Windows 10: Folder called "Start-up" is actually called "Startup" - or vice versa

Discus and support Folder called "Start-up" is actually called "Startup" - or vice versa in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Here's a weird thing I've just noticed. There's a folder in %APPDATA%\Microsoft\Windows\Start Menu\Programs called "Start-up". In contains, as you'd... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/wonkey_monkey, Apr 23, 2020.

1. Folder called "Start-up" is actually called "Startup" - or vice versa

Here's a weird thing I've just noticed. There's a folder in %APPDATA%\Microsoft\Windows\Start Menu\Programs called "Start-up". In contains, as you'd expect, things which startup when you log in.

But if you go to this folder in Windows Explorer or a command prompt, you'll find it's actually called "Startup". In fact it changes depending on whether you're looking at the full path, or the "breadcrumb" view:

https://imgur.com/a/l20njeu

What a weird and potentially problematic thing to do! Do any other folders get this magic name-changing treatment?

submitted by /u/wonkey_monkey
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/wonkey_monkey, Apr 23, 2020

2. Video calling from PC to LUMIA!!!!

I have a Nokia Lumia 620, and want to know if i could make video calls from pc to my phone or vice-versa.

If there is any app for this, please suggest.

THANK YOU!!!! (advance)

Shivshankar Tudu, Apr 23, 2020
  3. Avedis53 Win User
    Can't get GPU-Z to start with Windows 8.1 startup

I'm not sure how to do that. Could you list the steps for a noob?

Avedis53, Apr 23, 2020
  4. Winuser Win User

Folder called "Start-up" is actually called "Startup" - or vice versa

Microsoft robo call

This is what I use on my landline. Stop robocalls and telemarketers with Nomorobo . If the calling number is on the list the phone rings once and the call gets redirected. IMHO the do not call list has turned into a please call list.

Winuser, Apr 23, 2020
Thema:

Folder called "Start-up" is actually called "Startup" - or vice versa

1. Folder called "Start-up" is actually called "Startup" - or vice versa - Similar Threads - Folder called Start

2. Convert VMware to VirtualBox and vice-versa

in Windows 10 News
    Convert VMware to VirtualBox and vice-versa: [IMG]A Virtual Machine is one of the cheapest ways to experience and use multiple operating systems on a single computer. Two of the biggest brands in the virtual machine industry are VMWare and VirtualBox. You can easily convert VMware to VirtualBox virtual machine and vice...
  3. Start up called program

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Start up called program: I have startup called program and it does not show its location I have gone through FAQS but it did not help please tell me how to remove it https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/start-up-called-program/72b19577-8c03-40cf-97de-5f4598fd3acf
  4. Start up called program

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Start up called program: I have startup called program and it does not show its location I have gone through FAQS but it did not help please tell me how to remove it https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/start-up-called-program/72b19577-8c03-40cf-97de-5f4598fd3acf
  5. Start up called program

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  6. A startup program called "Program"

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    A startup program called "Program": I found startup program called "Program". I found this after installing some apps 1- Google chrome /2- Wondershare E-Draw Max why?father more:- within my other pc I found this and after restart the blue screen error occurred....
  7. caps lock is saying it's on when it's actually off. and vice versa

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    caps lock is saying it's on when it's actually off. and vice versa: The title pretty much says it all. caps lock button is being weird. windows 10 chuwi hi10 air if it helps. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/caps-lock-is-saying-its-on-when-its-actually-off/2fa6a637-7d97-4a19-9cda-c47d9673053b
  8. There is a startup program called "This". Is it a virus?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    There is a startup program called "This". Is it a virus?: Hello, I'm really puzzled as of why or how there is a start up program called "This", it show that a blank space at the Publisher column and the startup impact says is "Not measured". Does anyone has any ideas as of how to get more info about this and how to get ride of...
  9. Headphones recognized as speakers and vice versa...

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Headphones recognized as speakers and vice versa...: I've had this problem for a while now. It has corrected itself in the past but the latest update has brought this up again. What would be the most painless way of correcting this issue. Running troubleshooter does nothing. It would mean a lot to get this fixed as painlessly...
  10. Sub folders "sort by" affects main folder and vice versa

in Windows 10 Support
    Sub folders "sort by" affects main folder and vice versa: So this has been bugging me ever since Windows 10 rolled out in our country. If I recall correctly, in windows 7, folder sorting could be independent. If I sorted a sub folder for date modified and the main folder was originally sorted for name, the sorting of the sub folder...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows 10 startup program named program

2. program in startup called program