Windows 10: fodhelper.exe running in "details" pane of task manager randomly?

Discus and support fodhelper.exe running in "details" pane of task manager randomly? in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; to my knowledge this is the "manage optional features" dialog yet I see it running by itself sometimes. does anyone else have this running in the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/hi2323, Sep 28, 2020.

1. /u/hi2323 Win User

fodhelper.exe running in "details" pane of task manager randomly?

to my knowledge this is the "manage optional features" dialog yet I see it running by itself sometimes. does anyone else have this running in the "details" pane of task manager despite not having opened that dialog box?

submitted by /u/hi2323
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/hi2323, Sep 28, 2020
  2. z10556 Win User

Task Manager not running

I have added a new task to the ones already populated which I suppose were in Win7
    The new task or the present tasks are not running as there is no entry in the history or
    recently run file
    are there other steps necessary to get the new task manager to start up ?

z10556, Sep 28, 2020
  3. preview/details pane in explorer

Hi,

Setting the Preview pane to show or hide in File Explorer will apply to all folders. If you wish to hide the Preview pane in File Explorer, we suggest that you follow the steps below:

• Open File Explorer.
    • Tap on View tab.
    • Click Preview Pane to view/hide it.

We would appreciate it if you could get back to us and provide us your feedback.

Michael Gall, Sep 28, 2020
  4. Pavan_N Win User

Windows 10 Explorer File Details Pane

Hi,

If you are referring for preview pane in File explorer then follow the steps below.

• Open File explorer; open any document or file or folder.
    • Click on View on the Quick access toolbar ribbon.
    • Click on Preview pane or Details pane.
    You may please provide your suggestions in the feedback app. It will be directly referred by our
    developer’s team for further improvement.

Follow the steps:

• Go to Start, enter the phrase Windows Feedback and then select Windows Feedback.
    • See if someone else has given similar feedback by entering the topic, such as Microsoft Music.
    • If you find similar feedback, select it, add any details and then select
      Me too.
    • To narrow your search to a specific category, pick the category that most closely matches your feedback (so it gets to the right people quickly). For example, for feedback about the Music app, select Apps > Music.
    • If you don’t find any similar feedback, select New Feedback, choose a topic from
      Select a category and then select a subcategory.
    • Enter your feedback (the more details the better!), add a screenshot if you can, and you're done.
    Hope it helps. Thank you.

Pavan_N, Sep 28, 2020
Thema:

1. fodhelper.exe running in "details" pane of task manager randomly? - Similar Threads - fodhelper exe running

2. Suspicious "rundll32.exe -localserver ***" running in Task Manager, possibly a network worm

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Suspicious "rundll32.exe -localserver ***" running in Task Manager, possibly a network worm: My PC is running Windows 10 21H2 Build 19044.2130 or 19045.2130, I don't remember. I was gone and put my laptop on sleep, when I finally came back after some time, I saw rundll32.exe running in Task Manager. I know that rundll32 is a Windows component commonly used to run DLL...
  3. Task Manager 'Details' Malfunctioning

in Windows 10 Customization
    Task Manager 'Details' Malfunctioning: I got my windows updated with the Insider Preview. The version now is the newest: 20251.1with FE. The task manager malfunctions as: Once I open the task manager and click 'Details', the task manager stops for a short whilewith no display and then crashes. In fact it also acts...
  4. Task manager crash on more detail

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Task manager crash on more detail: Hello, today I opened the Task Manager and going on more details the app crash, is the only app doing that, I tried more times and restarted but nothing, can you help me solve that? I'm using Windows 10 Home, Version 10.0.17763 Build 17763 Needs other details? Thank you....
  5. Task manager not showing ram speed or details.

Task manager not showing ram speed or details.: Ram speed details not showing on right side like it should. [ATTACH] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/task-manager-not-showing-ram-speed-or-details/ee816c9c-5d9b-43e9-8de3-7506ac903b11
  6. In task manager in "Details" i have many chrome exe. files running, why?

In task manager in "Details" i have many chrome exe. files running, why?: I have 14 chrome.exe running 4 conhost.exe 2 csrss.exe 4 dllhost.exe 3 Dropbox.exe 2 fontdrvhost.exe 3 PWMTower.exe 4 RuntimeBroker.exe 4 conhost.exe And lots of svchost.exe running, is this normal? Is this why my memory alarms come up?...
  7. Running Task Manager fixes random freze

Running Task Manager fixes random freze: Hi, I have two screen setup. Randomly, probably 3 or 4 times a week, the applications on one scree seem to freeze. Eg if it mail, I cant click on anything. However, I have found if i do ctrl alt del and run Task Manager, it unlocks everything! So, I have a...
  8. Windows 10 - task manager - details tab

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Windows 10 - task manager - details tab: hello, i have a lot going on in the 'details' tab in my task manager, i was wondering what a standard details tab list for windows 10 would look like so i can narrow down which processes i don't need. 58238
  9. Task Manager not running

in Windows 10 Support
    Task Manager not running: I have added a new task to the ones already populated which I suppose were in Win7 The new task or the present tasks are not running as there is no entry in the history or recently run file are there other steps necessary to get the new task manager to start up ? 17916
  10. Open Task Manager directly to Details

in Windows 10 Support
    Open Task Manager directly to Details: Is there a command parameter to taskmgr.exe to open directly to Details? 39599