Windows 10: Folder Added to History Backup

Discus and support Folder Added to History Backup in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I have my PC using the Windows Backup that is included in the Setting>Update>backup. The backup is working but there is a folder crested " Holding"... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Neil13764, Sep 19, 2020.

1. Neil13764 Win User

Folder Added to History Backup

I have my PC using the Windows Backup that is included in the Setting>Update>backup.

The backup is working but there is a folder crested " Holding" which appears as part of my backup data but I do not have that folder and also it appears that the data in that folder is already included in other folders of the backup. I have this same issue on 2 different PCs.

Please advise

:)

Neil13764, Sep 19, 2020
  2. TalonK Win User

File history error when adding a folder to backup list.

I setup file history on a friends PC today and it appears to be working with the default backup list.

His PC has a second hard drive in it that contains about 200 GB of photos, when I try and add this folder to the backup list I get an error 0x80070032.

Just to test I tried adding the folder to the exclude list and it allowed me to add it there without issue.

I removed it from the exclude list and tried again to add it to the backup list and got the same error message.

Any ideas of what to look for?

Thanks,

Ken

TalonK, Sep 19, 2020
  3. Unable to remove folders from File History backups

I have revisited this issue, having abandoned File History for Windows 7 Backup some time ago. It seems like my original issue with File History has been fixed.

Steps I took:

• Switch off File History in Metro Control Panel
    • Click "More options"
    • Click "Stop using this drive" (Control Panel shuts down at this point)
    • Delete all files on backup drive
    • Click "Add a drive" in File History in Metro Control Panel and choose your backup drive
    • Turn off File History
    • Click "More options"
    • Remove all folders that aren't Libraries (one by one - tedious). Typically this will be everything except Documents, Music, Pictures, Videos, Camera Roll and Saved Pictures
    • Click the back arrow
    • Enable File History
    • Click "More options"
    • Click "Back up now"

File History will get busy backing up at this point, and "More options" will not load. However once the the backup has completed, "More options" will load, and all the non-library folders will not be re-added. Success!

Similar instructions were posted previously but they did not resolve the issue for me at the time. However, they do now, so it must have been updated.

I have found one important remaining issue: if all folders are removed from the backup, the libraries will be automatically re-added. This in itself is not an issue. What is an issue is that when the folders are automatically re-added, incremental backups
    are disabled and every time a backup is run, a full copy of every library will be made and the backup drive space will be exhausted very quickly. This (new) issue needs to be fixed.

Donny Murgatroyd, Sep 19, 2020
  4. Leen76 Win User

Backup These Folders in File History

My Pictures and My Videos folders are inside the My Documents folder. In File History all three folders are listed in the Backup These Folders list. Does this mean that because of this, files in Pictures and Videos are backuped twice? Once when backing up
    My Documents and once when backing up My Pictures and My Videos (included in My Documents)

Leen76, Sep 19, 2020
Thema:

1. Folder Added to History Backup - Similar Threads - Folder Added History

2. File History for Backup

in Windows 10 Gaming
    File History for Backup: Are there any complete instructions how File History works and how one is to retrieve documents when needed. Also how to eliminate files when File History back up drive is full. Thanks.... RDH...
  3. File history error when adding a folder to backup list.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    File history error when adding a folder to backup list.: I setup file history on a friends PC today and it appears to be working with the default backup list. His PC has a second hard drive in it that contains about 200 GB of photos, when I try and add this folder to the backup list I get an error 0x80070032. Just to test I tried...
  4. Unable to add folders to File History Backup

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Unable to add folders to File History Backup: Hi everyone, hopefully this is the right place to post. I’m trying to create a backup as part of a course and I’m running into issues. The assignment specifies using backup and restore (windows 7) for this, but when I click on setup backup nothing happens. The spinning wheel...
  5. file history, adding folders to backup

file history, adding folders to backup: How do you backup file history? windows 10 pro https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/file-history-adding-folders-to-backup/b3568a24-a3c3-48dd-a5c6-e625870bcd15
  6. File History Backup and Appdata folders

File History Backup and Appdata folders: I have two home computers both on an Office 365 subscription, Windows 10. Many ‘C:\...User’ folders are included in ‘File History, Backup’ by default but the ‘User\AppData’ folder is not. Is it a good idea to include any of the AppData folders in backups? For example,...
  7. How to add "Documents" folder to File History backup

How to add "Documents" folder to File History backup: I don't need a complete backup of my hard drive...just specific files, etc. - like my Documents, Pictures, etc....any way to do this with the "File History" backup option?...
  8. File History Backup not backing entire contents of a folder

File History Backup not backing entire contents of a folder: Trying to use File History both a timeline type versioning and also as a full backup. Set up new drive and turned File History on and it worked, but only partly. As one example, a folder on my computer has 61 items in folder. When I go to the backup folder on the new backup...
  9. How to add specific folders to "Backup - File History"?

How to add specific folders to "Backup - File History"?: I can't backup any specific folders in my Documents folder unless the Documents folder itself is backed up. Otherwise trying to add them does nothing. Adding the Documents folder to the backup list causes my other folders to appear on the list. Why is this? Am I expected to...
  10. Backup Files and Folders with File History in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Backup Files and Folders with File History in Windows 10: How to: Backup Files and Folders with File History in Windows 10 How to Manually Create a File History Backup in Windows 10 [img] Information File History was first introduced in Windows 8, and has been improved in Windows 10. You can use File History to...