Windows 10: Folder cant be deleted even after editing permission

Discus and support Folder cant be deleted even after editing permission in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I am trying to delete a folder that contained an application that required me to allow them to monitor almost everything. I have tried to delete it and... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by _Shigeo_, Jan 24, 2020.

1. _Shigeo_ Win User

Folder cant be deleted even after editing permission

I am trying to delete a folder that contained an application that required me to allow them to monitor almost everything. I have tried to delete it and most of it has been deleted except for the main folder the sub folder which contains a .sys file. I have tried to edit the permissions to my account however even after doing so it would say a message that I require permission from the administrator aka the user profile I am signed into regardless when the only user profile I have in this laptop is the administrator account

Folder cant be deleted even after editing permission 9fbcd07b-21cf-470e-b360-aaeda5e27fd7?upload=true.png

:)

_Shigeo_, Jan 24, 2020

2. Trouble deleting a folder

Thanks for the suggestion but it says "delete folder failed for E:\....." for each folder I try.

*Confused Folder cant be deleted even after editing permission :confused:

Will I be forever stuck with these unnecessary folders? *Oh Well Folder cant be deleted even after editing permission :eek:hwell:

oli_ramsay, Jan 24, 2020
  3. How to edit permission of folders in vista

In vista if some software try to copy files or folders to original directory then installation fails or programms cant run due to permission.
    i want to edit permissions of folder ..but cant select any option..
    rightclick on any folder- properties-security-edit-select writre..but i'm unable to edit it.

that's y i'm unable to run some application
    even i'm not able to run emule.

plz solve my problem.

freebird_9924, Jan 24, 2020
  4. topgundcp Win User

Unable to delete a folder - Invalid folder name

Suggestion:
    1. Run chkdsk x: /r to make sure that there's no HD corruption.
      x: is the drive containing the folder you want to delete.
    2. Try to delete the folder again. If still does not work, go to step 3.
    3. Download: Download - Linux Mint and create a bootable USB using: Rufus - Create bootable USB
    4. Boot up with Linux Mint and try to delete the folder again.
      NOTE: Unlike WinPE. Linux does not have any Windows permission imposed to it so it is easier to delete.

topgundcp, Jan 24, 2020
Thema:

1. Folder cant be deleted even after editing permission - Similar Threads - Folder cant deleted

2. Cant delete antivirus folder even though im the administrator.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Cant delete antivirus folder even though im the administrator.: My kid installed combo cleaner which i want OFF my computer, yet i try to delete and it says:"You'll need to provide administrator permission to delete this folder"When i click "Skip" it does the same thingIf i click "Continue" then it says "You need permission to perform...
  3. Cant delete antivirus folder even though im the administrator.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cant delete antivirus folder even though im the administrator.: My kid installed combo cleaner which i want OFF my computer, yet i try to delete and it says:"You'll need to provide administrator permission to delete this folder"When i click "Skip" it does the same thingIf i click "Continue" then it says "You need permission to perform...
  4. Cant delete antivirus folder even though im the administrator.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Administrator permission to delete a folder

Administrator permission to delete a folder: Avira autorun blocker needs administrator permission to delete it, How to get this permission ? Thanks. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/administrator-permission-to-delete-a-folder/8d4ff131-fddb-408d-8e98-81fe7b6c3e1f"
  6. Permission to delete file and folder

Permission to delete file and folder: [IMG]i want to delete an app from my laptop but it requires permission from system and administrator but I can't do it. Please tell me how to do it? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/permission-to-delete-file-and-folder/3d51b993-bd01-4440-8d32-ac348254491d"
  7. Cannot delete an empty folder (No read permission even for admin)

Cannot delete an empty folder (No read permission even for admin): I was cleaning up some files and ran into several empty folders that I can't remove. Says "Folder access denied" When I go into the folder's properties to change permissions, it tells me "You must have Read permissions to view the properties of this object. Click advance to...
  8. Get permission to delete folders

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Get permission to delete folders: Way too often, i come across a massage that says you need permission to perform this action if i try to delete a useless folder or a file on my computer. Any way to fix this? 124500
  9. Folder deletion impossible even with full permissions, Win10, SSD

in Windows 10 Support
    Folder deletion impossible even with full permissions, Win10, SSD: Hello I'm having difficulty deleting files and folders on an SSD in Windows 10. The SSD is used for games, and most of the data is a Steam folder. The problem with file removal is worsened as the Steam folder is mostly a modded Skyrim installation, which requires frequent...
  10. Cant delete Windows.old folder after upgrade

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Cant delete Windows.old folder after upgrade: After upgrading to latest Win 10 I am happy with all working well and want to delete the Windows.old folder. But although I am the administrator I get a message saying I need administrator rights to do this. I have even tried using the hidden administrator account but get the...