Windows 10: Folder appears unknown

Discus and support Folder appears unknown in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; 2 New folders have appeared unknown source, and will not delete. Admin (PC) and bev (joe-pc). They also appear under software in device manager.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Brad Gaylord, Jan 13, 2019.

1. Folder appears unknown

2 New folders have appeared unknown source, and will not delete.

Admin (PC) and bev (joe-pc).

They also appear under software in device manager. What gives? I have Bitdefender AV. I cannot ID which folder they are under. Listed under "This PC"

:)

Brad Gaylord, Jan 13, 2019

2. How to make a Uber Hidden Folder

• Make a new folder.
    • Change the icon to a blank icon. No icon should appear
    • Rename the folder to a blank by pressing "alt + 255." (NOTE: Press 255 on the numpad) No text should appear.
    • Your done! It is uber hidden. *Big Grin Folder appears unknown :D

PVTCaboose1337, Jan 13, 2019
  3. mrgeek Win User
    folder appeared

The hidden files get assigned a letter sometimes, if you try to mount any ISO via Explorer r-click. My 'mystery' drive letter is almost always 'Z'. You can simply remove the letter and the essential file will once again be hidden by:

Open command prompt (admin), type at each step, observing spaces-
    diskpart (hit Enter)
    list volume (hit Enter)
    select volume # (corresponding to one you want to disassociate, in this case, 4 & hit Enter)
    remove letter=F (Enter)
    list volume (to double-check that this worked)

Folder appears unknown [​IMG]

DONE

mrgeek, Jan 13, 2019
  4. Folder appears unknown

New unknown users have appeared in my Users folder.

I had to enable "Show hidden hidden files" in order to install Wizcrafts' latest Spam Filters for Mailwasher.

There are two new users there. They were created dated today, when I first switched the computer on.

What are they?

Syncopator, Jan 13, 2019
Thema:

Folder appears unknown

1. Folder appears unknown - Similar Threads - Folder appears unknown

2. Unknown Folders

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Unknown Folders: Hello ! its me a Microsoft user.I have a issue in my system.Suddenly two unknown folders appear on my display .When I tried to delete them they disappear for some moment and when I refresh my display again They appear again.When I right click on them only three options were...
  3. Unknown Folders

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unknown Folders: Hello ! its me a Microsoft user.I have a issue in my system.Suddenly two unknown folders appear on my display .When I tried to delete them they disappear for some moment and when I refresh my display again They appear again.When I right click on them only three options were...
  4. Unknown Folders

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Unknown Folder

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Unknown Folder: I was searching the program filesx86 folder to delete a programBecause the program uninstaller won't work, neither the control panel or the settings appBut I came across this fileGreenetworksKitemuI never installed this program before, and never saw it as a Windows ProcessSo...
  6. Unknown Folder

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unknown Folder: I was searching the program filesx86 folder to delete a programBecause the program uninstaller won't work, neither the control panel or the settings appBut I came across this fileGreenetworksKitemuI never installed this program before, and never saw it as a Windows ProcessSo...
  7. Unknown Folder

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  8. An unknown folder

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    An unknown folder: When I delete some of my pdf files from my external disk, they continue to appear in a folder. Drive's partition is F: and folder's path is F:\$Recycle.bin. I can see the deleted files and they have also $ sign in front of them. Would you please explain how to get rid of...
  9. New unknown users have appeared in my Users folder.

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    New unknown users have appeared in my Users folder.: I had to enable "Show hidden hidden files" in order to install Wizcrafts' latest Spam Filters for Mailwasher. There are two new users there. They were created dated today, when I first switched the computer on. What are they? [img] [img] [img] 86457
  10. UnKnown folders

in Windows 10 Support
    UnKnown folders: Hello all, can someone please tell me if these folders are important and why did MS make them ? Thanks [img] 22928