Windows 10: Folder always coming back after restart

Discus and support Folder always coming back after restart in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; sorry for my bad english, I have an empty folder on drive D, after I delete it, it comes back again, I have tried various methods but it still can't,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by AgusKrisna, Mar 20, 2020.

1. Folder always coming back after restart

sorry for my bad english, I have an empty folder on drive D, after I delete it, it comes back again, I have tried various methods but it still can't, is there a solution?

:)

AgusKrisna, Mar 20, 2020
  2. monim1 Win User

EMUI

Here's the steps to update EMUI 4.1.1 to 5.0 :
    • Download the EMUI 5.0(desired version) .zip file, and unzip it.
    • Place the .hwt file in the HWThemes folder from your phone.
    • Using the Themes app, apply the new theme.
    • Restart the phone, in order to see all the new changes.
    And you’re done!

monim1, Mar 20, 2020
  3. enso Win User
    Quick Access not searching Pictures folder

Summary, that last suggestion didn't work.

• I moved the pictures to another folder temporarily.

• Since there were no troubleshooting steps for this scenario, just for the heck of it, I ran through the restore steps. Copied some pictures into the Pictures folder, ran a Quick Access search and initial problem remains: Searching all of QA doesn't find any files in Pictures folder, running search on just the Pictures folder does. I want to run a global search and find matching files in any/all of the Documents, Music, Videos, and Pictures folders.
    That article dates from 2015 and I'm guessing is out of date. I hope it didn't create potential future problems in my registry.

Bottom line: I'm still looking for a fix.

4. Folder always coming back after restart

Downloads folder is the Documents folder

Hi Chris,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

I suggest you to Restore to Default the folders and document settings and see if it helps.

Step 1:

Please follow below steps and check if it helps.

• Go to Download folder.
    • Right click on the Download Folder and go to Properties.
    • In Properties go to Location tab.
    • In location Tab Click on Restore Default.

Step 2:

Please follow below steps and check if it helps.

• Go to Documents folder.
    • Right click on the Document folder and go to Properties.
    • In Properties go to Location tab.
    • In location Tab Click on Restore Default.
    After performing above steps change the settings as you required and check if it helps.

Hope these information helps, please get back to us for future support, we’ll be glad to assist you further.

Thank you.

Prabhavathi Patil, Mar 20, 2020
Thema:

Folder always coming back after restart

1. Folder always coming back after restart - Similar Threads - Folder always coming

2. deleted files keep coming back after restart

in Windows 10 Gaming
    deleted files keep coming back after restart: I installed valorant to my pc but riot client always stuck at 0.1kb/s and always stop at 24%highest i've got was 31% now i've deleted it manually since i don't know how to stop it, i've also deleted multiple remnant files of riot client and valorant on safe boot since i'm...
  3. deleted files keep coming back after restart

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    deleted files keep coming back after restart: I installed valorant to my pc but riot client always stuck at 0.1kb/s and always stop at 24%highest i've got was 31% now i've deleted it manually since i don't know how to stop it, i've also deleted multiple remnant files of riot client and valorant on safe boot since i'm...
  4. Deleted Files come back after computer restarts

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Deleted Files come back after computer restarts: A folder on my computer not in my C: drive has about 90 GB of files that I can't delete without force deleting them. Every time I turn on my computer the files come back. I have run chkdsk multiple times, I have deleted the files from recycle bin, etc and they still come...
  5. Deleted Files come back after computer restarts

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Deleted Files come back after computer restarts: A folder on my computer not in my C: drive has about 90 GB of files that I can't delete without force deleting them. Every time I turn on my computer the files come back. I have run chkdsk multiple times, I have deleted the files from recycle bin, etc and they still come...
  6. Deleted Files come back after computer restarts

7. Drive D not appearing after restart but comes back after shut down and reboot.

Drive D not appearing after restart but comes back after shut down and reboot.: Running Windows 11 on a Dell Laptop.After hitting restart, my drive D SSD doesn't show up in disk management. If I do a full shut down and reboot it's there and fine. Ran a few scan utilities and not seeing any drive errors. All software and firmware is up to date....
  8. Folder keeps on coming back after deletion

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Folder keeps on coming back after deletion: have a bit of an issue with a folder on my desktop. I keep on deleting and it keeps on coming back. I installed Norton. Didnt pick up any viruses or malware. Scanned computer with safety scanner. Nothing was picked up. Driving me nuts. I installed latest Win10 updates. No...
  9. Srttrail.txt always coming back

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Srttrail.txt always coming back: Hello everyone! I am currently having issues with my new pc. I bought it a few months ago and I recently started to have the Srttrail.txt error even after reinstalling the operative system completely. I have used this and similar methods to try and fix it....
  10. Deleted folder keep coming back after restarting

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Deleted folder keep coming back after restarting: Couldn't find a solution for this problem. Whenever I restart my laptop, a folder I delete keep coming back. Its not in the same path as my OS and I already scanned using Windows Defender and MalwareBytes. I dont think another app is using this folder because I used it to...