Windows 10: folder appeared

Discus and support folder appeared in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; [img] Hello Everyone This folder ESP (F) (see attached) has just appeared on my file explorer, what is it and can it be deleted. Regards 70826 Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by calmat, Nov 25, 2016.

1. calmat Win User

folder appeared

folder appeared [​IMG]
    Hello Everyone

This folder ESP (F) (see attached) has just appeared on my file explorer, what is it and can it be deleted.

Regards

:)

calmat, Nov 25, 2016
  2. FM492 Win User

2 arrows appeared on my folder icons

how do i get rid of this, becuase i have not syncronised

FM492, Nov 25, 2016
  3. tdug Win User
    2 arrows appeared on my folder icons

Synchronized ?

4. Bree New Member

folder appeared

ESP usually stands for EFI System Partition, definitely you should not delete this. This partition should normally not have a drive letter associated with it. There have been other reports of it mysteriously gaining the letter 'F' in File Explorer but (curiously) not shown as having a drive letter in Drive Manager. If that is the case for you then...

http://superuser.com/questions/11130...-in-windows-10

5. EdTittel Win User
    Bree: How do you find this stuff? Great call/catch!
    --Ed--

EdTittel, Nov 25, 2016
  6. Bree New Member
    I seem to have the knack of asking Google exactly the right questions *Smile

7. mrgeek Win User
    The hidden files get assigned a letter sometimes, if you try to mount any ISO via Explorer r-click. My 'mystery' drive letter is almost always 'Z'. You can simply remove the letter and the essential file will once again be hidden by:

Open command prompt (admin), type at each step, observing spaces-
    diskpart (hit Enter)
    list volume (hit Enter)
    select volume # (corresponding to one you want to disassociate, in this case, 4 & hit Enter)
    remove letter=F (Enter)
    list volume (to double-check that this worked)

folder appeared [​IMG]

DONE

mrgeek, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

folder appeared

1. folder appeared - Similar Threads - folder appeared

2. Downloads Appearing In Downloads Folder And On Desktop

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Downloads Appearing In Downloads Folder And On Desktop: Hi,I had to reinstall W11 a few days ago and, since then, my downloads are appearing in downloads folder and on desktop. If I delete the files from the desktop, they delete from the downloads folder too.I have browsed the Forum and tried a few suggested fixes for similar...
  3. Downloads Appearing In Downloads Folder And On Desktop

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Downloads Appearing In Downloads Folder And On Desktop: Hi,I had to reinstall W11 a few days ago and, since then, my downloads are appearing in downloads folder and on desktop. If I delete the files from the desktop, they delete from the downloads folder too.I have browsed the Forum and tried a few suggested fixes for similar...
  4. Files and folders appear in reverse order for Save As

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Files and folders appear in reverse order for Save As: When I want to SAVE AS the folder menu that pops up presents the folders in reverse order upside down with files listed first and then folders . How do i fix it that the list of folders and files that opens is the same view as in documents...
  5. Files and folders appear in reverse order for Save As

Files and folders appear in reverse order for Save As: When I want to SAVE AS the folder menu that pops up presents the folders in reverse order upside down with files listed first and then folders . How do i fix it that the list of folders and files that opens is the same view as in documents...
  6. Files and folders appear in reverse order for Save As

in Windows 10 Customization
  7. Trying to change folder icon causes it to appear as control panel icon. Windows 10

Trying to change folder icon causes it to appear as control panel icon. Windows 10: Recently, I've been trying to personalize my desktop. Everything was going fine until I tried to change my folder icons. I changed 4 of them successfully but trying to change the fifth one for some reason causes it to appear as the default control panel icon. For a moment it...
  8. Trying to change folder icon causes it to appear as control panel icon. Windows 10

in Windows 10 Customization
    Trying to change folder icon causes it to appear as control panel icon. Windows 10: Recently, I've been trying to personalize my desktop. Everything was going fine until I tried to change my folder icons. I changed 4 of them successfully but trying to change the fifth one for some reason causes it to appear as the default control panel icon. For a moment it...
  9. Trying to change folder icon causes it to appear as control panel icon. Windows 10

in Windows 10 Gaming
  10. The One drive company icon and related shared folders does not appear any more see screenshot

The One drive company icon and related shared folders does not appear any more see screenshot: I remember that I could see company one drive on the leftsee screen. Is there any advice to make it reappear not in the quick access menu https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/the-one-drive-company-icon-and-related-shared/6b73fcab-3ee4-4a3f-addb-296181f488c3