Windows 10: Foghorn start

Discus and support Foghorn start in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; This build, 14251 starts after putting in the password with a sound like a ship's foghorn. Is this right? 39292 Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by tinmar49, Jan 31, 2016.

1. tinmar49 Win User

Foghorn start

This build, 14251 starts after putting in the password with a sound like a ship's foghorn. Is this right?

:)

tinmar49, Jan 31, 2016

2. My desktop was replaced with start menu?

First, try Settings>Personalization>Start, toggle off Use Start Full Screen.

Then in the Themes tab, set a Theme.

In addition Microsoft has collected spectacular
    Themes collections
    to download and set as a slideshow. These will install at Control Panel>Personalization>My Themes.

Foghorn start [​IMG]

Foghorn start [​IMG]

Right now I am using a New Zealand nautical theme with ocean, tugboat, foghorn and shorebirds sounds.

Let us know how this goes.

Greg Carmack - Windows MVP, Jan 31, 2016
  3. Sigh.. windows 10 why so encumbrant and not elegant.

Microsoft has collected spectacular
    Themes collections
    to download and set as a slideshow. These will install at Control Panel>Personalization>My Themes.

Foghorn start [​IMG]

Foghorn start [​IMG]

One day I am nautical with spectacular seashores and sounds of seagulls and foghorns replacing default Windows sounds, the next day I am in an Amazon forest with animal sounds for alerts.

Greg Carmack - Windows MVP, Jan 31, 2016
  4. Edwin New Member

Foghorn start

I................... don't think so! *Confused

Edwin, Jan 31, 2016
  5. I've heard that sound before, I think it's a warning of a program or driver not loading correctly... not sure where or how to check, maybe the device manager first... the sound is part of the windows theme as far as I can tell...

kingstonian, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

Foghorn start

1. Foghorn start - Similar Threads - Foghorn start

2. Window 11 Pro keeps asking for activation every start up.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Window 11 Pro keeps asking for activation every start up.: Any solution?The details are attached as a picturehttps://zenithconsultants-my.sharepoint.com/:i:/g/personal/alagha_zenith-consultants_com/EQRPnXDfZ7lMjlTWyTF9clYBQLcFK73yqeK0gNSU4I-Hag?e=VJmvWC...
  3. Window 11 Pro keeps asking for activation every start up.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Window 11 Pro keeps asking for activation every start up.: Any solution?The details are attached as a picturehttps://zenithconsultants-my.sharepoint.com/:i:/g/personal/alagha_zenith-consultants_com/EQRPnXDfZ7lMjlTWyTF9clYBQLcFK73yqeK0gNSU4I-Hag?e=VJmvWC...
  4. What can I do if my computer suddenly start running so slow I can’t even troubleshoot it?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    What can I do if my computer suddenly start running so slow I can’t even troubleshoot it?: The computer worked fine last night, but was a little slow today. I restarted it and now it’s incredibly slow about 30 minutes to load. I can’t bring up settings even in safe mode. Lots of storage space. Very sudden drop in performance....
  5. What can I do if my computer suddenly start running so slow I can’t even troubleshoot it?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    What can I do if my computer suddenly start running so slow I can’t even troubleshoot it?: The computer worked fine last night, but was a little slow today. I restarted it and now it’s incredibly slow about 30 minutes to load. I can’t bring up settings even in safe mode. Lots of storage space. Very sudden drop in performance....
  6. What can I do if my computer suddenly start running so slow I can’t even troubleshoot it?

7. how to start showing history when opening Media Player?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    how to start showing history when opening Media Player?: Media Player sowing history on videos viewed at home for work I downloaded. They should be for me viewing only. I cannot find they option. I like the view but this is a problem for my working at home....
  8. how to start showing history when opening Media Player?

how to start showing history when opening Media Player?: Media Player sowing history on videos viewed at home for work I downloaded. They should be for me viewing only. I cannot find they option. I like the view but this is a problem for my working at home....
  9. Can’t use Command Prompt during start up.

Can’t use Command Prompt during start up.: Hello, I forgot my password to my PC and I followed an online guide to resetting the password by using CMD during start up.However, every time I try to turn on the command centred demands me to input the password of the account.Does anyone know any potential fixes?...
  10. Can’t use Command Prompt during start up.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can’t use Command Prompt during start up.: Hello, I forgot my password to my PC and I followed an online guide to resetting the password by using CMD during start up.However, every time I try to turn on the command centred demands me to input the password of the account.Does anyone know any potential fixes?...