Windows 10: "Folder access denied" C:\Users\<truncated name>\One Drive

Discus and support "Folder access denied" C:\Users\\One Drive in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Unable to delete folder, unable to change permissions, and unable to get One Drive to read to Documents folder correctly. I have attempted five times... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by njrichard, Jul 17, 2015.

1. njrichard Win User

"Folder access denied" C:\Users\\One Drive

Unable to delete folder, unable to change permissions, and unable to get One Drive to read to Documents folder correctly. I have attempted five times and each time it fails. So I try to delete the One Drive folder so I can reboot and try again, and the system will not let me. I am an administrator with my Microsoft Account, but it says I need administrator permission from COMPUTER\<truncated name>.

:)

njrichard, Jul 17, 2015
  2. Canoeist Win User

windows 10 spider solitaire no reset button

Unfortunately not, I found the folder C:\Users\<user name>\AppData\Local\Packages\ ok but not any file starting with "Microsoft.MicrosoftSolitaireCollection". So I am still waiting for Microsoft to step up to the plate on this one.

Canoeist, Jul 17, 2015
  3. Can't find Bookmarks on Chrome

Possibly. On the old hard drive check here -

Make sure you show hidden folders.

Smittychat., Jul 17, 2015
  4. DKW
    DKW Win User

5. njrichard Win User
    Tried that, but it still is not working. I tried three times, even activated the administrator account to try, and received the same message as administrator.

njrichard, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. "Folder access denied" C:\Users\\One Drive - Similar Threads - Folder access denied

2. C:\ drive access denied

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    C:\ drive access denied: I can't open the C:\ drive, this is after auto repair of the laptop. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/c-drive-access-denied/e50b6564-56dd-40d6-934c-3a5a1e394e3a
  3. Denying Access to a Folder, for one Family Win10 User

Denying Access to a Folder, for one Family Win10 User: I am interested in denying access to a particular folder on my Window 10 PC. I right-clicked on the folder, chose the security tab, but then I saw "Users" but it didn't list any users....
  4. User Name Truncated

in Windows 10 Customization
    User Name Truncated: I just bought a new computer with Windows 10 loaded. I signed in with my email address *** Email address is removed for privacy ***. My folder is now called \user\itsmy and, truncated, it's really odd and annoying to see it truncated down to 5 characters. I am seeing some...
  5. Access Denied to Numerous Folders on c: drive!

Access Denied to Numerous Folders on c: drive!: Hi, I am having an issue recently where numerous folders and/or sub-folders on my c: drive will not allow access when I try to open them in Explorer. I get the following error: [ATTACH] There are other folders that generate the same error, including several in the...
  6. User name got truncated

in Windows 10 Customization
    User name got truncated: When I was setting up my new Win 10 computer I was asked to enter my user name. Supposed to be campingshadow. But when I was entering it I got as far as campi and accidentally hit the enter key. Now my user name is set as campi. HOW do I fix this? When I go in and try to...
  7. Access to C drive is denied

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Access to C drive is denied: Access to C drive is denied, Cannot take ownership, right clicking on it freezes the laptop for 15 sec and access denied message pops up https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/access-to-c-drive-is-denied/e8ce725f-eb6a-4dd6-b9e9-b3871e097ae2
  8. Access to Drive C: denied

Access to Drive C: denied: I run Windows 10 and seem to have mistakenly changed some security settings which has resulted in me being denied access to drive C unable to run programs such as MS office apps. Oddly, there are some programs that still works though. After trying most of what I have found...
  9. access is denied in one drive

access is denied in one drive: What in the gdh are you doing to me you $%#&^%$# I need my damned files. WhAT IN THE &^%$#&^%$# ARE YOU DOING ? FIX IT RIGHT DFAMNED NOW YOU IDIOTSA https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/access-is-denied-in-one-drive/68ee85bc-c883-4235-b693-6a548cdd3b47"
  10. C drive access denied

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    C drive access denied: I was trying to keep my 120 gig ssd drive just for windows. I have a 1 terabyte hard drive for the rest. In the process I locked myself out. Anything I try to do I get access denied. I still have admin rights, but its worthless. I cant even trouble shoot. Ive tried 4...