Windows 10: Folder Authorisation Issue C Drive

Discus and support Folder Authorisation Issue C Drive in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hi all. I own a new laptop with a 256g SSD. 4 days ago I merged the 2 partitions with AOMEI software bc I did not like how it came (C drive was 90GB... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by wave, Nov 18, 2018.

1. wave Win User

Folder Authorisation Issue C Drive

Hi all. I own a new laptop with a 256g SSD. 4 days ago I merged the 2 partitions with AOMEI software bc I did not like how it came (C drive was 90GB and D drive was 142 GB)

Here it is a pic of my disk https://i.imgur.com/iUl804M.png

Now I only have one drive of (222GB)

Whenever I try so install or modify (e.g. delete) a folder on the Programs or Programs X86 folders It does not let me do it. I can still download programs without big problems, to an extent.

To solve this problem do I need to format the pc? Do u think it will be a big issue in the long term if I do not format it right now? e.g. I installed Photoshop successfully today, but I could not choose the directory path for Programs C bc it could not let me install it there. I still installed it tho somehow.

I changed C drive ownership but the problem persists. I tried to change authorizations for folders but I still have this issue at times.

ps: most of the times it says I need "Administrators permission" in order to modify or delete folders and subfolders.

Any solutions? Can I leave my pc like that atm and install again the OS in the future?

Thanks.

:)

2. Arun B J Win User

C: Drive Admin Share Keeps Enabling

Hi,

Thank you for your response.

I suggest you to follow the steps below and check if it helps.

• Press Windows +E,

• Right click on C: drive.

• Select Sharing Tab.

• Click on Advanced Sharing.

• Uncheck “Share this folder”.

Keep us posted on this issue so that we can assist you better.

Arun B J, Nov 18, 2018
  3. Arun B J Win User
    How do I move photos from the my photo app to the pictures folder on the C drive?

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I understand your concern and will assist you to resolve this issue.

I suggest you to follow the steps below and check if it helps.

• Open Photo App.

• Select the photo and right click on the photo.

• Select Open Folder.

• From there you will be able to copy all the photos to C: drive
    Hope this helps. If the issue remains unresolved, please get back to us and we would be happy to help.

Arun B J, Nov 18, 2018
  4. Folder Authorisation Issue C Drive

RM Folder in C-drive

Hi,

For us to isolate the issue, did you install/download anything prior to this folder showing up on your C: drive? We suggest that you first run a scan on the folder to check if there's any potential virus/malware.

Looking forward to your response.

Patricia Yu, Nov 18, 2018
Thema:

Folder Authorisation Issue C Drive

1. Folder Authorisation Issue C Drive - Similar Threads - Folder Authorisation Issue

2. Folder Authorization Issue C Drive

in Windows 10 Support
    Folder Authorization Issue C Drive: Hi all. I own a new laptop with a 256g SSD. 4 days ago I merged the 2 partitions with AOMEI software bc I did not like how it came (C drive was 90GB and D drive was 142 GB) Here it is a pic of my disk https://i.imgur.com/iUl804M.png Now I only have one drive of (222GB)...
  3. c drive

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    c drive: open c drive https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/c-drive/a46f18cc-0ab3-4cf6-9cc2-d70cae15b455
  4. Random Folders Appearing on the C:\ Drive

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Random Folders Appearing on the C:\ Drive: I have a few Windows 10 systems with clean installs (not upgraded) whose C:\ drives are filling up with random hex named folders; over 50K of them. From what I have read, this could be related to temporary update folders, but they are not being deleted. The folders are named...
  5. C: drive folder sharing?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    C: drive folder sharing?: Hi all - I have a Win10 desktop for gaming/more complicated work and a HP Laptop running Linux Mint MATE 18.3. I'm having an issue with folder sharing on Win10? I've got two folders shared from my Win10 machine - the Shared Folder (which is at the default Windows location...
  6. Access denied to C: drive serious issues

in Windows 10 Support
    Access denied to C: drive serious issues: Following a successful upgrade from my PC running Windows 7 pro 64bit I had a short while running OK. I then had a Notepad window appear on startup together with a sub window saying 'access denied'. Clearing these was no problem but I asked on another forum how to get rid of...
  7. Ramdomly Named folders on C drive

in Windows 10 Support
    Ramdomly Named folders on C drive: Since upgrading to Windows 10 Enterprise I'm seeing a bunch of randomly named folders appearing on my second (non-OS) partition, with names such as "2cb82a847721fa9204182bfb1c". They all have a sub-folder named "Sandbox". Some I have access to and are empty, others I can't...
  8. deleted folder keeps appearing in C:/ Drive

in Windows 10 Support
    deleted folder keeps appearing in C:/ Drive: "temp" folder being created in "C' drive when windows start but its empty! how to get rid of it? https://i.imgur.com/HD2fRpt.jpg its not usually there. 99690
  9. Issue Windows 10 upgrade 95,000 folder in my C drive

in Windows 10 Support
    Issue Windows 10 upgrade 95,000 folder in my C drive: I upgraded my lenovo laptop T440p from windows 8 to windows 10 last week, for so reason I'm having thousands of upgrade folder in my C: every seconds new one's are created. any help would be appreciated. [img] 15919
  10. Manually created folders on C drive are read-only

in Windows 10 Support
    Manually created folders on C drive are read-only: I was just creating a folder on my C drive (SSD) when I noticed that the attribute is set to read-only. I've tried clearing the attribute many ways using the link below but to no avail. Right-clicking on the folder does not show the option to Take Ownership. Does anyone know...