explorer to find the correct file and then switch to excel to...
  9. Windows 10 on PC - Switch/Focus/Maximize to a specific open app in in the Taskbar

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows 10 on PC - Switch/Focus/Maximize to a specific open app in in the Taskbar: Hello, I'm trying to create a macro that will switch to a specific open application that appears in the taskbar. I don't want to open a new instance, so the path to the .exe file won't work. The application may not have been opened sequentially, so anything that refers to a...
  10. Is there a shortcut to switch focus between the tiled windows on the screen?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Is there a shortcut to switch focus between the tiled windows on the screen?: For example, if I have 2 windows each snapped to 50% of my screen real estate, is there a keyboard shortcut where I can just easily switch between or navigate focus, only for the windows that are tiled? Alt/win+tab opens up a whole menu and cycles everything. I mean more just...