Windows 10: Folder attributes

Discus and support Folder attributes in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Need to be able to easily add/change attributes, e.g selecting a bunch of files and being able to say what week or semester they are in, saves having... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Zineffable, Jul 20, 2021.

1. Folder attributes

Need to be able to easily add/change attributes, e.g selecting a bunch of files and being able to say what week or semester they are in, saves having to create daunting folder structures

:)

Zineffable, Jul 20, 2021
  2. ReyKenobi Win User

Date Attributes of Parent Folder based on Child Folder Attributes

Hi,

Running Windows 10 ver 1909 (build 18363.1256)

I am looking for a way to change Date Attributes (at the very least, the Date Created attribute) of a series of Folders. Each folder has one or more sub-folders that have a date in the Folder Name, and each of their Date Created attribute reflects this same date too.

I would like the Parent Folder to have the latest Date Created of its sub-folders.

Example:
    Parent Folder:
    • Project-XYZ

Child Folders:
    • SubTask - 2019-08-07 - Title - Otherinfo
    • SubTask - 2021-02-05 - Title - Otherinfo
    • SubTask - 2020-06-19 - Title - Otherinfo

I would like the Date Created timestamp of Project-XYZ to be the latest from the SubTask folders, which in this case would be 2021-02-05.

Please note: I don't want the date reflected in the folder name, but in the Date Created attribute.

ReyKenobi, Jul 20, 2021
  3. Change file attribute to 'unhide'

Hello Walt,

Thank you for posting your concern in Microsoft Community and welcome to the Windows 10 Family.

I suggest you to follow the below steps to change the attribute of any file/folder to unhide.

Step A: Show Hidden files

1. Open Windows Explorer(win logo key+E) or My computer.

2. Now click on View on top of the window.
    3. Untick ‘Hidden items’ in the options.

Step B: Change file attribute

1. Once the hidden file is located, right click on the file/folder you want to change the attribute for.

2. Go to ‘properties’, untick the box facing hidden.

3. Now, Click on ‘apply’ and then ‘ok’.

Hope it helps.

Thank You.

Sayan_Ghosh, Jul 20, 2021
  4. Folder attributes

changing file and folder attributes

Continuing the theme of changing attributes....
    i now realise that certain file attributes can’t be user defund, as they are read only....
    But it seems gilders are even worse.....I have 12 folders January to December.......but windows list these alphabetically......such that April is first followed by August.

cant see any way of changing the sort order, although there may be a way to sort by an attribute, but it seems that It is NOT possible to assign ANY folder attributes......nothing much has changed in this matter since XP....

unless anyone one knows differently

reddwarf4ever, Jul 20, 2021
Thema:

Folder attributes

1. Folder attributes - Similar Threads - Folder attributes

2. How does win 10 control folder attributes?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How does win 10 control folder attributes?: I was in the process of changing jpgs in the meta data of my mp3 collection. I'd finished several hundred before the updates stopped taking. I tried dropping to dos and used the attribute -r command to fix this. Although I didn't get an error the change did not take place. In...
  3. How does win 10 control folder attributes?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    How does win 10 control folder attributes?: I was in the process of changing jpgs in the meta data of my mp3 collection. I'd finished several hundred before the updates stopped taking. I tried dropping to dos and used the attribute -r command to fix this. Although I didn't get an error the change did not take place. In...
  4. How does win 10 control folder attributes?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Organize folders by numeric attribute. Assigning number to folder.

Organize folders by numeric attribute. Assigning number to folder.: I'm looking for a way to organize files/folders in a numeric order without changing the name of the file/folders.The end result would be i could organize material from class based on the order assignments are given to me.My current system is labeling folders like...
  6. Organize folders by numeric attribute. Assigning number to folder.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Organize folders by numeric attribute. Assigning number to folder.: I'm looking for a way to organize files/folders in a numeric order without changing the name of the file/folders.The end result would be i could organize material from class based on the order assignments are given to me.My current system is labeling folders like...
  7. Cannot change Read-Only attribute in any folders.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cannot change Read-Only attribute in any folders.: I am an admin and only user of my PC Win 10 10.0.19045 Build 19045I tried to remove the Read Only attribute of the Download folder or Program Files folder and none would work. It would always revert back to Read-Only. For that reason, I am unable to install a software.I have...
  8. Cannot change Read-Only attribute in any folders.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Cannot change Read-Only attribute in any folders.: I am an admin and only user of my PC Win 10 10.0.19045 Build 19045I tried to remove the Read Only attribute of the Download folder or Program Files folder and none would work. It would always revert back to Read-Only. For that reason, I am unable to install a software.I have...
  9. Cannot change Read-Only attribute in any folders.

10. Photos Folder and Hidden/System Attribute Automatically Set

Photos Folder and Hidden/System Attribute Automatically Set: I have several folders located on NAS drive with {random path}\Photos\ When navigating to the folder can go to the path {random path} and the folder will be missing from explorer. There are two ways I can get to the folder without changing my system settings to view system...