Windows 10: Folder backup with versioning in W10?

Discus and support Folder backup with versioning in W10? in Windows 10 Backup and Restore to solve the problem; Hello dear community, I have a very specific question for you. Is there a program that copies a folder to a different path at regular intervals,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Backup and Restore' started by Cheater03, Aug 4, 2020.

1. Cheater03 Win User

Folder backup with versioning in W10?

Hello dear community,

I have a very specific question for you.

Is there a program that copies a folder to a different path at regular intervals, but then automatically renames the folder to the date, time, and year? Or always creates a folder?

The content is a Minecraft server and this one was sometimes grabbed in the last...

That's why I would like to make a regular backup to my NAS (a Windows share), preferably every 10 minutes.

The operating system is Windows 10 Professional.

Greetings and thanks in advance

Max from the Allgäu

:)

Cheater03, Aug 4, 2020

2. Cannot 'add folder' to Backup, error code 0x80070032 (Win10)

Hi,

Is the external drive a NTFS format?

The custom library files that are stored in your user profile will not be backed up.

Try the following suggestions and check.

• Move the library folder from the user profile path to a location outside the user profile path. For example, move the folder to the C:\MyLibraries folder.
    • Exclude the library from the list of files that Windows Backup backs up. Then, include the original location of the content in the library in the backup list.
    • Move the library folder to a location other than the user profile folder. Then, add a link to the moved folder from the library. Make sure that the library is included in the backup.
    Hope this helps.

Niranjan Manjhi, Aug 4, 2020
  3. Change default backup folder

Thanks taza99!!

I have:

• Selected a new default folder.
    • Executed a backup in the new default folder.
    But:

When I restart Nokia Suite and perform a new backup, an unwanted "Nokia Suite" subfolder is still created in "My Documents" (although no backup is exported to here).

I'm running last version o Nokia Suite (3.3.86) on Win7.

david segura, Aug 4, 2020
  4. HAT
    hat Win User

Steam backups?

I just backed up all my steam games to my storage drive... my steam folder is around 80GB, but my backup is only 56GB. I did select every game in the list. Does it back up in a compressed format?

Thema:

1. Folder backup with versioning in W10? - Similar Threads - Folder backup versioning

2. W10 version 21H1/ W10 update

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    W10 version 21H1/ W10 update: Hello, after last MS update. Have new MS updates. Have new manufacturer updates/drivers/+chips. Has clean install. Now unable to wake up after ‘sleep’, even tho’ power switch blinking= When I press return &/or wiggle mouse, as hve always done; instead of screen...
  3. W10 version 21H1/ W10 update

in Windows 10 Gaming
    W10 version 21H1/ W10 update: Hello, after last MS update. Have new MS updates. Have new manufacturer updates/drivers/+chips. Has clean install. Now unable to wake up after ‘sleep’, even tho’ power switch blinking= When I press return &/or wiggle mouse, as hve always done; instead of screen...
  4. W10 version 21H1/ W10 update

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Backup to folder?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Backup to folder?: So i do have this TrueNAS NAS and connected it to Nextcloud because i want to have a bigass backup system for my private PC. Now i would like backup onto it but windows needs a drive to do such a thing and NextCloud provides me with only a folder. What do i do? 177876
  6. W10 version 0h2

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    W10 version 0h2: Yesterday I installed 20h2. No problem. Used the PC until 10 PM. Powered down same. This morning I power up the PC and windows automatically uninstalled 20h2. Why would this happen? It worked fin yesterday!...
  7. W10 backup error

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    W10 backup error: "Backup encountered a problem while backing up file C:\Users\defaultuser1.PasDell\Contacts. Error:STATUS_WAIT_2 0x80070002 Backup encountered a problem while backing up file C:\Users\defaultuser1.PasDell\Searches. Error:STATUS_WAIT_2 0x80070002"...
  8. W10 version info

in Windows 10 Support
    W10 version info: Here it is according to forum instructions: [img] Here it is on Desktop (DWORD 1 paintdesktop) [img] Here it is from command line: C:\Users\Owner>ver Microsoft Windows [Version 10.0.18363.719] Looks to me like paintdesktop is lying. Command 'ver' is incongruous....
  9. non regular backup W10

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    non regular backup W10: I would like to make a backup copy now and then, In windows 10 I cannot see this option. Only option from 10 minutes to once a day. Am I looking at the wrong place?...
  10. Backup on W10 skips file

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    Backup on W10 skips file: Windows backup always skips 2 files : G:\username\MUSIC and says that it is already on the target drive. This after even reformatting that drive! (on windows 10). Also, a second error involving the file E:\username\MUSIC appears simultaneously, with the statement that the...