Windows 10: Fold Lock .exe file corrupted not opening.

Discus and support Fold Lock .exe file corrupted not opening. in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I recently created a USB portable locker using Folder Lock , the size is 2.9gb so there is no separate locker file-only a single .exe file which is... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by waitnwatch, Dec 30, 2018.

1. Fold Lock .exe file corrupted not opening.

I recently created a USB portable locker using Folder Lock , the size is 2.9gb so there is no separate locker file-only a single .exe file which is password protected. Suddenly, yesterday while i was using this file my windows crashed and showed blue screen with some pointer error. Now if i try to run that exe file, it says it cannot be run because its corrupted. It has some important files, any help will be appreciated. Please note I am using latest version of Folderlock and windows 10 64bit. I do remember my password, the problem is to get this file to run. I have tried running this exe file in admin mode also, have tried changing few things in regedit plus also tried using 3rd party softwares like easeUS data recovery. The files recovered from there has the same error. I am just looking to recover the data inside this exe file which is protected by folder lock. Thanks

:)

waitnwatch, Dec 30, 2018

2. Corrupted file RAR

If the archive has been created using WinRAR, why don't you try WinRAR itself? It has a built-in repair feature for repairing corrupted archive (ZIP as well as RAR). Follow the steps given below:
    • Open WinRAR application in your system.
    • Now click on File tab > Open or simply press Ctrl+O.
    • A small window "Find Archive" will pop up. Locate the corrupt RAR archive from your system directory and select it.
    • Now click Open button.
    • Click Tools tab > Repair archive or simply press Alt+R.
    • Again a small window "Repairing File name.rar" will pop up.
    • Now click Browse to select a location to save the repaired archive.
    • Check the box "Treat the corrupt archive as RAR" and click OK.
    • WinRAR will start repairing of corrupt RAR archive. Once it gets completed click Close.
    I hope the above steps will help you repair the corrupted RAR archive.

Thanks.

Lincoln Dunne, Dec 30, 2018
  3. erocker Win User
    Exe file slow to open

A SFX archive isn't going to open right away. The files have to be extracted first. When you are opening it in WinRar, it's not extracting the file, it's just reading it which is why it opens right away.

erocker, Dec 30, 2018
  4. Fold Lock .exe file corrupted not opening.

Exe files can only be opened by "run as administrator"

Hi,

Corrupted registry settings, some third-party products, or viruses can change the default configuration for running .exe files. To rectify the issue with opening this particular file type, we suggest that you follow the steps
    below:

• Right-click on the Start button, then choose Command Prompt (Admin) from the menu.
    • Type regedit and press Enter.
    • Go to HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\.exe.
    • Double-click (Default) key, then set the Value data to
      exefile.
    • Scroll down to go to HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\exefile\shell\open\command key.
    • Double-click (Default) key, then set the Value data to “%1” %*.
    • Restart your computer.

Update us if it addressed your issue.

Thank you.

Angela Pun, Dec 30, 2018
Thema:

Fold Lock .exe file corrupted not opening.

1. Fold Lock .exe file corrupted not opening. - Similar Threads - Fold Lock exe

2. EXE file will not open

in Windows 10 Gaming
    EXE file will not open: I recently had some software installed on my computer that was not running well so I uninstalled and tried to reinstall it but the EXE file would no longer open. I googled the issue which references registry issues but having followed troubleshooting steps it still did not...
  3. EXE file will not open

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    EXE file will not open: I recently had some software installed on my computer that was not running well so I uninstalled and tried to reinstall it but the EXE file would no longer open. I googled the issue which references registry issues but having followed troubleshooting steps it still did not...
  4. EXE file will not open

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  5. Unable to open exe file

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Unable to open exe file: .exe file with word icon can't open in windows 10.Showing nothing when try to open.Tried regedit, disable firewall, cmd->assoc .exe=exefile .Using 2013 version of MS Office. Someone please help ,very urgent....
  6. .exe files not opening

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    .exe files not opening: I Recently Got Rid Of Malware On My Windows 10 Laptop, But It Doesn't Let Me Open Any .exe Files Anymore. It Gives Me The Error "Windows can't open this type of file.exe". Does Anyone Know A Solution To This Problem?...
  7. Corrupt exe file

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Corrupt exe file: I have a .exe file on my computer that when I try to delete comes up saying "you need permission from the administrator" even though I am the administrator. Is this a virus? Please let me know how to fix this....
  8. Opening exe file

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Opening exe file: I have upgraded my windows 7 laptop from windows 7 to 10 and now I cannot run exe file by clicking on it or clicking run as administrator , the file doesn't open https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/opening-exe-file/a23ad151-4dca-47b8-8bcd-a9e25a4b44dd
  9. exe files not opening on W10

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    exe files not opening on W10: When I try to open System Mechanic I get the following message:the specified procedure could not be found. Also will not open any downloaded .exe programs or files. Any suggestions? Running W10 with all latest updates....
  10. Certain .exe files will not open

in Windows 10 Support
    Certain .exe files will not open: Hello! I have a slightly odd problem. Certain .exe files (seemingly ones that don't require an install to run) on my laptop refuse to open, responding to different commands in different ways. When I first run them, I get a SmartScreen Filter alert. After pressing 'Run...