Windows 10: Foghorn start

Discus and support Foghorn start in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; This build, 14251 starts after putting in the password with a sound like a ship's foghorn. Is this right? 39292 Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by tinmar49, Jan 31, 2016.

1. tinmar49 Win User

Foghorn start

This build, 14251 starts after putting in the password with a sound like a ship's foghorn. Is this right?

:)

tinmar49, Jan 31, 2016

2. My desktop was replaced with start menu?

First, try Settings>Personalization>Start, toggle off Use Start Full Screen.

Then in the Themes tab, set a Theme.

In addition Microsoft has collected spectacular
    Themes collections
    to download and set as a slideshow. These will install at Control Panel>Personalization>My Themes.

Foghorn start [​IMG]

Foghorn start [​IMG]

Right now I am using a New Zealand nautical theme with ocean, tugboat, foghorn and shorebirds sounds.

Let us know how this goes.

Greg Carmack - Windows MVP, Jan 31, 2016
  3. Sigh.. windows 10 why so encumbrant and not elegant.

Microsoft has collected spectacular
    Themes collections
    to download and set as a slideshow. These will install at Control Panel>Personalization>My Themes.

Foghorn start [​IMG]

Foghorn start [​IMG]

One day I am nautical with spectacular seashores and sounds of seagulls and foghorns replacing default Windows sounds, the next day I am in an Amazon forest with animal sounds for alerts.

Greg Carmack - Windows MVP, Jan 31, 2016
  4. Edwin New Member

Foghorn start

I................... don't think so! *Confused

Edwin, Jan 31, 2016
  5. I've heard that sound before, I think it's a warning of a program or driver not loading correctly... not sure where or how to check, maybe the device manager first... the sound is part of the windows theme as far as I can tell...

kingstonian, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

Foghorn start

1. Foghorn start - Similar Threads - Foghorn start

2. Windows 10 Tile Start menu crashes after trying to move tiles.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows 10 Tile Start menu crashes after trying to move tiles.: Hi, recently i did a fresh windows install and i noticed when trying to move the tiles in the start menu it misbehaves and crashes instantly, i updated my integrated graphics drivers and rebooted my computer but everytime i try to move or change tiles to another group the...
  3. ntoskrnl.exe and sometimes hal.dll BSOD at every start of some video games.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    ntoskrnl.exe and sometimes hal.dll BSOD at every start of some video games.: So I've attempted to reinstall my Windows in hoping to get rid of ntoskrnl.exe BSOD at every time I play a game such as Destiny 2 / Rising Storm 2. But I've done it tonight and still got the BSODs with the same source ntoskrnl.exe and sometimes with hal.dll. PC just bought...
  4. WHY IS THE START SCREEN OPAQUE AND NOT TRANSPARENT

in Windows 10 Customization
    WHY IS THE START SCREEN OPAQUE AND NOT TRANSPARENT: WHY IS THE START SCREEN OPAQUE AND NOT TRANSPARENT https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/why-is-the-start-screen-opaque-and-not-transparent/2ecf97b6-e2ed-4399-acc5-ee07119cd6a6
  5. How to add a tile to windows start layout programmatically

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How to add a tile to windows start layout programmatically: Hello Friends, So I'm working on a firefox extension that will allow you to pin the website you're on to your start-menu, or create a shortcut in your taskbar or all programs menu. The trouble is that I have no idea programmatically how to add a tile to the start menu. I can...
  6. Initial Start up om two new Labtops Windows 10 Home

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Initial Start up om two new Labtops Windows 10 Home: Can initiate two new laptops with the same MS account. One for business one separate for home with family users, or should I use two different MS logins?...
  7. Windows10 New Installation crashes before starts

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows10 New Installation crashes before starts: Hello, i built a new desktop pc. here's the componets: motherboard: ASUS Prime H310I-PLUS R2.0 hdd sata 1tb ram: G.Skill F4-3200C16D-16GIS Aegis DDR4 16GB PC 3200 CL16 KIT 2x8GB processor: Core i3-8100 video: gtx960 when i try to install w10, the w. logo appears,...
  8. search bar not empty when i start on certain sites

in Browsers and Email
    search bar not empty when i start on certain sites: I am using Windows 10 (18363.720) This is a small problem on some sites. For example if I go to ebay to buy something. the search box is already filled in with my user name whereas it used to be blank. Now to do a search I have to delete what is in the box before I type. Is...
  9. Select from different drivers on Start Up

in Windows 10 Customization
    Select from different drivers on Start Up: On my computer I have an old Wacom Intuous tablet and a Wacom Cintiq you know, the kind where you can use a stylus directly on the screen. They require different and exclusive drivers, so I have to choose which one I want to function, install ONLY that driver and live with...
  10. If I do Windows Fresh Start, does that mean I have to re install all my games even tho they...

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    If I do Windows Fresh Start, does that mean I have to re install all my games even tho they...: My C drive is for Win 10 only. I have 2 other SSD's that are for games only. Questions: If I do a Windows Fresh Start- 1 Does that mean I have to reinstall all my games? as all the registry entries will now be gone 2 I'm guessing all the Game launchers Steam,...