Windows 10: folder access & file access

Discus and support folder access & file access in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; Hi, I was using a portable hard drive when using desktop computers at uni. Now, random folders are access denied whilst many others aren't: "You... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by TomFO77, Sep 16, 2019.

1. TomFO77 Win User

folder access & file access

Hi,

I was using a portable hard drive when using desktop computers at uni.

Now, random folders are access denied whilst many others aren't:

"You don't currently have permission to access this folder". > "Click continue to permanently get access to this folder"

I checked with the IT department, and when they insert their logins, they can change permission settings for that specific folder and across the uni I can now access those folders. However, when I use the portable drive on my laptop, I cannot access these folders.

There's just too many folders to check one by one.

Since the same instant I also get the following message when opening some excel files, just a few, bit typically those that I used most frequently:

"Excel cannot open the file "name.xlsx" because the file format or file extension is not valid. Verify that the file has not been corrupted and that the file extension matches the format of the file

Any help greatly appreciated!

Tom

:)

TomFO77, Sep 16, 2019
  2. j.col70 Win User
    j.col70, Sep 16, 2019
  3. DRDNA Win User
    Recover access database

Looks like you will need to rebuild the whole thing but at least you have the data still, right?
    EDIT: Wait did you try this?

Convert a database to the Access 2007 file format

http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/a...-the-access-2007-file-format-HA010048406.aspx

You cannot convert a replicated database to the Office Access 2007 file format. However, you can use Access 2007 to create a replica of a database that is formatted in either the Access 2000 or the Access 2002 - 2003 file format.

More copy and paste:
    [paste:font size="5"]Convert an Access 97 database, Convert an Access 95 database, or Convert an Access 2.0 database.
    • Click the Microsoft Office Button
      folder access & file access [​IMG]
      , point to Save As, and then, under Save the database in another format, click the file format to which you want to convert.
    • If any database objects are open when you use the Save Database As command, Access prompts you to close them prior to creating the copy. Click Yes to make Access close the objects, or click No to cancel the entire process. If needed, Access will also prompt you to save any changes.
    • In the Save As dialog box, type a file name in the File name box, and then click Save.
    Access creates the copy of the database, and then opens the copy. Access automatically closes the original database.

Here is a short and sweet version: http://www.ehow.com/how_7339817_convert-2003-database-access-2007.html

DRDNA, Sep 16, 2019
  4. enso Win User

Quick Access not searching Pictures folder

Summary, that last suggestion didn't work.

• I moved the pictures to another folder temporarily.

• Since there were no troubleshooting steps for this scenario, just for the heck of it, I ran through the restore steps. Copied some pictures into the Pictures folder, ran a Quick Access search and initial problem remains: Searching all of QA doesn't find any files in Pictures folder, running search on just the Pictures folder does. I want to run a global search and find matching files in any/all of the Documents, Music, Videos, and Pictures folders.
    That article dates from 2015 and I'm guessing is out of date. I hope it didn't create potential future problems in my registry.

Bottom line: I'm still looking for a fix.

Thema:

1. folder access & file access - Similar Threads - folder access file

2. Accessing Folders and Files

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Accessing Folders and Files: Around 18 months ago I found myself locked out of some of my files. The response was as usual very helpful Access to l:\NAME OF FOLDER\NAMEOF FILE was denied. I did all of the usual things, taking ownership, allowing access, creating new users to allow access, run command...
  3. Deny Access To Folder and Files

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Deny Access To Folder and Files: Hi, I want to deny total access to the folder, its subfolders and its contents. There are many files in the folder. But only the folder is processed. What is wrong with this command line? icacls "C:\Users\John\Pictures\Folder" /deny "John":(RX,W) /t /c I even tried :...
  4. folder access

folder access: Hi, I have a problem....I added an SSD drive to my laptop and tried to redirect the location where the DesKtop, Downloads and music folders are stored to the hard drive, but somehow ended up merging the three folders together. Now anything I add to one of these folders...
  5. Access blocked to folders/files.

in Windows 10 Support
    Access blocked to folders/files.: For some reason I am running into instances where I cannot open some random folders or files, copy/paste. I've followed every procedure I could find but kept running into various blocks. Windows 10, v1903 [img] [img] [img] [img] [img] 143980
  6. accessing a folder

accessing a folder: i have windows 10 64 bit os i am trying to access a folder that i had access to before but when i click on it i get a message that access is denied. that the folder is not accessible when i go to the security tab it says i must have read permission to view the properties of...
  7. Folder and file access

Folder and file access: For some reason I am unable to access folders or files on my PC - I am administrator etc. but I keep getting messages that I am not authorised to access the folder. This is true of the documents folder too and a lot of my work is contained there! any suggestions?...
  8. No file or folder access

No file or folder access: I recently built a new computer. I created a user 'Mike' with administrator type access. It's the only user on this computer. I am being restricted from accessing some of my files and folders. If I try to change or delete a file I get a 'File Access Denied' Same thing happens...
  9. Access to shared folders but no access to save or move files

Access to shared folders but no access to save or move files: Clean install of w10. I am signed in w/a local account which is also an admin account on the PC I'm saving/moving too. I have read/write access to these folders but I cannot save to the folders. Any idea what's going on? [img] 18849
  10. Access denied to folders and files

in Windows 10 Support
    Access denied to folders and files: Runnin win 10 since 2 weeks. Trying to copy all files from external HD to new second internal HD. some files copied no problem, other files and folders will either not copy (administrator rights) or are outright "access denied". All are films, no programs. I got full...