Windows 10: Foghorn start

Discus and support Foghorn start in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; This build, 14251 starts after putting in the password with a sound like a ship's foghorn. Is this right? 39292 Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by tinmar49, Jan 31, 2016.

1. tinmar49 Win User

Foghorn start

This build, 14251 starts after putting in the password with a sound like a ship's foghorn. Is this right?

:)

tinmar49, Jan 31, 2016

2. My desktop was replaced with start menu?

First, try Settings>Personalization>Start, toggle off Use Start Full Screen.

Then in the Themes tab, set a Theme.

In addition Microsoft has collected spectacular
    Themes collections
    to download and set as a slideshow. These will install at Control Panel>Personalization>My Themes.

Foghorn start [​IMG]

Foghorn start [​IMG]

Right now I am using a New Zealand nautical theme with ocean, tugboat, foghorn and shorebirds sounds.

Let us know how this goes.

Greg Carmack - Windows MVP, Jan 31, 2016
  3. Sigh.. windows 10 why so encumbrant and not elegant.

Microsoft has collected spectacular
    Themes collections
    to download and set as a slideshow. These will install at Control Panel>Personalization>My Themes.

Foghorn start [​IMG]

Foghorn start [​IMG]

One day I am nautical with spectacular seashores and sounds of seagulls and foghorns replacing default Windows sounds, the next day I am in an Amazon forest with animal sounds for alerts.

Greg Carmack - Windows MVP, Jan 31, 2016
  4. Edwin New Member

Foghorn start

I................... don't think so! *Confused

Edwin, Jan 31, 2016
  5. I've heard that sound before, I think it's a warning of a program or driver not loading correctly... not sure where or how to check, maybe the device manager first... the sound is part of the windows theme as far as I can tell...

kingstonian, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

Foghorn start

1. Foghorn start - Similar Threads - Foghorn start

2. Recovery Your PC couldn't start properly

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Recovery Your PC couldn't start properly: I got the blue screen of death on my desktop computer, and after multiple attempts it gave me an error code: 0xc0000001. I tried the power down method several times that didn't work. I tried to access the advance option but everytime I restarted my computer to try to get to...
  3. Why windows 11 home edition start button pop up and disappear before clicking and also not...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why windows 11 home edition start button pop up and disappear before clicking and also not...: Why windows 11 home edition start button pop up and disappear before clicking and also not able to type in the address bar. When start typing the address bar will get cleared after each typing....
  4. Why windows 11 home edition start button pop up and disappear before clicking and also not...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Why windows 11 home edition start button pop up and disappear before clicking and also not...: Why windows 11 home edition start button pop up and disappear before clicking and also not able to type in the address bar. When start typing the address bar will get cleared after each typing....
  5. Copilot or edge has made some changes to the start menu.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Copilot or edge has made some changes to the start menu.: When I opened the start menu, I accidentally pressed copilot and after that Norton warned me that edge had “installed” files on the system, but apparently it was harmless. Then when I went to press on my name to lock the screen as usual, I saw that there's just some ****...
  6. Copilot or edge has made some changes to the start menu.

Copilot or edge has made some changes to the start menu.: When I opened the start menu, I accidentally pressed copilot and after that Norton warned me that edge had “installed” files on the system, but apparently it was harmless. Then when I went to press on my name to lock the screen as usual, I saw that there's just some ****...
  7. My PC keeps into BSOD error frequently, it started happening 2 weeks ago and my edge also...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My PC keeps into BSOD error frequently, it started happening 2 weeks ago and my edge also...: https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1GTVvmt2rxN0O09OYH2PqX4ZMnxHFq2mD?usp=sharing https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-pc-keeps-into-bsod-error-frequently-it-started/f5ab3de2-f79d-470b-a66f-2c916410a1f2
  8. My PC keeps into BSOD error frequently, it started happening 2 weeks ago and my edge also...

My PC keeps into BSOD error frequently, it started happening 2 weeks ago and my edge also...: https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1GTVvmt2rxN0O09OYH2PqX4ZMnxHFq2mD?usp=sharing https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-pc-keeps-into-bsod-error-frequently-it-started/f5ab3de2-f79d-470b-a66f-2c916410a1f2
  9. Constant BSOD errors and re-starts - several per day

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Constant BSOD errors and re-starts - several per day: Apologies if wrong place to add this... Constantly getting BSOD and re-starts... Windows 11 reloaded but still receiving BSOD.Here are my minidump files...Hoping someone can...
  10. Constant BSOD errors and re-starts - several per day

Constant BSOD errors and re-starts - several per day: Apologies if wrong place to add this... Constantly getting BSOD and re-starts... Windows 11 reloaded but still receiving BSOD.Here are my minidump files...Hoping someone can...