Windows 10: Foghorn start

Discus and support Foghorn start in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; This build, 14251 starts after putting in the password with a sound like a ship's foghorn. Is this right? 39292 Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by tinmar49, Jan 31, 2016.

1. tinmar49 Win User

Foghorn start

This build, 14251 starts after putting in the password with a sound like a ship's foghorn. Is this right?

:)

tinmar49, Jan 31, 2016

2. My desktop was replaced with start menu?

First, try Settings>Personalization>Start, toggle off Use Start Full Screen.

Then in the Themes tab, set a Theme.

In addition Microsoft has collected spectacular
    Themes collections
    to download and set as a slideshow. These will install at Control Panel>Personalization>My Themes.

Foghorn start [​IMG]

Foghorn start [​IMG]

Right now I am using a New Zealand nautical theme with ocean, tugboat, foghorn and shorebirds sounds.

Let us know how this goes.

Greg Carmack - Windows MVP, Jan 31, 2016
  3. Sigh.. windows 10 why so encumbrant and not elegant.

Microsoft has collected spectacular
    Themes collections
    to download and set as a slideshow. These will install at Control Panel>Personalization>My Themes.

Foghorn start [​IMG]

Foghorn start [​IMG]

One day I am nautical with spectacular seashores and sounds of seagulls and foghorns replacing default Windows sounds, the next day I am in an Amazon forest with animal sounds for alerts.

Greg Carmack - Windows MVP, Jan 31, 2016
  4. Edwin New Member

Foghorn start

I................... don't think so! *Confused

Edwin, Jan 31, 2016
  5. I've heard that sound before, I think it's a warning of a program or driver not loading correctly... not sure where or how to check, maybe the device manager first... the sound is part of the windows theme as far as I can tell...

kingstonian, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

Foghorn start

1. Foghorn start - Similar Threads - Foghorn start

2. Suddenly I see a flash of web results in the START BUTTON every time I search - How to...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Suddenly I see a flash of web results in the START BUTTON every time I search - How to...: When I press START BUTTON and then SPACE, I see this picture.Please make it go away.Normally, I wouldnt care. But now, it flashes very briefly for EVERY Start Button search.Please help....
  3. Suddenly I see a flash of web results in the START BUTTON every time I search - How to...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Suddenly I see a flash of web results in the START BUTTON every time I search - How to...: When I press START BUTTON and then SPACE, I see this picture.Please make it go away.Normally, I wouldnt care. But now, it flashes very briefly for EVERY Start Button search.Please help....
  4. Suddenly I see a flash of web results in the START BUTTON every time I search - How to...

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. Outlook and iCloud can't connect and freeze on start up on Windows 11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Outlook and iCloud can't connect and freeze on start up on Windows 11: Both Outlook 365 and iCloud for Windows are failing to connect to their servers once i start up both my laptop and desktop. Outlook frezzes when it can't connect but after about 5 minutes it unfreezes and connects. iCloud just fails out and doesn't connect and I can't open my...
  6. Outlook and iCloud can't connect and freeze on start up on Windows 11

Outlook and iCloud can't connect and freeze on start up on Windows 11: Both Outlook 365 and iCloud for Windows are failing to connect to their servers once i start up both my laptop and desktop. Outlook frezzes when it can't connect but after about 5 minutes it unfreezes and connects. iCloud just fails out and doesn't connect and I can't open my...
  7. Outlook and iCloud freeze on start up on Windows 11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Outlook and iCloud freeze on start up on Windows 11: Both Outlook 365 and iCloud for Windows are freezing and failing to connect to their servers once i start up both my laptop and desktop. Outlook finally stops being frozen and connects after about 5 minutes but iCloud just fails out and doesn't connect. If I stop both of them...
  8. Outlook and iCloud freeze on start up on Windows 11

Outlook and iCloud freeze on start up on Windows 11: Both Outlook 365 and iCloud for Windows are freezing and failing to connect to their servers once i start up both my laptop and desktop. Outlook finally stops being frozen and connects after about 5 minutes but iCloud just fails out and doesn't connect. If I stop both of them...
  9. Outlook and iCloud are both freezing on start up on Windows 11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Outlook and iCloud are both freezing on start up on Windows 11: Both Outlook 365 and iCloud for Windows are freezing and failing to connect to their servers once i start up both my laptop and desktop. Outlook finally stops being frozen and connects after about 5 minutes but iCloud just fails out and doesn't connect. This seems to be from...
  10. Outlook and iCloud are both freezing on start up on Windows 11

Outlook and iCloud are both freezing on start up on Windows 11: Both Outlook 365 and iCloud for Windows are freezing and failing to connect to their servers once i start up both my laptop and desktop. Outlook finally stops being frozen and connects after about 5 minutes but iCloud just fails out and doesn't connect. This seems to be from...