Windows 10: Foghorn start

Discus and support Foghorn start in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; This build, 14251 starts after putting in the password with a sound like a ship's foghorn. Is this right? 39292 Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by tinmar49, Jan 31, 2016.

1. tinmar49 Win User

Foghorn start

This build, 14251 starts after putting in the password with a sound like a ship's foghorn. Is this right?

:)

tinmar49, Jan 31, 2016

2. My desktop was replaced with start menu?

First, try Settings>Personalization>Start, toggle off Use Start Full Screen.

Then in the Themes tab, set a Theme.

In addition Microsoft has collected spectacular
    Themes collections
    to download and set as a slideshow. These will install at Control Panel>Personalization>My Themes.

Foghorn start [​IMG]

Foghorn start [​IMG]

Right now I am using a New Zealand nautical theme with ocean, tugboat, foghorn and shorebirds sounds.

Let us know how this goes.

Greg Carmack - Windows MVP, Jan 31, 2016
  3. Sigh.. windows 10 why so encumbrant and not elegant.

Microsoft has collected spectacular
    Themes collections
    to download and set as a slideshow. These will install at Control Panel>Personalization>My Themes.

Foghorn start [​IMG]

Foghorn start [​IMG]

One day I am nautical with spectacular seashores and sounds of seagulls and foghorns replacing default Windows sounds, the next day I am in an Amazon forest with animal sounds for alerts.

Greg Carmack - Windows MVP, Jan 31, 2016
  4. Edwin New Member

Foghorn start

I................... don't think so! *Confused

Edwin, Jan 31, 2016
  5. I've heard that sound before, I think it's a warning of a program or driver not loading correctly... not sure where or how to check, maybe the device manager first... the sound is part of the windows theme as far as I can tell...

kingstonian, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

Foghorn start

1. Foghorn start - Similar Threads - Foghorn start

2. How to force Windows to do a Normal Start from boot

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    How to force Windows to do a Normal Start from boot: Hi. I ticked "Diagnostic startup" from msconfig to start in safe mode and check something on my Dell Inspiration 7506. But now, I can't log back in to Windows because neither the PIN or the fingerprint reader works. I figure it's because the fingerprint reader doesn't...
  3. Start up

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Start up: incredibly slow to start up - 2/3 mins and sometimes left with a blank screen, often have to switch off and restart. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/start-up/2ab28d83-e919-4e3a-91a6-9351740b3676
  4. Start menu shortcuts remain after uninstall programs

in Windows 10 Customization
    Start menu shortcuts remain after uninstall programs: I have two shortcuts on my start menu that will not delete/go away after I uninstalled the programs. I have tried all I can think of short of a registry hack. Anyone have a suggestion?...
  5. How do you start computer on safe mode? Windows 10 is 64 bit

How do you start computer on safe mode? Windows 10 is 64 bit: Can you uninstall apps while on safemode? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-you-start-computer-on-safe-mode-windows-10/083284ba-43e6-49bd-94d4-1c9d3e2f1363
  6. plugging in a usb sound continuously beeps on start up

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    plugging in a usb sound continuously beeps on start up: its the plug in sound of a usb only happens on start up and for about 20 seconds continuously then stop and never happens again until next start up is it simply a usb port/the usb getting a crappy connection or is it my pc trying to tell me its dying lol any help would be...
  7. Windows start up app issue

Windows start up app issue: ok so i have disabled some apps on start up in the task manager but still they open on start up, i tried uninstalling and reinstalling also . what should i do? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-start-up-app-issue/dc4093ac-6d98-4ab6-8d0e-1a559379827b
  8. I broke "Start" background process

I broke "Start" background process: So, i didnt know that start was needed to keep my windows menu working..... i thought it was apart of sandboxie and didnt vanish when i uninstalled it, so i edited the permissions of the folder took ownership and tried to delete it but failed, now it wont work at all and i...
  9. Light, dark and custom options don’t show under Settings / Start / Personalization / Colors

Light, dark and custom options don’t show under Settings / Start / Personalization / Colors: I have a Dell All in One desktop. I had to change the original Dell keyboard, as soon as I attached a new one Logitech the screen colors of Microsoft turned black with white font, I have no clue if it is a consequence of changing the keyboard or if that just happened by...
  10. /Surface pro 7 will not start

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    /Surface pro 7 will not start: I have t reset my Microsoft surface pro 7 but I do not know how to find my recovery key https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/surface-pro-7-will-not-start/5a434a1d-b978-406a-a72f-11c3450f3fab