Windows 10: Folder Authorization Issue C Drive

Discus and support Folder Authorization Issue C Drive in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hi all. I own a new laptop with a 256g SSD. 4 days ago I merged the 2 partitions with AOMEI software bc I did not like how it came (C drive was 90GB... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by wave, Nov 18, 2018.

1. wave Win User

Folder Authorization Issue C Drive

Hi all. I own a new laptop with a 256g SSD. 4 days ago I merged the 2 partitions with AOMEI software bc I did not like how it came (C drive was 90GB and D drive was 142 GB)

Here it is a pic of my disk https://i.imgur.com/iUl804M.png

Now I only have one drive of (222GB)

Whenever I try so install or modify (e.g. delete) a folder on the Programs or Programs X86 folders It does not let me do it. I can still download programs without big problems, to an extent.

To solve this problem do I need to format the pc? Do u think it will be a big issue in the long term if I do not format it right now? e.g. I installed Photoshop successfully today, but I could not choose the directory path for Programs C bc it could not let me install it there. I still installed it tho somehow.

I changed C drive ownership but the problem persists. I tried to change authorizations for folders but I still have this issue at times.

ps: most of the times it says I need "Administrators permission" in order to modify or delete folders and subfolders.

Any solutions? Can I leave my pc like that atm and install again the OS in the future?

Thanks.

:)

2. Arun B J Win User

C: Drive Admin Share Keeps Enabling

Hi,

Thank you for your response.

I suggest you to follow the steps below and check if it helps.

• Press Windows +E,

• Right click on C: drive.

• Select Sharing Tab.

• Click on Advanced Sharing.

• Uncheck “Share this folder”.

Keep us posted on this issue so that we can assist you better.

Arun B J, Nov 18, 2018
  3. Arun B J Win User
    How do I move photos from the my photo app to the pictures folder on the C drive?

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I understand your concern and will assist you to resolve this issue.

I suggest you to follow the steps below and check if it helps.

• Open Photo App.

• Select the photo and right click on the photo.

• Select Open Folder.

• From there you will be able to copy all the photos to C: drive
    Hope this helps. If the issue remains unresolved, please get back to us and we would be happy to help.

Arun B J, Nov 18, 2018
  4. Folder Authorization Issue C Drive

RM Folder in C-drive

Hi,

For us to isolate the issue, did you install/download anything prior to this folder showing up on your C: drive? We suggest that you first run a scan on the folder to check if there's any potential virus/malware.

Looking forward to your response.

Patricia Yu, Nov 18, 2018
Thema:

Folder Authorization Issue C Drive

1. Folder Authorization Issue C Drive - Similar Threads - Folder Authorization Issue

2. Folder Authorisation Issue C Drive

in Windows 10 Support
    Folder Authorisation Issue C Drive: Hi all. I own a new laptop with a 256g SSD. 4 days ago I merged the 2 partitions with AOMEI software bc I did not like how it came (C drive was 90GB and D drive was 142 GB) Here it is a pic of my disk https://i.imgur.com/iUl804M.png Now I only have one drive of (222GB)...
  3. Random Folders Appearing on the C:\ Drive

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Random Folders Appearing on the C:\ Drive: I have a few Windows 10 systems with clean installs (not upgraded) whose C:\ drives are filling up with random hex named folders; over 50K of them. From what I have read, this could be related to temporary update folders, but they are not being deleted. The folders are named...
  4. C: drive folder sharing?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    C: drive folder sharing?: Hi all - I have a Win10 desktop for gaming/more complicated work and a HP Laptop running Linux Mint MATE 18.3. I'm having an issue with folder sharing on Win10? I've got two folders shared from my Win10 machine - the Shared Folder (which is at the default Windows location...
  5. No longer authorized to write shared drives

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    No longer authorized to write shared drives: About 2 months ago after a windows 10 update my shared drives started producing an error stating that Administrator approval was required to make changes. I rechecked all the settings and permissions on my W10Pro main machine but W10Home laptops can see shared drives but not...
  6. Access denied to C: drive serious issues

in Windows 10 Support
    Access denied to C: drive serious issues: Following a successful upgrade from my PC running Windows 7 pro 64bit I had a short while running OK. I then had a Notepad window appear on startup together with a sub window saying 'access denied'. Clearing these was no problem but I asked on another forum how to get rid of...
  7. Ramdomly Named folders on C drive

in Windows 10 Support
    Ramdomly Named folders on C drive: Since upgrading to Windows 10 Enterprise I'm seeing a bunch of randomly named folders appearing on my second (non-OS) partition, with names such as "2cb82a847721fa9204182bfb1c". They all have a sub-folder named "Sandbox". Some I have access to and are empty, others I can't...
  8. deleted folder keeps appearing in C:/ Drive

in Windows 10 Support
    deleted folder keeps appearing in C:/ Drive: "temp" folder being created in "C' drive when windows start but its empty! how to get rid of it? https://i.imgur.com/HD2fRpt.jpg its not usually there. 99690
  9. authors

in Windows 10 Support
    authors: Hello I have noticed that some of my files have as author, my name while others have the name of the PC which is, us. Why are they different and how can I change them to be the same? Does it make a difference as far as sharing goes. Thank you 26447
  10. Issue Windows 10 upgrade 95,000 folder in my C drive

in Windows 10 Support
    Issue Windows 10 upgrade 95,000 folder in my C drive: I upgraded my lenovo laptop T440p from windows 8 to windows 10 last week, for so reason I'm having thousands of upgrade folder in my C: every seconds new one's are created. any help would be appreciated. [img] 15919