Windows 10: Folder and file auto suggest

Discus and support Folder and file auto suggest in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Since the last update i cant get auto suggest to work when searching in folders. For example open my music folder, search for Eric Clapton and i would... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by JesterFX, Mar 24, 2020.

1. JesterFX Win User

Folder and file auto suggest

Since the last update i cant get auto suggest to work when searching in folders. For example open my music folder, search for Eric Clapton and i would usually be given files based on what i was typing without having to hit enter or even finish the name. Any ideas?

THIS IS NOT THE INTERNET EXPLORER AUTOCOMPLETE. I have tried that.

TIA

:)

JesterFX, Mar 24, 2020

2. Delete auto suggestions

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

As per the issue description you are wiling to delete Auto suggestion of previous search suggestions on Internet Explorer. I would suggest you to try the steps provided below and see if it helps you to fix the issue.

• Open Internet Explorer.
    • Click on Tools (Ring) icon at the right top.
    • Click on the Advanced tab then scroll down to Enable Suggested Sites and uncheck the box to turn it off then click Ok.

Folder and file auto suggest 451x569x3suggest.png.pagespeed.gp+jp+jw+pj+js+rj+rp+rw+ri+cp+md.ic.ovy3-RQK8e.png

• Close Internet Explorer and restart it and see if it brings any difference.

Hope this would help. If issue still persists post back with the information required, current status of your computer and result of the proposed suggestion, we will be happy to assist you.

Regards,

Ramesh.Kumar, Mar 24, 2020
  3. Johan45 Win User
    AMD FX OC'ers Club

That's what the auto setting will do since you're over the 1333 mark it jumps to the next step which isn't listed or officially supported I assume by that ram.

At this point though I would suggest dropping the multi one step or .5 so that we can get something stable and possibly take the heat issue out of the picture for now.

Johan45, Mar 24, 2020
  4. Folder and file auto suggest

Auto Suggest - Old email addresses

Hello,

Thank you for the update.

As per the query, I would suggest you to once try the suggestions from the following link and check if it helps.

Turn on or off Auto-Complete List name suggestions

Do let us know if you need any further assistance, we will be glad to assist you.

Harkanwar Singh, Mar 24, 2020
Thema:

Folder and file auto suggest

1. Folder and file auto suggest - Similar Threads - Folder file auto

2. Windows Security - Suggestion: add and option to "Auto Quarantine" files

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Windows Security - Suggestion: add and option to "Auto Quarantine" files: When Defender identifies malware users are required to click on a [Start Actions] button to have such files quarantined. This for each and every malware file. This may be a bit cumbersome when performing an extensive unattended scan, such as a complete drive. Suggestion: add...
  3. Start Menu Folder Suggestion

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Start Menu Folder Suggestion: To start this off, I hate the Windows 11 Start Menu. It seems super cluttered, and I question, why isn't there a method to create folders, like on a mobile device, or even WINDOWS 10! Yes, we can insert folders from file explorer which opens up a new tab. But wouldn't just...
  4. Start Menu Folder Suggestion

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Start Menu Folder Suggestion: To start this off, I hate the Windows 11 Start Menu. It seems super cluttered, and I question, why isn't there a method to create folders, like on a mobile device, or even WINDOWS 10! Yes, we can insert folders from file explorer which opens up a new tab. But wouldn't just...
  5. Suggestion Windows Folder

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Suggestion Windows Folder: Hello thereI'm worried since 2020 DecemberWhy can windows folder or registry easily be deleted?!is it possible to coding that it will be hidden?Suggestion to the developerssorry if i ask too much but i got problems with it daily for now...
  6. Auto install of downloaded files in Download folder.

Auto install of downloaded files in Download folder.: How do you stop the auto installation of downloaded files in the Download folder? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/auto-install-of-downloaded-files-in-download/3cf2007b-164a-47df-b7a9-705636d695dc
  7. search folder suggestions

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    search folder suggestions: Since the last update i cant get auto suggest to work when searching in folders. For example open my music folder, search for Eric Clapton and i would usually be given files based on what i was typing without having to hit enter or even finish the name. Any ideas? TIA...
  8. how to auto arrange PDF files in a folder

how to auto arrange PDF files in a folder: How to auto arrange PDF files in a folder https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-auto-arrange-pdf-files-in-a-folder/800cb9df-019c-4869-b607-e77226ceefd7"
  9. Auto Extract Winrar File on Certain Folder

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Auto Extract Winrar File on Certain Folder: Dear All, Is there any program or application to auto extract winrar file on certain folder? For example if we added a winrar file on that folder, then the file will automatically extracted into specified folder. Thank you in advance omega Boost 101163
  10. Run Command Box not Auto-Saving Suggestions

in Windows 10 Support
    Run Command Box not Auto-Saving Suggestions: I know the run box was saving my entries in the auto-suggestion menu when I first purchased my machine (system one) but I don't know when it stopped, a recent update perhaps? This first snip shows my entry for regedit and the result after I tested three times to see if...