Windows 10: folder access blocked...

Discus and support folder access blocked... in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; i am very sad to say this that i ran 1click.cmd program for activating MS office but then i got notification daily that folder access blocked... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by ADDY48629, Aug 28, 2020.

1. ADDY48629 Win User

folder access blocked...

i am very sad to say this that i ran 1click.cmd program for activating MS office but then i got notification daily that folder access blocked conhost.exe,msoia.exe,googleupdate.exe,vpnupdate.exe,avbugreport.exe,cmd.exe,soffice.bin, i got one by one notification of these all exe. that folder access blocked conhost.cmd ,control folder access blocked msoia.exe etc...is this safe to browse these all exe from windows security-add or remove exclusion-browse these all program. or are these trojan please give me suggestion to get rid off these type of notification.

:)

ADDY48629, Aug 28, 2020
  2. Eric Ber Win User

Controlled Folder Access blocked

Hi Aeolus0,

The Controlled Folder Access is an enterprise-class ransomware protection component that was recently added to Windows Defender. When you turn on Controlled folder access, a lot of the folders you use most often will be protected by default. This means that
    content in any of these folders cannot be accessed or changed by any unknown or untrusted apps. Once you add additional folders, they become automatically protected as well. To add protected folders:

• Select Virus & threat protection settings.
    • Under Controlled folder access, select Protected folders.
    • Select Add a protected folder and follow the prompts to add folders.

If you see an App is blocked message when you try to use a familiar app, you can simply unblock the app. If this message displays:

• Write down or take note of the path of the blocked app.
    • Select the message, and then select Add an allowed app.
    • Browse for the program you want to allow access.

As for your query about having no sounds on your computer, it could be caused by an outdated or corrupted audio driver. For us to assist you better, kindly answer the questions below:

• Have you made any changes to your computer prior to this issue?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you done so far?
    • Which version and OS build number of Windows 10 is currently installed? To check, press the
      Windows key, type winver, and press the
      Enter
      key.
    • Have you tried to download and install the latest audio driver from the manufacturer's website of your device?

Meanwhile, you can try the steps in this
    link
    to troubleshoot sound issues on Windows 10.

We'll be looking forward to your reply.

Eric Ber, Aug 28, 2020
  3. enso Win User
    Quick Access not searching Pictures folder

Summary, that last suggestion didn't work.

• I moved the pictures to another folder temporarily.

• Since there were no troubleshooting steps for this scenario, just for the heck of it, I ran through the restore steps. Copied some pictures into the Pictures folder, ran a Quick Access search and initial problem remains: Searching all of QA doesn't find any files in Pictures folder, running search on just the Pictures folder does. I want to run a global search and find matching files in any/all of the Documents, Music, Videos, and Pictures folders.
    That article dates from 2015 and I'm guessing is out of date. I hope it didn't create potential future problems in my registry.

Bottom line: I'm still looking for a fix.

4. AMX& Win User

folder access blocked...

Windows Security - Controlled Folder Access - Recently Blocked App List

Hello,

I thank you for your response. I know how to add and remove apps to and from the controlled folder access. My question is how to remove an app from the "Recently Blocked Apps" list. In Windows 1809 they made it easier to add apps to the controlled folder
    access without having to navigate to the exe. They added a Recently Blocked Apps list you can select from. The steps for Windows 1809 are:

1. Open the Windows Security and click/tap on the Virus & threat protection icon.

2. Click/tap on the Manage ransomware protection link under the Ransomware protection section.

3. Click/tap on the Allow an app through Controlled folder access link.

4. Click/tap on Yes when prompted by UAC to approve.

5. Click/tap on Add an Allowed App (+) sign

6. Click or tap Recently Blocked Apps from the drop down menu. (NEW)

7. Click or tap on the (+) button for the app you want to add from the list. (NEW)

It is this Recently Blocked Folders List I am trying to edit to remove apps I have not authorized and that have been deleted from my PC and are still in this list. I know you can select an allowed app from the controlled folder access list and you will
    see a REMOVE button, which in 1809 will put the app back in the Recently Blocked Apps list if it was there originally. But that same process does not work on the Blocked Apps list.

My question still remains:

How do you delete an app from the "Recently Blocked Apps" list in Windows Security for Windows 1809?

AMX&, Aug 28, 2020
Thema:

folder access blocked...

1. folder access blocked... - Similar Threads - folder access blocked

2. "Protected folder access blocked"

in Windows 10 Gaming
    "Protected folder access blocked": Hi everybody, or Hola Todos. Since middle of last year, I have Rcvd a message informing me of a certain "Blocking" <or> "Protected folder access blocked" and I'm wondering if I need to concern myself with that or not? It's happened about two dozen times now; seven times just...
  3. "Protected folder access blocked"

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    "Protected folder access blocked": Hi everybody, or Hola Todos. Since middle of last year, I have Rcvd a message informing me of a certain "Blocking" <or> "Protected folder access blocked" and I'm wondering if I need to concern myself with that or not? It's happened about two dozen times now; seven times just...
  4. Controlled folder access blocked

Controlled folder access blocked: After updating to the latest version of Windows 10, I got a notification of "controlled folder access blocked". I don't know what this means or what I should do....
  5. Protected folder access blocked

Protected folder access blocked: After updating to the latest version of Windows 10, I got a notification of "protected folder access blocked". I don't know what this means or what I should do....
  6. Controlled Folder Access Blocked

Controlled Folder Access Blocked: Since I installed the latest feature upgrade a few days ago, I have been getting constant messages entitled "Controlled Folder Access Blocked" and I have not been able to make changes to Excel files. I have had these messages for Excel, Explorer, MS Edge, Chrome files. I...
  7. Access blocked to folders/files.

in Windows 10 Support
    Access blocked to folders/files.: For some reason I am running into instances where I cannot open some random folders or files, copy/paste. I've followed every procedure I could find but kept running into various blocks. Windows 10, v1903 [img] [img] [img] [img] [img] 143980
  8. Protected Folder Access Blocked

Protected Folder Access Blocked: Your administrator has blocked this action. App or process blocked: igxpun.exe. Blocked by: Controlled folder access. Is this the legitimate Intel® Graphics Media Accelerator Driver? Thank you....
  9. Controlled folder access blocked

Controlled folder access blocked: All of a sudden over the past couple of weeks, I am getting controlled folder access blocked messages. As time goes by, the messages are coming with increasing frequency. At first it was blocking programs like Foxit and CCleaner. The latest blocks are: Controlled Folder...
  10. Controlled-folder Access Blocked

Controlled-folder Access Blocked: I have started having a message saying "Controlled-folder access blocked" whenever I try to run programs. It says that Windows Defender is blocking them. These are popular programs. I have never had this problem before. I don't know what started causing this or how to fix...